Who do you WANT as the Bills coach in 2015?

Kirby Jackson

Bills Head Coach 2015  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the Bills Head Coach in 2015? (if you select other please indicate your choice in the comments)

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We do.

I get that every game that Alabama plays is an event almost equal to a super bowl event with all the crazy fans. Granted Saban is 62, and is on course to become the greatest crimson tide coach ever, and his current roster is loaded for the future. My take is men like him are driven more by the big prize then just by money. He has already won four BCS championships, and no Super bowls.

And there is your biggest misconception.

A Championships is just the goal. But that's not what drives him.

Saban is driven by the "process" and the constant refinement of it. Literally.

He's methodical, relentless, and constantly looking for ways to improve.

He's like a frigging machine.

At the end of the year, if the team wins a championship, it's great for the players and the fans.

If the team fails to win a championship, it sucks for the players and the fans.

Either way, for him, it's back to step 1 of the "process".

Sometimes guys like him feel the need to scratch that itch they can't get to, and that itch being the Vince Lombardi trophy that says you, and your team is the best in the world at the professional level. Its going to an interesting off season as Atlanta owner Arthur Blank is said to be trying to get Saban to make a move, and so is good friend Atlanta GM Thomas Dimitroff.

It will not matter. He will not move. He's already hinted that NFL teams have come poking around before, and he's told them no.

No matter what Blank and Dimitroff can offer him, they cannot offer him the one thing he has at the college level: full control.

At the college level, he does not have to worry about contracts, free agency, draft position, and players egos.

Even if Harbaugh is the sort of guy that wears out his welcome after a couple years, it's a deal I would definitely be willing to make. Considering what he did in San Francisco, he would fit our situation perfectly. He took a team with a questionable quarterback situation and talented defense turning them into winners. Plus this team seems to be in need of discipline as well. Although Marrone seems to believe he fits that bill, I really don't see it. I would love to see a coach like Harbaugh react to Lee Smith coming in for three plays a game, and getting penalized on each. Oh wait, maybe players like that wouldn't even be on the roster anymore.

I voted for Rex Ryan but he needs to come with a great Oc perhaps Marc Trestman if he becomes available. Plus Rex can bring that great ST coach they have with the Jets, Westoff. That would be a great coaching staff

Ryan with Trestman Definitely get the Bills back to the playoffs.

My 2nd favorite combo would be Malzone with Schwartz

Least favorite is Bowles, I'm not drinking that kool-aid

what difference does it make? 6 months into the job, people will say stupid things about the character of that person if he doesn't hump the opposition right away. And if he starts fast they will say it won't last.

To much cynicism among the fanbase.

so you voted for marrone too ?

or just did not bother to vote.

it is just for fun i thought :cry:

I voted for Rex Ryan but he needs to come with a great Oc perhaps Marc Trestman if he becomes available. Plus Rex can bring that great ST coach they have with the Jets, Westoff. That would be a great coaching staff

Ryan with Trestman Definitely get the Bills back to the playoffs.

My 2nd favorite combo would be Malzone with Schwartz

Least favorite is Bowles, I'm not drinking that kool-aid

Some people are just meant to be great assistant coaches, and I firmly believe Rex Ryan fits that mold. Exactly what would he do here in Buffalo that he couldn't have done with the Jets?

I'd rather give Jim Schwartz a second chance as a HC, and hire Rex as DC. As for OC I'd rather not hire Trestman who always wants to pass, and ignores the run far to often. I'd go for someone like LSU's OC Cam Cameron to run the offense. The man would build a very powerful run game in Buffalo, and he is the OC who tutored Joe Flacco. That is if the team couldn't land Harbaugh or Cowher.

I'd go for someone like LSU's OC Cam Cameron to run the offense. The man would build a very powerful run game in Buffalo, and he is the OC who tutored Joe Flacco. That is if the team couldn't land Harbaugh or Cowher.

My memory may be failing me here, but wasn't he sacked suring the Ravens Superbowl season precisely because Harbaugh thought he was getting away from Ray Rice too much?

Edited by GunnerBill

Trestman is a bona fide stud OC, he would know how to use our weapons perfectly. We sign back Spiller and use him in the mold of Charlie Garner & Forte. Those are 2 bks that Trestman used to perfection. Cj has similar skill sets as those 2 bks and would most likely welcome the opportunity to be coached by Trestman. Forget bout signing him bk with the coaching staff we have in place now.

I believe the Bills need to try and build a super staff of coaches. If we hire Holmgren as our consultant. I think he would look at this team and start to drool over the prospects of coaching them. The Walrus has been out of coaching for a couple of yrs and I think he would be energized and ready too return . He would be perfect for this team and has the respect of his peers to form a super staff. I think he would definitely keep our defensive staff in place with Schwartz and Henderson . The Walrus has a connection with Trestman from there 49er days with both having been schooled in the west coast offense. To me this is very possible and realistic & with Pegs running the show money shouldn't be an issue.

Head Coach - Mike Holmgren ( The Walrus )

OC - Marc Trestman

DC- Jim Schwartz.

I would welcome a staff like this any day, One Thing is for sure with this staff the Bills will be ready every week and there 2nd half adjustments will be top notch.

Holmgren is also part of the good ole boy network and he would definitely have respect of the refs moving forward. We need a coach that has those type of connections. I watch alot of football and always see the old school coaches like Belicheck chatting up the refs during the gms. Some of u guys will disagree with me about the refs favoring different head coaches but I think this is very real. Mike Holmgren definitely fits the profile.

The Walrus also has a way of developing QB´s and has the track record to prove it. The Bills will be very lucky to pull of this type of hire and we would finally be primed for a true playoff push.

Holmgren is also part of the good ole boy network and he would definitely have respect of the refs moving forward. We need a coach that has those type of connections. I watch alot of football and always see the old school coaches like Belicheck chatting up the refs during the gms. Some of u guys will disagree with me about the refs favoring different head coaches but I think this is very real. Mike Holmgren definitely fits the profile.

The Walrus also has a way of developing QB´s and has the track record to prove it. The Bills will be very lucky to pull of this type of hire and we would finally be primed for a true playoff push.

I would support a Walrus hire whole heartedly. And one of the reasons is he has a lot of connections and people would want to work for him due to his past success and relationships. If you hire the next up and comer as some on TBD wish to do, then that up and comer isn't going to get the quality NFL coaches, he will also have to find the next up and comers. The possibility of failure increases. See Coach Marrone hiring next up and comer Hackett Jr. as an example.

As far as getting good calls from the refs I'm not so sure on this one. Is SB XL he didn't get the calls, Cowher did.

With Holmgren, we could look forward to lots of punts on 4th and short, lots of 18-yard field goals, and running backs drafted with premium picks.

Every coach punts on 4th & short, the problem with our coaching staff now is they don't have the wherewithal to know when u need to go for it. I'm not sure u really have grasp for what the Walrus is as a head coach I think u got him mixed up with the Stache or maybe Juaron. Holmgren has never been know as conservative. He has coached on some of the most explosive offenses in NFL history. I also think it's unfair of people to judge him purely on his time in Cleveland. I'm not asking for Holmgren to be a gm, that's not what he is. He's a great head coach one of the best in the last 25yrs. He rebuilt the Seahawks when they were garbage took a bkup QB like Hasselbeck and turned him into a pro bowler.

The biggest problem with the Bills since the end of the 90's was the lack of developing & having that eye for talent. We have a good gm in place now with Whaley now we need the development of these players to be fixed and a guy like Holmgren with an excellent coaching staff will put us in that direction. We have a Whale now we need the Walrus!

Hey Kirby.

"Yes," Cowher told Newsday, via Pro Football Talk, when asked if he plans to coach again at some point.

"I did it for 27 years. You don't just forget things overnight," Cowher said. "One thing about this job is it's been really good, because it allows me to study the game and do features on the game. I want to know what I'm talking about, so I'm watching tape. It's not like I'm out of it. I know how the game is changing."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/01/08/bill-cowher-interested-in-nfl-coaching-return/1819343/

:D

Hey Kirby.

"Yes," Cowher told Newsday, via Pro Football Talk, when asked if he plans to coach again at some point.

"I did it for 27 years. You don't just forget things overnight," Cowher said. "One thing about this job is it's been really good, because it allows me to study the game and do features on the game. I want to know what I'm talking about, so I'm watching tape. It's not like I'm out of it. I know how the game is changing."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/01/08/bill-cowher-interested-in-nfl-coaching-return/1819343/

:D

Oh FTL, I was hoping that you wouldn't do that!! You quoted 2 articles from January of 2013 and then here are his thoughts in January of 2014: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/03/bill-cowher-its-highly-unlikely-ill-take-a-coaching-job/