Trade for Manziel

Tu-Toned

Why would Cleveland trade away Manziel ? The people in Brownsville love this guy.

Won't be on the market until free agency 2017 unless he completely bombs before then.

Edited by HOUSE

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So....you think we should have EJ Manuel, Kyle Orton, Johnny Football, Sam Bradford, and a drafted QB?!

That seems a little excessive and expensive towards the cap and lacking even more drafts picks. Pretty much guaranteeing we have one draft pick in the first four rounds and we use that on a QB. Then cut 3 of those QBs after camp?

I do not agree with that approach.

Thanks to Fantasy Football, this is how today's Fan actually thinks. I do agree that making a play for Manziel might make some sense without giving away the farm. But gathering a half dozen or so QB's? Not so much. Also...what if Johnny starting playing bad? Then What? Being a coach in this league aint for sissies. Its easy to post nonsense...like I am right now. Real football though, a different deal.

Edited by jaybee

Or we could use them as a dual headed QB Monster. We are having so much

trouble finding our next franchise QB, lets's build one out of those two.

We will call him E Johnny Manuziel. Or let them compete and pray that

one emerges.

Package Spiller and our fourth for him. I am sure that Pettine would help an

old crony out.

Spiller and EJ and you have a deal

This is true desperation. Manziel has no respect for the game. He thinks he's above the game and touts himself as one of the best without having played a single down. Goes out and parties after being drafted in the first round. That's a damn joke in itself. Hell no, let Jerry Jones moronically trade his first for him. I'd sooner have Losman back with Edwards, Hobert, Johnson, Nall and Brohm as the OL

Edited by buffalo2218

Oh great, another call for a QB who has proven nothing. Can we combine the Manziel and Tebow threads into one big thread of stupidity?

Or we could use them as a dual headed QB Monster. We are having so much

trouble finding our next franchise QB, lets's build one out of those two.

We will call him E Johnny Manuziel. Or let them compete and pray that

one emerges.

Package Spiller and our fourth for him. I am sure that Pettine would help an

old crony out.

If I was GM I would trade all my picks next year..2016, 1-7 for Andrew Luck.

BTW, if first round picks were that important, wouldnt the Raiders, Bills, Browns, Jacksonville etc.....be in better shape? Especially since these teams have been picking top ten for more than a decade.

What im trying to say is....GO GET A GODDAMN QB!

Orton went from Smoking Cigars and ripping into reporters to MR. HAPPY FEET with no confidence in 1 month of action.

Edited by PO'14

trade for Maziel - please make it stop

If I was GM I would trade all my picks next year..2016, 1-7 for Andrew Luck.

BTW, if first round picks were that important, wouldnt the Raiders, Bills, Browns, Jacksonville etc.....be in better shape? Especially since these teams have been picking top ten for more than a decade.

What im trying to say is....GO GET A GODDAMN QB!

Orton went from Smoking Cigars and ripping into reporters to MR. HAPPY FEET with no confidence in 1 month of action.

good luck getting Indy to make that trade

Trading for Manziel is a great idea, at least we will have some excitement to watch somebody on this boring offense to make a big play. Pettine loves Hoyer so Manziel will be available.

Yes, this is great

One problem though, The Browns are not interested in trading Manziel

This is true desperation. Manziel has no respect for the game. He thinks he's above the game and touts himself as one of the best without having played a single down. Goes out and parties after being drafted in the first round. That's a damn joke in itself. Hell no, let Jerry Jones moronically trade his first for him. I'd sooner have Losman back with Edwards, Hobert, Johnson, Nall and Brohm as the OL

Wow "goes out and parties after being drafted in the first round" Truly unique and probably a felony in some states. the nerve of these kids.

Manziel was great in college. he used his speed and ellusiveness to succeed. In the NFL he is not the fastest guy out there, There are faster and better athletes on defense in the NFL. How has RG3 fared? The same will happen with Manziel. he will get beat up hard and will get hurt. Look at the best quarterbacks in the game. They can stand in the pocket and deliver. They may not all have great speed, but what they do have is the ability to move within the pocket . They can feel the pressure and avoid the sack. Manziel is not this type of quarterback. he also comes with questionable charachter. I would stay away from Manziel.

Oh great, another call for a QB who has proven nothing.

I agree. Let's trade for Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson, or maybe even Aaron Rogers, because NFL teams are always looking to trade away proven, top flight QB talent.

Why would Cleveland trade away Manziel ? The people in Brownsville love this guy.

Won't be on the market until free agency 2017 unless he completely bombs before then.

Agreed. No reason for the Browns to move on from Manziel anytime soon unless he is bombing or a ridiculous offer comes along. The Bills don't want him in the former case and can't afford the latter.

Maybe Pettine developed a fondness for EJ Manuel while he was in Buffalo. Perhaps we could trade Manwel for Manzell.

That is hilarious. Bills hot garbage = the 22nd overall pick from last year who has barely seen the field. In what universe does that happen? And what makes you think that Pettine is fond of EJ? Even if he likes him as a person what makes you think Pet think he's a good NFL QB? Certainly not his play on the field.

Incidentally, I've heard about how Manziel has been doing in Cleveland. Other than being very late to a team meeting early on there hasn't been anything negative. He has improved and is doing well overall in his development although he is way behind Hoyer in his presnap recognition, which Hoyer excels at. The coaches and front office are very happy with the success Hoyer is having and are giving him his due. Some wonder if Manziel can be even better than Hoyer (who has shown some inconsistiency), but they aren't pulling a successful QB out of the starting spot and disrupting the team chemistry. Hoyer is getting his shot and Johnny is in the wings for the foreseeable future.

Dynasty team normally consists of 3 key ingredients on Offense, a star RB, star WR, and most importantly, a star QB. The Buffalo Bills have been searching for that ever elusive franchise QB for over a decade. I realize Johnny football may not be everyones idea of a franchise QB, but ask yourself this, If you block out the name Manziel, replace it with a potential franchise young QB prospect of your choice does the trade make sense.

None of us can predict the future from a player perspective, but from a team perspective without a franchise QB the Buffalo Bills are a good example of how an NFL football team performs without an above average QB leading the team. Average to sub par QB play gets you average to sub par results.

Buffalo has the star WR in Sammy Watkins, and it would be to the Bills best interest not to waste time finding the franchise QB to go with him as soon as possible. Once the Browns play Manziel the chance to trade for him may slip away, just as easily as JF slipped away from would be tacklers at the collegiate level.

Browns HC, the Defensive minded Mike Pettine's knees would buckle at the thought of having the Legendary Alonso play for him on Defense in Cleveland IMO. A legend for a legend...

...what if...

Edited by Donald Duck

Agreed. No reason for the Browns to move on from Manziel anytime soon unless he is bombing or a ridiculous offer comes along. The Bills don't want him in the former case and can't afford the latter.

That is hilarious. Bills hot garbage = the 22nd overall pick from last year who has barely seen the field. In what universe does that happen? And what makes you think that Pettine is fond of EJ? Even if he likes him as a person what makes you think Pet think he's a good NFL QB? Certainly not his play on the field.

Incidentally, I've heard about how Manziel has been doing in Cleveland. Other than being very late to a team meeting early on there hasn't been anything negative. He has improved and is doing well overall in his development although he is way behind Hoyer in his presnap recognition, which Hoyer excels at. The coaches and front office are very happy with the success Hoyer is having and are giving him his due. Some wonder if Manziel can be even better than Hoyer (who has shown some inconsistiency), but they aren't pulling a successful QB out of the starting spot and disrupting the team chemistry. Hoyer is getting his shot and Johnny is in the wings for the foreseeable future.

You're a !@#$ing..... uhhhh... :wallbash: :wallbash: ...... You're a very intelligent and erudite poster and we're all very lucky to have you here.