Bills awarded TE MarQueis Gray from Vikings

YoloinOhio

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering if anyone noticed the plays by Gray. He looks like he could be a useful weapon. Eventually they had to find someone better than Chandler. Watching Chandler is like watching ground hogs day. Catch the ball, someone chops his legs and down he goes. At least Gray can move the ball a bit after the catch. He had a nice game.

2 catches 71 yards....no, we didn't notice. You watched the game , right?

That 3rd down play call to Gray was easily Hackett's best play design of his career--and I'm not exaggerating.

yup - and thats not just the hindsight of it working. it was the kind of play where the OC actually contributes to the success of his players. it would be nice to see a good number of those calls each week, and a few of them actually working out big because you have used the talent to maximize opportunities. eventually itll result in plays. lately, we have seen a little more of it but not enough or consistent. i see the flashes of "maybe we have a shot if we keep with NH and he keeps learning." but its frustrating waiting to see if he gets there.

and what would folks be saying about Hackett if gray dropped it ?

that for a long time ive been advocating using misdirection and play action and such to create space for our athletes and you wont win them all but i want to see more of it?

and what would folks be saying about Hackett if gray dropped it ?

I don't know...I'm not "folks", I'm me.

If I had to guess what I'd say, probably something like "That 3rd down play call to Gray was easily Hackett's best play design of his career--and I'm not exaggerating. Too bad the no-name guy dropped it."

If you'd like to say what you'd be saying, feel free.

yup - and thats not just the hindsight of it working. it was the kind of play where the OC actually contributes to the success of his players. it would be nice to see a good number of those calls each week, and a few of them actually working out big because you have used the talent to maximize opportunities. eventually itll result in plays. lately, we have seen a little more of it but not enough or consistent. i see the flashes of "maybe we have a shot if we keep with NH and he keeps learning." but its frustrating waiting to see if he gets there.

Agree 100%

Just checked out some of his college highlights

and his personnel story. This guy is the real deal

and the perfect Buffalo Bill. This guy could be a real difference maker for the Bills. he also could

play QB in a pinch and you could design a whole goal line package with him at QB. Man this guy

is really good I'm glad he is a Buffalo Bill.

put him in when we need a QB Sneak

he did it many times in college.

Welcome to your new home Mr. Gray

here are so me highlights to check out

some real good stuff here by him

You mean 70 yards on 2 catches. Yes, people noticed.

Not sure he'll get that open on regular occasion but if he does, I'll take it any time.

If you got Sammy and Robert having big games the defense has to respect that. Clearly the Jests and Doo-Doo Browns decided to take Sammy out of the game and live and die by Robert Woods. Well they both got killed by Robert Woods. D-COs will take notice and adjust their philosophy.

That likely leaves some juicy 1 on 1s with LBs for our H-Back.

I'm thinking Gray will have every opportunity to beat more one on ones and it'll be up to him to capitalize on this juicy opportunity.

Think of Clay in Miami. If he had that type of effect on the offense this would be a huge find.

Edited by Why So Serious?

He could have and should have lowered the boom on the first big gainer for an extra 1-5 yards but I liked the speed and athleticism. After those two plays that worked so well I fully expect us to never see him the rest of the year" because other teams may expect it.

I should have ran Leonard over without a doubt, bet he was just tired though.

Just go watch his college hilites he looks like the 2nd coming of marshawn lynch.

Give him some time. This guy is like a unpolished diamond. I love his whole story

What a find for the Bills.

Here is some video of him playing wide receiver what a athlete

Plus the could run wildcat goal line package. The dude can throw

The ball. He has a great NFL body

If T. Pryor had half a brain, he would give up on the pipe dream that he's a QB in the NFL and would make the transition to a TE.

I've been saying that for years. I'd want him at wr tho. His height/weight/40 time are nearly identical to megaton. He also played some bball and had that great leaping catch in the national championship game years back.

I would totally give him a shot at wr