Global warming err Climate change HOAX

https://pjmedia.com/blog/new-ipcc-report-eases-global-warming-prediction/

The Wall Street Journal is reporting that the new Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's (IPCC) "fifth assessment report," will slightly dial back its predictions of how much the planet will warm over the coming decades.

Outside of the numbers, there appears to be an acknowledgement -- finally -- that there has been a significant pause in warming trends and that climate sensitivity to CO2 may have been overestimated.

The lower predictions are slight, but significant, says Matt Ridley, author of the article:

Specifically, the draft report says that "equilibrium climate sensitivity" (ECS)—eventual warming induced by a doubling of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, which takes hundreds of years to occur—is "extremely likely" to be above 1 degree Celsius (1.8 degrees Fahrenheit), "likely" to be above 1.5 degrees Celsius (2.4 degrees Fahrenheit) and "very likely" to be below 6 degrees Celsius (10.8 Fahrenheit). In 2007, the IPPC said it was "likely" to be above 2 degrees Celsius and "very likely" to be above 1.5 degrees, with no upper limit. Since "extremely" and "very" have specific and different statistical meanings here, comparison is difficult.

Still, the downward movement since 2007 is clear, especially at the bottom of the "likely" range. The most probable value (3 degrees Celsius last time) is for some reason not stated this time.

A more immediately relevant measure of likely warming has also come down: "transient climate response" (TCR)—the actual temperature change expected from a doubling of carbon dioxide about 70 years from now, without the delayed effects that come in the next century. The new report will say that this change is "likely" to be 1 to 2.5 degrees Celsius and "extremely unlikely" to be greater than 3 degrees. This again is lower than when last estimated in 2007 ("very likely" warming of 1 to 3 degrees Celsius, based on models, or 1 to 3.5 degrees, based on observational studies).

We still need to be commies thought right?

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://pjmedia.com/blog/new-ipcc-report-eases-global-warming-prediction/

The Wall Street Journal is reporting that the new Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's (IPCC) "fifth assessment report," will slightly dial back its predictions of how much the planet will warm over the coming decades.

Outside of the numbers, there appears to be an acknowledgement -- finally -- that there has been a significant pause in warming trends and that climate sensitivity to CO2 may have been overestimated.

The lower predictions are slight, but significant, says Matt Ridley, author of the article:

Specifically, the draft report says that "equilibrium climate sensitivity" (ECS)—eventual warming induced by a doubling of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, which takes hundreds of years to occur—is "extremely likely" to be above 1 degree Celsius (1.8 degrees Fahrenheit), "likely" to be above 1.5 degrees Celsius (2.4 degrees Fahrenheit) and "very likely" to be below 6 degrees Celsius (10.8 Fahrenheit). In 2007, the IPPC said it was "likely" to be above 2 degrees Celsius and "very likely" to be above 1.5 degrees, with no upper limit. Since "extremely" and "very" have specific and different statistical meanings here, comparison is difficult.

Still, the downward movement since 2007 is clear, especially at the bottom of the "likely" range. The most probable value (3 degrees Celsius last time) is for some reason not stated this time.

A more immediately relevant measure of likely warming has also come down: "transient climate response" (TCR)—the actual temperature change expected from a doubling of carbon dioxide about 70 years from now, without the delayed effects that come in the next century. The new report will say that this change is "likely" to be 1 to 2.5 degrees Celsius and "extremely unlikely" to be greater than 3 degrees. This again is lower than when last estimated in 2007 ("very likely" warming of 1 to 3 degrees Celsius, based on models, or 1 to 3.5 degrees, based on observational studies).

The IPCC is an international collection of bull droppings. Stop paying attention to them, and we'll all be better off.

It's just another thing for the left and libs to get BITTER over.

They LOVE being bitter 24/7.

I don't get that at all.

No sense being bitter if it wasn't something personal for which you can exact direct revenge some day coming up.

It's just another thing for the left and libs to get BITTER over.

They LOVE being bitter 24/7.

I don't get that at all.

No sense being bitter if it wasn't something personal for which you can exact direct revenge some day coming up.

My sister-in-law (the worst sort of bumper-sticker liberal) told my father (who votes Republican, no matter how much he hates their candidates) "You're ruining the planet and killing your grandchildren!" when she found out he voted for Trump.

They honestly believe it's personal.

My sister-in-law (the worst sort of bumper-sticker liberal) told my father (who votes Republican, no matter how much he hates their candidates) "You're ruining the planet and killing your grandchildren!" when she found out he voted for Trump.

They honestly believe it's personal.

What a wonderful human being.

I'm pointing out that even the IPCC is backing off on global warming and I'm also mocking them in the process.

After the 10,000th conversation going nowhere on the subject and the 10,000th apocalyptic prediction that fell flat, sometimes we don't carefully parse out an argument any more.

After the 10,000th conversation going nowhere on the subject and the 10,000th apocalyptic prediction that fell flat, sometimes we don't carefully parse out an argument any more.

I probably should have done more than just copy and paste the article. I also should have been clearer in my subsequent post that I was mocking the global warming zealots who post here.

What a wonderful human being.

She's been known to interrupt private conversations of "Republicans" to tell them how completely wrong, insensitive, and offensive they are. She is a true zealot. She's not all that unique, either. There are a LOT of people who think like her.

I just don't deal with her anymore. Sad thing is, she's raising my nieces to be the same way.

Kids grow up to do the exact opposite quite often.

Not these kids. "C'mon, kids! Time to write your weekly letter to Trump! This week, let's ask him to not deport all your friends!" I am not making that up. At least the six year old probably doesn't write above Trump's level of comprehension.

My sister-in-law is actually trying to talk my brother in to moving to France, to get away from all the racism in the US. :wallbash: She is the perfect example of "Earning your PhD doesn't mean you're not a complete !@#$ing moron."

My sister-in-law is actually trying to talk my brother in to moving to France, to get away from all the racism in the US.

I dunno how strong your relationship with your brother is, but your sister-in-law is that bad you should encourage the move. Maybe sweeten the pot with financial assistance.

I've contemplated setting up a Kickstarter for Leftists so despondent over Trump to leave America. Offer up to $10k or so towards related costs for proof of renouncing US citizenship in favor of Utopian societies such as Venezuela or Cuba

I dunno how strong your relationship with your brother is, but your sister-in-law is that bad you should encourage the move. Maybe sweeten the pot with financial assistance.

I've contemplated setting up a Kickstarter for Leftists so despondent over Trump to leave America. Offer up to $10k or so towards related costs for proof of renouncing US citizenship in favor of Utopian societies such as Venezuela or Cuba

Now that's a redistribution of wealth I can get behind.

My brother blamed me for destroying New Orleans by not voting for Kerry.

My brother blamed me for destroying New Orleans by not voting for Kerry.

And by extension you should also be blamed for Deepwater Horizon. Just think how differently things would be if he had only won in 2004. No Katrina, no DH and no financial meltdown. Makes me want to go to my yacht in Massachusetts Rhode Island and toss my medals in the water.

My sister-in-law is actually trying to talk my brother in to moving to France, to get away from all the racism in the US. :wallbash: She is the perfect example of "Earning your PhD doesn't mean you're not a complete !@#$ing moron."

Wish her and her family the best of luck, drive them to the airport, and tell her to keep in touch. After a month or two, if she's honest with herself, she'll realize that the racism and nationalism is much, much worse in Europe than it is here. Maybe it will open her eyes a bit.

Then again, maybe your sister is like mine, and totally immune to truth or fact, even if it's tying her up and setting her on fire.

Wish her and her family the best of luck, drive them to the airport, and tell her to keep in touch. After a month or two, if she's honest with herself, she'll realize that the racism and nationalism is much, much worse in Europe than it is here. Maybe it will open her eyes a bit.

Then again, maybe your sister is like mine, and totally immune to truth or fact, even if it's tying her up and setting her on fire.

Does she sound like she's honest with herself? She's basically gatorman with PMS. And yes, I have scripts that deal with her so I don't have to.

You know what's great right now, though? My brother's a professor at Auburn. So she's stuck living in Alabama. So blue she's practically ultraviolet, and she's stuck in a red state. :lol: She absolutely hates it. She hates everyone down there. I suggested once that maybe she try to get to know people, maybe talk to them...but there's no point in trying to talk to such horrible, racist people, and she knows they're not people she wants to associate with (even though she doesn't know **** about them.) Keeping in mind, of course, that her idea of "talking" and "associating" with "such people" is berating them over how horrible they are, and not understanding why they don't understand that they'd be better people if they just believed what she told them to, and she can't figure out why no one likes her...

She's basically the Democratic Party, in one single nutty package. She is the worst kind of liberal elitist.

And now that I think of it...she doesn't even speak French. She'd move to France fully expecting them to speak English to her, and not understanding why they won't.