Trade for Manziel

Tu-Toned

Or we could use them as a dual headed QB Monster. We are having so much

trouble finding our next franchise QB, lets's build one out of those two.

We will call him E Johnny Manuziel. Or let them compete and pray that

one emerges.

Package Spiller and our fourth for him. I am sure that Pettine would help an

old crony out.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trade for him yes. I'm sure there is someone on our roster Petrine fancies. Package it with our third or even second if you have to.

Preferably keep our 2nd and draft a qb with that pick too.

Then Sign a vet like Bradford.

Go into camp with 5 or 6 QBs.

Enough beating around the bush. We need a qb. That should be the only thing this team thinks about from now until that mission is accomplished.

Trade for him yes. I'm sure there is someone on our roster Petrine fancies. Package it with our third or even second if you have to.

Enough beating around the bush. We need a qb. That should be the only thing this team thinks about from now until that mission is accomplished.

agreed. QB needed. I like your plan.

one emerges.

old crony out.

Thats interesting. Like the idea...like the post. eusa_clap.gif

Desperation has set in. I think the only answer is to have EJ and Kyle both get 1st team reps until Wednesday. Let the best man play. If EJ wants to "let loose", let him loose. Because letting KO lose is not a better option.

Our starting QB next year will either be a) Orton, b) Manuel, c) a FA/trade acquisition or d) our 2nd round pick. I'm starting to think a and b are not happening. I would very much be interested in c. Whether it be Bradford, Cutler or maybe even a young guy like Manziel. It's not that crazy. Our defense is too good to waste on another season like this. And lest anyone flame away at the prospect of Manziel, you better not be the same guys telling me that 14 games was not enough to make a judgment on Manuel.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

one emerges.

old crony out.

Unlike most "Let's trade X for Y" threads, this is not a crazy idea. However, I think you are underestimating what it would take to get Manziel. Despite Hoyer's success this year, I think it will take quite a bit to dislodge Manziel from Cleveland, like perhaps a second plus Spiller. Teams just don't give away former first round picks when said players have not even had a chance to play yet. I would be shocked if Cleveland trades Manziel before the end of next year, although I suppose it's possible if he works overtime to wear out his welcome there.

Unlike most "Let's trade X for Y" threads, this is not a crazy idea. However, I think you are underestimating what it would take to get Manziel. Despite Hoyer's success this year, I think it will take quite a bit to dislodge Manziel from Cleveland, like perhaps a second plus Spiller. Teams just don't give away former first round picks when said players have not even had a chance to play yet. I would be shocked if Cleveland trades Manziel before the end of next year, although I suppose it's possible if he works overtime to wear out his welcome there.

I hate it when smart people ruin a good idea with sound logic !!! All very fair points, MannC. Thanks.

So....you think we should have EJ Manuel, Kyle Orton, Johnny Football, Sam Bradford, and a drafted QB?!

That seems a little excessive and expensive towards the cap and lacking even more drafts picks. Pretty much guaranteeing we have one draft pick in the first four rounds and we use that on a QB. Then cut 3 of those QBs after camp?

I do not agree with that approach.