Global warming err Climate change HOAX

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We aren't flying the masses on jets powered by anything but fossil or similar fuels anytime soon, so a new fuel that produces less emissions should be seen as a positive.

Last year, The New York Times reported that the expansion of the biofuels industry is causing a shortage of land for food crops in the poor regions of Asia, Africa and Latin America.
The European Commission proposed amending a policy on biofuels last year, due to concerns that first-generation biofuel production is pumping more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere than it saves through use as fuel

Because of land-use and production concerns, including the need for petrochemical fertilizers, biofuels create between 17 and 450 times more CO2 than fossil fuels when the crops are specifically grown for biofuel production (as opposed to waste biomass.)

Because of land-use and production concerns, including the need for petrochemical fertilizers, biofuels create between 17 and 450 times more CO2 than fossil fuels when the crops are specifically grown for biofuel production (as opposed to waste biomass.)

That's not good.

Full of crap. 1.4 Billion bird deaths from cats in NA on the low end?

That is 20 birds per cat per year. BEEEEEEEE ESSSSSSSSS. Many cats are fat lards who can barely catch a bowl of cat food.

Full of crap. 1.4 Billion bird deaths from cats in NA on the low end?

That is 20 birds per cat per year. BEEEEEEEE ESSSSSSSSS. Many cats are fat lards who can barely catch a bowl of cat food.

And considering cats sleep like 20 hours a day, each cat is basically catching a bird every 12 minutes.

My cat can't even catch her own tail in 12 minutes.

And considering cats sleep like 20 hours a day, each cat is basically catching a bird every 12 minutes.

And that is the low end estimate. It more than doubles on the high end.

Even if it had a shred of truth, those birds are the morons anyway. They can friggin FLY but they get caught by fat slob land dwellers? Like they weren't going to die anyway?

Not that the birds flying into windmills are all that smart, but at lest they ar flying high in the air minding their own business.

There are 90+ million owned cats in the US and another 70-80 million feral cats in the US so just the feral cats killing 20 a year could get you 1.4 billion - our cats have always be strictly indoor cats but our neighbors have two outdoor cats and they love to leave dead birds on their door stoop, probably in a form of homage.

There are 90+ million owned cats in the US and another 70-80 million feral cats in the US so just the feral cats killing 20 a year could get you 1.4 billion - our cats have always be strictly indoor cats but our neighbors have two outdoor cats and they love to leave dead birds on their door stoop, probably in a form of homage.

A quick search of Google finds several estimates of 200-400 billion as the number of birds on Earth. Your contention then becomes that roughly 1 percent of the entire world's population of birds is killed off by cats in the United States each year. I found nothing to estimate what percentage of the worlds birds live in the US but I'd think 5%is generous. This of course means that friggin cats kill 20% of US birds every year.

What is it that Tom called you again?

A quick search of Google finds several estimates of 200-400 billion as the number of birds on Earth. Your contention then becomes that roughly 1 percent of the entire world's population of birds is killed off by cats in the United States each year. I found nothing to estimate what percentage of the worlds birds live in the US but I'd think 5%is generous. This of course means that friggin cats kill 20% of US birds every year.

What is it that Tom called you again?

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2011/01/19/207357/angry-birds-13-7-million-are-dying-every-day/

Your commie link said:

as many as 20 billion may be in the country during the fall migratory season.

So friggin cats kill between 5 and 20% of them every year? Fat slob moron cats? And the scaredy cats? And you keep doubling down on this? If these stupid birds are dumb enough to get killed by these cats then they deserve it.

Frack This

About a year ago there was the usual fanfare about a new study that purported to show that hydraulic fracturing (“fracking”) for natural gas led to unsafe levels of local air pollution and increased cancer risk. Newsweek covered it, for example:

Living near to active fracking sites could increase the risk of cancer as the process harmful chemicals into the air, a new study has found.

Researchers from Oregon State University (OSU) and the University of Cincinnati found that hydraulic fracturing, commonly known as fracking, releases polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), which are linked to cancers and respiratory diseases.

The study found that moving just one mile away from active sites reduced the levels of the dangerous chemicals in the air by up to 30%.

Well guess what, mom? The study has been retracted. Not corrected or revised, but fully retracted because a “spreadsheet error” resulted in completely incorrect findings.

The good people at the indispensible Retraction Watch have the full story, along with a second study by the same authors about the Deepwater Horizon oil spill that has also been retracted because of errors:

More at the link: http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2016/07/frack-this.php

Edited by B-Man

DNC PLATFORM:

Global Warming Is Too Important To Wait For Democracy.

The final draft of the Democratic Party’s 2016 platform not only backs taxing greenhouse gas emissions, it also backs “using every tool available” to cut emissions even if it means circumventing Congress.

“Democrats believe that climate change is too important to wait for climate deniers and defeatists in Congress to start listening to science, and support using every tool available to reduce emissions now,” the draft platform reads, according to excerpts posted by Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders’ campaign.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/12/dem-platform-global-warming-is-too-important-to-wait-for-democracy/#ixzz4EDDqNpmV

Wait. Biofuel is the answer. I read it right here. Anyway it was cool here this morning, so I'm not buying the climate change crap. Then again, it got warmer this afternoon. Maybe I should reconsider becoming a believer. It's so hard to know what to do.