Ferguson

TPS

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ladies and gentlemen, you're progressive anarchists at work...

Most businesses destroyed in Ferguson are minority-owned.

Of course it's always that way. The Rodney King riots saw them loot their own neighborhood businesses. That's got to be great for their local economy. The issue is many of the looters don't live there so they don't give a ****. The locals that joined in are just not very smart. Protest, yell, have sit-ins carry signs. When did looting help their cause at all. All this says is "see, this is why the police act the way they do sometimes."

Commentary on the NYT coverage:

"Soon came the smoke bombs, the random sounds of bullets, the chaos that was almost as predictable as the verdict everyone expected." Thus appeared the absence of human agency in a sentence in a NYT article headlined: "From Plains to Both Coasts, Fury Boils Over" (NYT).

Fury — as if disembodied from any person — did what fury does. Smoke bombs, random sounds, and chaos came. On their own? Did no person engage in the throwing of bombs? Bullet sounds were around, randomly, not connected to human fingers pulling triggers, and even the guns were not mentioned. Chaos simply arrived. How could it not? It was predictable.

Predictable, not even predicted. Had there been prognosticators, they would have predicted the chaos, because it was predictable. But what was even more predictable was "the verdict everyone expected." Ah, finally! The sentence gets around to human beings: everyone.

Everyone expected? Well, then what was all that suspense-provoking blabber from talking heads on CNN as we waited for the press conference? Were they just lying to keep us from switching back to "Monday Night Football"?

But the NYT tells us that everyone expected the grand jury to decide there should be no prosecution of... oh, what was the police officer's name? I search the text. Late appears the name of the police officer, Darren Wilson. The name of the human being facing criminal prosecution and entitled to due process is tucked discreetly into the 16th paragraph of this New York Times article about the boiling of fury and the random noise-making of bullets.

There are a few other names amid the inanimate forces of chaos and random bullets before we encounter the name of the man everyone predicted would not be prosecuted. Here's Brien Redmon — in paragraph 2 — who "stood in the cold watching a burning police car and sporadic looting." He's the first human being we see acting. His action was watching. And — because it was predictable and because chaos had arrived — a police car burned, as if by spontaneous combustion, and looting occurred, as if merchandise might on its own pick up and walk out of the shops.

"The situation seemed to worsen as the night wore on, with fires and looting mostly limited to certain areas, but seemingly on the edge of spinning out of control."

It would be indelicate to mention any human beings committing crimes. Just call it "The situation." Does a situation have a mind with any ability to decide whether or not to act, or does it "spin" — on its own — right up to some metaphorical "edge" beyond which lies that place called "out of control"?

More at the link: http://althouse.blogspot.com/2014/11/soon-came-careful-phrases-and.html

Fox at least puts people on with different perspectives, they do in every segment on every show.

I watched a lot of MSNBC during this, and they are really twisted.

They tell their audience things like, "and we all know most everyone in this entire country disagrees with verdict", and most everyone knows this is a miscarriage of justice.

Fox at least puts people on with different perspectives, they do in every segment on every show.

They tell their audience things like, "and we all know most everyone in this entire country disagrees with verdict", and most everyone knows this is a miscarriage of justice.

And given the Groupthink mentality that MSNBC caters to, it is not entirely wrong when they make statements about "we all know" and "most everyone agrees". MSNBC has the smallest but I would argue most loyal viewer base because they go there to re-affirm a world view

Fox was the only station that managed to interview anyone of Brown's family. Their reporting last night was actually...competent.

Fox was the only station that managed to interview anyone of Brown's family. Their reporting last night was actually...competent.

Just my opinion, but their 'hard news' shows like Special Report and Fox News Sunday aren't bad. It's the Hannitys & the like that tilt the content so much.

I did see that, Shepard Smith interviewing the cousin. Shep pressed him for answers, but gave the fellow the time to explain what he felt he needed to.

Brown's cousin too reiterated, the looting and violent demonstrations are not warranted. Most seem to want to just have this case go to a real trial. Shep pressed him into almost seeming to say he knows the cop would not be convicted in a trial, but he just wanted a trial.

:rolleyes:

Just my opinion, but their 'hard news' shows like Special Report and Fox News Sunday aren't bad. It's the Hannitys & the like that tilt the content so much.

Hannity just repeats his same words over and over again, they should have let him go when they gave Megyn Kelly her show and kept Greta where she was.

And given the Groupthink mentality that MSNBC caters to, it is not entirely wrong when they make statements about "we all know" and "most everyone agrees". MSNBC has the smallest but I would argue most loyal viewer base because they go there to re-affirm a world view

Ha ha ha! YOU want to talk about groupthink? You are the very living embodiment of a groupthink sheep. Creep

I did see that, Shepard Smith interviewing the cousin. Shep pressed him for answers, but gave the fellow the time to explain what he felt he needed to.

Brown's cousin too reiterated, the looting and violent demonstrations are not warranted. Most seem to want to just have this case go to a real trial. Shep pressed him into almost seeming to say he knows the cop would not be convicted in a trial, but he just wanted a trial.

Shep's questions were rather leading, however. But he did give the cousin time to speak his peace without interruption, which was nice. And the cousin was very reasonable as well, particularly given the situation.

All in all, a decent interview...far better than the CNN anchors interviewing each other about how their gas masks sucked.

Hannity just repeats his same words over and over again, they should have let him go when they gave Megyn Kelly her show and kept Greta where she was.

It's been a while since I listened to Hannity, but as I recall he did a pretty good show...and then repeated that 30 minute show for hours and hours and weeks and weeks.

Yes Tom, only the Conservative network got it right

It's been a while since I listened to Hannity, but as I recall he did a pretty good show...and then repeated that 30 minute show for hours and hours and weeks and weeks.

Big surprise here, you like Hannity!

Of course it's always that way. The Rodney King riots saw them loot their own neighborhood businesses. That's got to be great for their local economy. The issue is many of the looters don't live there so they don't give a ****. The locals that joined in are just not very smart. Protest, yell, have sit-ins carry signs. When did looting help their cause at all. All this says is "see, this is why the police act the way they do sometimes."

Disrupting commerce in any way is not constructive, I mean, standing in the middle of highways and not allowing trucks or whoever to drive to where they are needing to go.

There is no greater good when this crap is done.

From what I'm seeing on FB it looks like this "protest" backfired big time. White people who normally lay down for this type of stuff are calling bull ****, and black & white liberals who cried a river for Trayvon and/or disagree with the GJ's decision (based on their thorough examination of the evidence) are calling out how ridiculous, destructive, and counterproductive it is.

Only the truly hardcore Gatorboy types are defending any of this.

This whole thing seemed pretty much orchestrated. The decision's been in. The media was primed.The DA got primetime (betcha he's got higher political aspirations than DA) and night-time is when most people are free and flames show up best. Regardless of the decision this was going to happen.

These rioters are amateurs. They need to look at Canada (hockey fans) for some inspiration. Now THOSE are riots.

Shame all around. A kid is dead, and I'm not sure it was unavoidable. The officer can go on the talk-show circuit. USA, land of opportunity.

Yes Tom, only the Conservative network got it right

Look dipshit...I had CNN, MSNBC, and Fox on three screens for two hours. In those two hours, CNN and MSNBC only showed and discussed the rioting. Fox is the only station that managed to conduct interviews and discuss the jury's decision. That has nothing to do with "conservative vs. liberal." That's a simple statement of fact backed by observation that one station reported news, the other two provided entertainment.

It was also surprising to me, since the only times I've ever watched Fox was for the comedy factor. And while Fox's comedy factor wasn't absent (see GreggyT's "Anarchy in America's Heartland," above. That was hilarious), CNN vastly surpassed them in that regard last night.

This whole thing seemed pretty much orchestrated. The decision's been in. The media was primed.The DA got primetime (betcha he's got higher political aspirations than DA) and night-time is when most people are free and flames show up best. Regardless of the decision this was going to happen.

These rioters are amateurs. They need to look at Canada (hockey fans) for some inspiration. Now THOSE are riots.

Shame all around. A kid is dead, and I'm not sure it was unavoidable. The officer can go on the talk-show circuit. USA, land of opportunity.

It was orchestrated. In part by the same people that organize the IMF and World Bank protests.

From what I'm seeing on FB it looks like this "protest" backfired big time. White people who normally lay down for this type of stuff are calling bull ****, and black & white liberals who cried a river for Trayvon and/or disagree with the GJ's decision (based on their thorough examination of the evidence) are calling out how ridiculous, destructive, and counterproductive it is.

Only the truly hardcore Gatorboy types are defending any of this.

What ?

You mean, taking advantage of a young man's tragic death, and having the Left bring in their professional "anti-capitalism" mobs across the country isn't going to persuade Americans ??

The difference in two news media alerts.

Can you spot the difference?

In all fairness, you have to give the nod to CNN for being honest. Every thinking person knows that if Wilson were black, absolutely no one outside the local media would be covering this.

There are few things the media and the left could care less about than black on black crime. Which is unfortunate, because it's the biggest challenge facing minorities today outside of the progressives "Have another baby" incentive program to keep the minorities dependent on the federal teat for survival.

A kid is dead, and I'm not sure it was unavoidable.

It was totally avoidable. All Brown had to do was stop going after the officer and he'd be alive today.

I just don't get why these star athletes, even Pulitzer prize winning journalists on MSNBC, and leaders who condemn this verdict, why don't they just come out and say the 12 people on the Grand Jury have to been forced to vote in a particular, the jury was stacked with whites, and on top of it, they have to be racists then? The whole system is a fraud because there is no actual day in court.

This counted as a day in court, correct? It was determined that many people lied and there was not enough evidence to prosecute, and based on science, they can tell the kid was never shot in the back.

I don't know how this Grand Jury thing all works, but I am also hearing that if are a prosecutor, and you want an indictment, it is not hard to obtain.

It is the turn of others now to "interpret" what the black leaders have "interpreted".

If you don't believe in science and you cannot accept a jury of your peers, I have no idea why you stay in America. If you do stay, I have no idea how these riots don't happen with more frequency. Lots of dumb people out there.

Edited by Security

It was totally avoidable. All Brown had to do was stop going after the officer and he'd be alive today.

Neither of us was there. So I don't know how either of us can be sure one way or another. Two people know for sure what happened and neither of them are talking.

I just don't get why these star athletes, even Pulitzer prize winning journalists on MSNBC, and leaders who condemn this verdict, why don't they just come out and say the 12 people on the Grand Jury have to been forced to vote in a particular, the jury was stacked with whites, and on top of it, they have to be racists then? The whole system is a fraud because there is no actual day in court.

This counted as a day in court, correct? It was determined that many people lied and there was not enough evidence to prosecute, and based on science, they can tell the kid was never shot in the back.

I don't know how this Grand Jury thing all works, but I am also hearing that if are a prosecutor, and you want an indictment, it is not hard to obtain.

It is the turn of others now to "interpret" what the black leaders have "interpreted".

If you don't believe in science and you cannot accept a jury of your peers, I have no idea why you stay in America. If you do stay, I have no idea how these riots don't happen with more frequency. Lots of dumb people out there.

The burden of proof for an indictment is very little. So people declaring the officer is innocent are wrong. In theory a new grand jury could be convened, and they could indict. I don't see it happening, but there's no double jeopardy attached.

Neither of us was there. So I don't know how either of us can be sure one way or another. Two people know for sure what happened and neither of them are talking.

You know the saying Dead Men Tell No Tales isn't entirely true anymore. The autopsy and forensics tell their own story which is consistent with Wilson's account

The burden of proof for an indictment is very little. So people declaring the officer is innocent are wrong. In theory a new grand jury could be convened, and they could indict. I don't see it happening, but there's no double jeopardy attached.

No, the officer is innocent of any crime. Innocent until proved guilty

I think it is sad that some black friends of min that live in the suburbs and their children have no no wants or needs feel like their sons are in danger of being shot.

There are smart, educated, fairly well off black people that think their children are at great risk of being killed.

But the 12 people on the grand jury know a heck of a lot more than any of the millions of people talking about it today, so it's a little hard to sympathize with people who offer blanket rejections of that group's decision.

I think it is sad that some black friends of min that live in the suburbs and their children have no no wants or needs feel like their sons are in danger of being shot.

There are smart, educated, fairly well off black people that think their children are at great risk of being killed.

They fear them being shot by street thugs or the police? If it's the later, they can't be that smart or educated.

There was plenty of anarchy at Ford Field last night!!

I can't believe anyone would have missed a single play of that masterpiece to watch CNN/Fox or any of the other idiot networks.

Oh, I didn't miss a snap. I just couldn't avoid the theater on the cablers, and the ladyfriend was out and about so I was just making sure LA didn't go and join in on the stupid. Thankfully all the folks here did was lie down in the streets... which is the most LA way to protest in history, so it was all good.

They fear them being shot by street thugs or the police? If it's the later, they can't be that smart or educated.

Seems to me more worried about the police, but if it is a street thug, it is still the system, and in reality the police and society's fault for not doing anything to protect them because they are viewed as not important.

it becomes the police regardless.

The officer gave four hours of testimony to the grand jury.

And his clothes, his police car, his bullets, his own physical medical diagnosis, there is plenty of testimony it seems without a word spoken.

Who exactly orchestrated it?

Is this explanation of the riot equivalent to a "she was asking for it?"

A kid is dead, and I'm not sure it was unavoidable. The officer can go on the talk-show circuit. USA, land of opportunity.

Missing the part about the Shrek sized kid walking down the street with a box of stolen cigarillos who told the cop to get the eff out his way then charged at him ?

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Actually, more than two people know because three eyewitnesses testified to the grand jury that Brown rushed the cop, and his hands were never raised.

So like I said...totally unavoidable if Brown doesn't go after the cop.

I also hear people complaining that Wilson should have been able to subdue this guy.

I also hear people mad Wilson chased Brown......I flat out do not understand this, at this point he is a criminal suspect, it is a cop chasing a robber, kind of his job.

Imagine if the cop was a woman!

I actually do not think there should be woman cops allowed, only as desk duty cops to frisk arrested women.

Edited by Security

The DA got primetime (betcha he's got higher political aspirations than DA) and night-time is when most people are free and flames show up best.

McCullogh (a Democrat) has been the prosecutor in St Louis since 1991. I seriously doubt he has aspirations for a higher office or he'd have left already, instead of getting re-elected by wide margins or running unopposed over and over again. The reason the media started throwing him under the bus early in this process is to pay him back for backing the successful primary campaign of Steve Stenger in his race against the ever-corrupt Charlie Dooley

They announced it at night because they wanted to let all the children get home from school and parents get home from work. They didn't want this to happen while there were millions of people who needed to commute. Get a clue you !@#$ing shrew.