Which QB do you want Pegula to drill another well for in the offseason

YoloinOhio

For whom do you want Pegula to drill another well?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB who may be available in the offseason would you want the Bills to sign or trade for?

• Eli Manning (trade)
    • Jay Cutler (trade)
    • RG3 (trade)
    • Ryan Mallett (FA)
    • Brian Hoyer (FA)
    • Sam Bradford (trade or may be cut)
    • Tony Romo (trade)
    • I would rather stick with Orton/EJ and spend the money on upgrading the OL
    • Jake Locker (FA)
    • Other
    • Nick Foles (trade)
    • Colin Kaepernick (trade)
    • Cam Newton (trade)
    • Mark Sanchez (FA)

Let's say that you owned a company and someone you were looking to hire had the talent to do the job, but he didn't want to do the job. However, he is willing to go through the motions to collect his paycheck. Would you not only hire the guy, but make him the top paid employee?

Jay Cutler doesn't CARE about football! 99% of Chicago fans are done with him because they can see with their own eyes that he doesn't CARE about football. There is NO WAY the Bills bring that slacker into their locker room filled with players who have heart.

I agree, he would be last on my list. I've seen several Bears games this year (unfortunately) and Cutler does not look or act like he cares about football, at all. He throws a pick? no biggie, just sits there by himself...loses another game? no big deal. You can't bring players like him to your team. Horrible influence on a team.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, he would be last on my list. I've seen several Bears games this year (unfortunately) and Cutler does not look or act like he cares about football, at all. He throws a pick? no biggie, just sits there by himself...loses another game? no big deal. You can't bring players like him to your team. Horrible influence on a team.

Couldn't agree with you more in regard to Cutler's attitude, and his what seems to be apparent lack of care, lack of desire. Again, that's just my opinion from what I see from Cutler. However, with that said, I'd still say he's a hell of an upgrade over Kyle Orton. I don't care what he does in the next two games, I've really seen enough of him to know that he is NOT the answer at QB for the Buffalo Bills. In all honesty, have you ever seen Orton upset after throwing a pick? Have you ever even heard Orton at a presser say, "I" played poorly, "I" have to make some better throws..? It's always a team effort with him, I've never once heard him acknowledge playing a crappy game.

As much of a piss poor attitude that Cutler has, I'd take him in two shakes of a lamb's tail over Orton. I hate to say it but that's how tired I am of watching Orton. Heck, even if the coaching staff decided something as crazy as putting EJ in for the last two games, I'd have ZERO problems with that.

Heck, even if the coaching staff decided something as crazy as putting EJ in for the last two games, I'd have ZERO problems with that.

This attitude kills me. Perpetual pre season mode. We gotta got for this THIS YEAR !! There is no guarantee we'll be in this good of a position to make the playoffs next year. Every year there are teams that have high expectations going in as we will no doubt next year only to fall flat on their face. This years example would be Carolina or Chicago. A few years back the Bucs went 10-6 and missed the playoffs. High hopes. Nothing. It happens every year. You gotta go for it when you can.

To give up with 2 games left sounds and go with an experiment sounds like a loser mentality fostered by 14 years of no playoffs. I can sort of understand it, but I can't buy in.

Someone will be available that can do better than Orton. It might just be an incremental improvement, but better none the less. Even a guy as inaccurate, and who misses as many open receivers, but is just a bit more mobile, and able to run for the marker, would make a difference.

I have to wonder how the team feels about Orton at this point.

I think either Colt McCoy or Nick Foles would be just that much better, but there might be other guys too.

I think EJM is as likely to be better than Orton, as any of the others.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Derek Anderson.

Yea. I said it. More on him in a sec

These other QBs are a pipe dream and I just don't think I can stand the site of Cutler.

Did everyone hear Ray Lewis Dilfer and Young just lambaste Cutler in the post game last night? Doesn't put in the extra work. Doesn't lead. Doesn't despise losing. Cutler and Buffalo would be a disaster.

Back to Anderson. He's had a decent career. He's 31. And he's done fantastic with that crap O in Carolina.

I think of all the NFL backups or guys potentially available he is a little intriguing to me.

Keep in mind...since I know you think this is crazy. I think our D will be BETTER next year. I think a realistic target is Anderson and I think you let him compete with Orton and a rookie to draft. EJ Is in the mix too.

Edited by Big Blitz

QBs I would add to the team while keeping Orton & EJ and improving the OL:

Ryan Mallet, he's a FA and still moldable

Kirk Cousins, buy low, he could still develop as a QB

And if Coughlin is fired from the Giants, inquire about Ryan Nassib and see what his value is. If we're planning on bringing another Graham or Goodwin with our 3rd round pick, don't, send it to the Gianst for him.

We need an O-line strengthening more than anything else. This is a run first team with a great defense. None of the qb's mentioned are pro-bowl prospects. Orton is okay for next year and we can look to the draft after than for a qb.

And how many years will it take for even a great QB prospect (which would take a great stroke of luck to fall to the Bills in the middle of the pack) to be good enough to lead the team to a championship? Are you really counting on the defense being as great as it right now, 3 or 4 seasons from now?

Bad plan.

It's pretty much either develop EJM, or get a free agent that is (hopefully) a notch better than Orton.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I voted to stick with what we have and upgrade the OL because I don't think we can realistically hope for a FA QB much better than Orton. If we could land Brees, great, but it's not going to happen.

I think we should draft a project QB in the middle rounds next year. I think we should draft a QB every year until we find one we can believe in.

Hackett and others say that EJ has progressed a lot as Orton's understudy. Let's hope so. But let's not bet on it.

I vote for EJ/Kyle, and an improved O-line. The only other one that might be realistic, and I would consider would be Jay Cutler...but I am not even completely sold on that move. He would get eaten alive by Bills fans.

I just don't think the Bills should be chasing for QB's when good QB's are just not to be found...Manning, Cutler, Romo and Newton are the only guys on that list that I am pretty sure are an upgrade over what we have...and beside the fact that none of them are likely to be traded, or would come with a huge cost, I just don't see it...

Edited by Buftex

I voted to stick with what we have and upgrade the OL because I don't think we can realistically hope for a FA QB much better than Orton. If we could land Brees, great, but it's not going to happen.

I think we should draft a project QB in the middle rounds next year. I think we should draft a QB every year until we find one we can believe in.

Hackett and others say that EJ has progressed a lot as Orton's understudy. Let's hope so. But let's not bet on it.

I like this plan.

I don't think it would take some massive leap in development for EJM to surpass Orton's performance.

I expect EJM to be the starter next season, if not opening day, then after a few ineffective games from Orton, who I only expect more of the same from.