IF Game is Monday, will it be televised nationally? (update: On DTV)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll believe it when I see it.

Me too--well at least until an official announcement is made, But I think that suggests the Sunday in the Sunday Ticket doesn't bind the league to only use those channels on Sunday. If an exception has been made, even once, why wouldn't it be considered again? Was there appreciable fallout from that exception?

Yesterday's news. The NFL will decide today what happens with any national distribution.

Just chatted with a directv rep, she told me the game will be shown on Sunday ticket, hope she's right.

However, the game is not listed on the directv guide yet.

So we shall see.

Interesting. WGR said a listener tweeted them a response from DirecTV that said the game will NOT be aired on Sunday Ticket. It's CBS local market only. If so, i will be furious.

Interesting. WGR said a listener tweeted them a response from DirecTV that said the game will NOT be aired on Sunday Ticket. It's CBS local market only. If so, i will be furious.

Just went through DirecTV's feed don't see anything where they tweeted @ someone about the game. I went back 4 days.

Just went through DirecTV's feed don't see anything where they tweeted @ someone about the game. I went back 4 days.

I dunno. they said the listener sent them a screen shot of the tweet. I really don't think it's been 100% decided yet. I did my part by tweeting the NFL & Directv. Maybe intense fan pressure would sway them towards airing it on ST. If the NFL feels that not enough people care, they have no reason to jump through hoops to air it.

I dunno. they said the listener sent them a screen shot of the tweet. I really don't think it's been 100% decided yet. I did my part by tweeting the NFL & Directv. Maybe intense fan pressure would sway them towards airing it on ST. If the NFL feels that not enough people care, they have no reason to jump through hoops to air it.

I think DirecTV would want to show it, if not they are loosing a game and also CBS is loosing loads of viewers. Ultimately it's up to the NFL, which in the past they have shown the game on Sunday ticket. It would be beyond stupid if they didn't do that again.

anyone who has dealt with DTV customer service reps before should know they have no idea if the game will be televised or not

the decision hasnt even been made yet and will most likely be announced today and anyone following it will prob know before any of the people answering the phones at DTV will

Edited by Max997

I think DirecTV would want to show it, if not they are loosing a game and also CBS is loosing loads of viewers. Ultimately it's up to the NFL, which in the past they have shown the game on Sunday ticket. It would be beyond stupid if they didn't do that again.

agree with all of that, the problem is with the game being on Monday night

I think this comes down to how nice ESPN wants to play with others and I think we all know how that is going to go

agree with all of that, the problem is with the game being on Monday night

I think this comes down to how nice ESPN wants to play with others and I think we all know how that is going to go

ESPN has done it before and the only stipulation was that they were able to show updates from the other game. But if they want to be a bunch of complete jerks, that would be a very poor choice.

this game is going to be like one of those early bowl games with a couple hundred people in the stands

the decision to televise this game should come down to how much the NFL cares about its fans but as usual it will come down to how much it cares about its broadcast partners

I think you have a screw loose

the decision to televise this game should come down to how much the NFL cares about its fans but as usual it will come down to how much it cares about its broadcast partners

That's how I feel about it too. My interest in the NFL has become pretty tenuous over the last few years. If the league doesn't step up in some way for the fans, I'm thinking there are better things I can do with my time on Sundays, Monday nights, etc...

I can't imagine ESPN would be ok with the Bills game being on TV, unless ESPN aired the game on ESPN 2 or something.

They have to be, as it will be on CBS in the #1 TV market in the country, NYC. Nothing they can do about it. Having DTV carry it is small potatoes compared to that.

I think the only hope us out of market fans have is the previous precedence for this with the Giants vs. Vikes game that got moved to Monday night and apparently aired on Sunday Ticket. I'm not sure how hard that was to do - how much arm twisting was required to get ESPN to allow it - hopefully it can be done again. Right now I don't think anyone at DTV knows, nor does anyone in the media. DTV reps and reporters know that Sunday Ticket is only for Sunday games - that's true, but whether some sort of special arrangement is made (like they did previously) doesn't appear to have been decided or announced - hopefully we get something official today.