Global warming err Climate change HOAX

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is interesting: Dem AG Targets 90 Conservative Groups in Climate Change Racketeering Suit

Subpoena demands Exxon correspondence with Heritage, Cato, Mercatus, Hoover, and Reason, among others

http://freebeacon.com/issues/dem-ag-targets-90-conservative-groups-climate-change-racketeering-suit/

Less "interesting" than "disgusting." Reminds me of the seismologists in Italy who were sent to prison for not warning about the l'Aquila earthquake.

Musk: "We need a revolt against the fossil fuel industry"

“The fundamental issue with fossil fuels is that every use comes with a subsidy,” Musk said. “Every gasoline car on the road has a subsidy, and the right way to address that is with a carbon tax.”

“Politicians take the easy path of providing subsidies to electric vehicles, which aren’t equal to the applied subsidies of gasoline vehicles. It weakens the economic forcing function to transition to sustainable transport and energy.”

While reiterating these calls for a robust carbon tax, Musk acknowledged that introducing the concept would be “hugely and politically difficult - especially when you have enormous lobbying power on behalf of the fossil fuel industry”. The business magnate therefore believes that educating the public on climate issues will be essential in reeling back the fossil fuel industry’s influence over big political decisions – which has already led to European climate policies being dropped over fears of a mass exodus.

“It is quite worrying, the future of the world,” he added. “We need to appeal to the people and educate them to sort of revolt against this and to fight the propaganda of the fossil fuel industry which is unrelenting and enormous.”

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/may/05/elon-musk-we-need-a-revolt-against-the-fossil-fuel-industry

(More): "People have to revolt against the propaganda of the fossil fuel industry which is unrelenting and enormous"

During his talk at the World Energy Innovation Forum (WEIF) today, Tesla CEO Elon Musk called for people to revolt against the propaganda of the fossil fuel industry and he even described a tactic he believes the industry used to smear his companies.

“We need to appeal to the people – educate people to sort of revolt against this and to fight the propaganda of the fossil fuel industry which is unrelenting and enormous.” – Musk said.

The CEO implied that the LA Times article from last year that misleadingly asserted that Musk’s companies received $4.9 billion in subsidies originated from the fossil fuel industry.

Musk suggested that the report was planted to counter the IMF study that found that the fossil fuel industry was receiving the equivalent of ~$5 trillion in subsidy a year. Both reports came out around the same time.

At the event this morning, Musk said:

“After the IMF came out with their study showing that fossil fuels are subsidized to the tune of $6 trillion a year [it’s was actually $5.3 trillion in 2015] – like $6 trillion per year. Then some representatives from the oil and gas industry added up all the incentives that Tesla had received and will receive in the future, which happens to coincide with the $6 billion figure.”

Musk followed by describing how the subsidies included everything Tesla ever received and everything it could receive in the future, both from the government and from other automakers through ZEV mandates, and including the DOE loan Tesla paid back with interest.

When the article was published last year, we published a complete breakdown with comments on each government incentive and information that wasn’t included or simply glanced over by the LA Times.

Musk continued with what he believes was the oil industry propaganda effort:

“They wanted it [the figure] to start with a ‘6’. So roughly a month or two after the IMF study came out, they started shopping that story around to journalists: “Tesla is getting a $6 billion subsidy” and it sounds a bit like a “$6 trillion subsidy”. It has a ‘6’ in it and ‘billion’ or ‘trillion’, you know, it’s kind of close. [laughing]”

He added:

“then they get the LA Times to buy it. It was totally nonsensical.”

At the time, the LA Times said that they themselves conducted the research.

http://electrek.co/2016/05/04/elon-musk-fossil-fuel-propaganda/

Musk: "We need a revolt against the fossil fuel industry"

“The fundamental issue with fossil fuels is that every use comes with a subsidy,” Musk said. “Every gasoline car on the road has a subsidy, and the right way to address that is with a carbon tax.”

“Politicians take the easy path of providing subsidies to electric vehicles, which aren’t equal to the applied subsidies of gasoline vehicles. It weakens the economic forcing function to transition to sustainable transport and energy.”

While reiterating these calls for a robust carbon tax, Musk acknowledged that introducing the concept would be “hugely and politically difficult - especially when you have enormous lobbying power on behalf of the fossil fuel industry”. The business magnate therefore believes that educating the public on climate issues will be essential in reeling back the fossil fuel industry’s influence over big political decisions – which has already led to European climate policies being dropped over fears of a mass exodus.

“It is quite worrying, the future of the world,” he added. “We need to appeal to the people and educate them to sort of revolt against this and to fight the propaganda of the fossil fuel industry which is unrelenting and enormous.”

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/may/05/elon-musk-we-need-a-revolt-against-the-fossil-fuel-industry

(More): "People have to revolt against the propaganda of the fossil fuel industry which is unrelenting and enormous"

During his talk at the World Energy Innovation Forum (WEIF) today, Tesla CEO Elon Musk called for people to revolt against the propaganda of the fossil fuel industry and he even described a tactic he believes the industry used to smear his companies.

“We need to appeal to the people – educate people to sort of revolt against this and to fight the propaganda of the fossil fuel industry which is unrelenting and enormous.” – Musk said.

The CEO implied that the LA Times article from last year that misleadingly asserted that Musk’s companies received $4.9 billion in subsidies originated from the fossil fuel industry.

Musk suggested that the report was planted to counter the IMF study that found that the fossil fuel industry was receiving the equivalent of ~$5 trillion in subsidy a year. Both reports came out around the same time.

At the event this morning, Musk said:

“After the IMF came out with their study showing that fossil fuels are subsidized to the tune of $6 trillion a year [it’s was actually $5.3 trillion in 2015] – like $6 trillion per year. Then some representatives from the oil and gas industry added up all the incentives that Tesla had received and will receive in the future, which happens to coincide with the $6 billion figure.”

Musk followed by describing how the subsidies included everything Tesla ever received and everything it could receive in the future, both from the government and from other automakers through ZEV mandates, and including the DOE loan Tesla paid back with interest.

When the article was published last year, we published a complete breakdown with comments on each government incentive and information that wasn’t included or simply glanced over by the LA Times.

Musk continued with what he believes was the oil industry propaganda effort:

“They wanted it [the figure] to start with a ‘6’. So roughly a month or two after the IMF study came out, they started shopping that story around to journalists: “Tesla is getting a $6 billion subsidy” and it sounds a bit like a “$6 trillion subsidy”. It has a ‘6’ in it and ‘billion’ or ‘trillion’, you know, it’s kind of close. [laughing]”

He added:

“then they get the LA Times to buy it. It was totally nonsensical.”

At the time, the LA Times said that they themselves conducted the research.

http://electrek.co/2016/05/04/elon-musk-fossil-fuel-propaganda/

Musk is smart enough to understand that the vast majority of electricity used to recharge his electric cars is generated by burning fossil fuel. :ph34r:

Great Lakes Go from ‘Climate Change-Induced’ Low Water Levels to Record Highs in 3 Years

FTA:

But even as these news outlets are shocked and concerned about the record high levels of water filling the Great Lakes to overflowing today, only a few short years ago these same sort of news outlets were worried that the lakes were irreversibly shrinking and that climate change was desolating both commerce and the environment.

In 2013, for instance, Chicago’s Public Television WTTW bemoaned a “dramatic” change in the climate that was warming the lakes, lowering water levels, and threatening to destroy commerce and the environment.

The local PBS story also went national as the PBS Newshour ran stories on the environmental disaster the lakes were experiencing.

In 2012 National Geographic sonorously warned that the “climate-related trend” was on the verge of laying waste to the region.

Crain’s Detroit was also writing in 2013 that communities living on the edges of the region’s monumental bodies of water were going to have to “adapt” to the new normal of climate change.

Naturally, far left sources were absolutely sure that global warming was drying up the lakes. In 2013 far left website Think Progress worried its readers with claims that climate change was “damaging” the lakes and would present “implications for the environment and the economy.”

The Natural Resource Defense Council even contemplated lawsuits to prevent cities on the lakes from tapping into them as a source of water.

I will take global warming more seriously when M.I.T. and the rest of academia does.

Click picture to enlarge

CiG6qalWsAAga6-.jpg

I'll be disappointed if they don't work '$15 minimum wage' and 'War on Women' into that jumble.

Not trying to start an argument but the Northern half of the country is experiencing record breaking COLD today. :rolleyes:

That is also a sign of global warming.

I recently heard a conversation (at a movie theater) where one person was saying that it feels like there are more solar eclipses now than when she was a kid... and assumed it must be caused by climate change. :doh:

That is also a sign of global warming.

I recently heard a conversation (at a movie theater) where one person was saying that it feels like there are more solar eclipses now than when she was a kid... and assumed it must be caused by climate change. :doh:

I've heard many conversations that floods, tornadoes, and hurricanes are because God is mad about gays and abortions :doh: :doh: :wallbash:

I've heard many conversations that floods, tornadoes, and hurricanes are because God is mad about gays and abortions :doh: :doh: :wallbash:

Do they also claim that it's "settled" science that needs no further discussion? What do you think would have happened if I were to question the lady's assertion that eclipses are tied to global warming? She would probably have called me ignorant, selfish, and racist.

However, if you were to challenge the validity of God, religious people are more than happy to talk to you about it... for hours.

Edited by unbillievable

Do they also claim that it's "settled" science that needs no further discussion? What do you think would have happened if I were to question the lady's assertion that eclipses are tied to global warming? She would probably have called me ignorant, selfish, and racist.

This reminds me of a girl I took out to dinner once. We ran into another couple I know, so the four of us were having dinner at a nice little Tex-Mex place out on the patio. We were all commenting on how impressive the full moon looked, and this girl suddenly started going on about how ( paraphrased ) the full moon makes people do crazy things because it has more mass when its full, so there's an increased effect of gravity on people and animals. That's why dogs howl at the moon - they feel the extra gravity.

The other couple were polite about it, but I wasn't. I tried to remind her that when the moon waxing or waning gibbous, there's still just as much moon present, that you just can't see it all. She just looked at me blankly and said "but when its full, you see more of it." I never saw her again.

This reminds me of a girl I took out to dinner once. We ran into another couple I know, so the four of us were having dinner at a nice little Tex-Mex place out on the patio. We were all commenting on how impressive the full moon looked, and this girl suddenly started going on about how ( paraphrased ) the full moon makes people do crazy things because it has more mass when its full, so there's an increased effect of gravity on people and animals. That's why dogs howl at the moon - they feel the extra gravity.

The other couple were polite about it, but I wasn't. I tried to remind her that when the moon waxing or waning gibbous, there's still just as much moon present, that you just can't see it all. She just looked at me blankly and said "but when its full, you see more of it." I never saw her again.

You used to date duckdog?