Who do you WANT as the Bills coach in 2015?

Kirby Jackson

Bills Head Coach 2015  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the Bills Head Coach in 2015? (if you select other please indicate your choice in the comments)

It's going to be Marrone. There is no other option. Moreover, this "outside consultant" that Terry Pegula is going to hire is the stupidest thing I ever heard of. Who is this "outside consultant"? Bill Parcells? Jimmy Johnson? Marv Levy? Bruce Smith?

Try Ernie Arcosi and it aint stupid!!

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm down for another year of St. Doug. I've always maintained that he should be given a full three seasons based on the state of the roster when he took over the team. 7 wins this year with 4 games to play is a step forward. It's not the playoff birth many hoped/expected (yet) at the start of the season, but no one expected the AFC to be so competitive either.

Whaley and St. Doug need to sit down and have a come to Jeebus meeting where they get on the same page. It's clear to me that Whaley built this team with a different idea in mind than what St. Doug had. It's clear from the game day inactive lists and suspect offensive groupings that these two have some differences they need to figure out. Hackett answers to St. Doug, it's his offense and Nate is his protege -- meaning I don't think Hackett goes in the off season unless Doug does. And frankly, I don't think turning over the staff (again) is the way to build a new mentality and culture within the organization. I think it's a step back -- even if Hackett stays.

I think that way because we forget how young Hackett actually is. I don't like the way he's deploying the offense most times, but even I have to admit he's called some very good games this year -- with two very different QBs starting under center. I don't want to make excuses for Hackett because this is a Big Boy league, but I do think that he has the potential to grow into the role. It's going to take Hackett doing some self reflection in the off season and, most importantly, getting on the same page with the front office personnel wise, but it's possible.

That's my take at least.

Hackett & Marrone are doing less with more then Jauron & his newbie OC's did at 7-9 year after year. Neither Jauron or Gailey had a QB as good as Kyle Orton or a WR's as good as Robert Woods, Sammy Watkins.

The failing of both last years, and this years team has been exclusively the offensive line. Should the Bills have adequately replaced LG Andy Levitre with someone at least decent the Bills would be fielding a much better offense. If they had managed to find a top OG for the LG position, and simply kept Urbik at RG they would have an impact-ful run, passing game. Thus giving the QB a much better chance to step up in the pocket to complete passes, and much more time to complete the deep throws. Orton was on a pace to get killed with 13 sacks after 4 games. 21 times after 7 games now.

Last year the Bills were #2 in the NFL in rushing, and #1 in rushing attempts, and were still near last in time of possession, and 3rd down efficiency mostly because they could make a first down by rushing. This season they haven't even been trying to establish a strong run game since week three against the Chargers. Thus opting to force the QB to carry games all by himself.

That clearly didn't work with EJ because he doesn't have the experience of a veteran QB to read defenses, set the line protections, change the play into something that has a chance to work. Orton has been doing all of that. But alas no QB can do it all on his own, as he needs some help with proper game plans, and schemes other then just throw 40+ times a game. Which in itself is the formula for losing games, and not winning.

Understand that this head coach has all his background on the offensive side of the football. Ex NFL O line Player, EX NFL O line coach, EX NFL OC.

Currently the Bills are 24th in total offense. 30th in first down conversions. 23rd in third down conversions. Even with a veteran QB running the offense they are still 25th in 3 downs and out efficiency, and still 30th in red zone scoring of TD's.

Now, all that said. What happens if Jim Schwartz is offered a head coaching job, and the Bills lose their championship defensive coordinator. I dunno about you but I'd rather see Schwartz promoted then leave and be stuck with another year Maroon and Can't Hackett.

Hackett & Marrone are doing less with more then Jauron & his newbie OC's did at 7-9 year after year. Neither Jauron or Gailey had a QB as good as Kyle Orton or a WR's as good as Robert Woods, Sammy Watkins.

The failing of both last years, and this years team has been exclusively the offensive line. Should the Bills have adequately replaced LG Andy Levitre with someone at least decent the Bills would be fielding a much better offense. If they had managed to find a top OG for the LG position, and simply kept Urbik at RG they would have an impact-ful run, passing game. Thus giving the QB a much better chance to step up in the pocket to complete passes, and much more time to complete the deep throws. Orton was on a pace to get killed with 13 sacks after 4 games. 21 times after 7 games now.

Last year the Bills were #2 in the NFL in rushing, and #1 in rushing attempts, and were still near last in time of possession, and 3rd down efficiency mostly because they could make a first down by rushing. This season they haven't even been trying to establish a strong run game since week three against the Chargers. Thus opting to force the QB to carry games all by himself.

That clearly didn't work with EJ because he doesn't have the experience of a veteran QB to read defenses, set the line protections, change the play into something that has a chance to work. Orton has been doing all of that. But alas no QB can do it all on his own, as he needs some help with proper game plans, and schemes other then just throw 40+ times a game. Which in itself is the formula for losing games, and not winning.

Understand that this head coach has all his background on the offensive side of the football. Ex NFL O line Player, EX NFL O line coach, EX NFL OC.

Currently the Bills are 24th in total offense. 30th in first down conversions. 23rd in third down conversions. Even with a veteran QB running the offense they are still 25th in 3 downs and out efficiency, and still 30th in red zone scoring of TD's.

Now, all that said. What happens if Jim Schwartz is offered a head coaching job, and the Bills lose their championship defensive coordinator. I dunno about you but I'd rather see Schwartz promoted then leave and be stuck with another year Maroon and Can't Hackett.

You're preaching to the choir with most of this. I've been complaining about the O-Line, in particular he-who-shall-not-be-named, and have been as frustrated as anyone with the baffling philosophy behind this year's approach.

I can only counter with they're 7-5 currently, with a good chance to get at least 9 wins, if not 10. If they top out at 7, then I will rethink my position. In terms of Schwartz, I think the next DC is already here -- Pepper Johnson. And I'd be okay with him so long as they retain Hughes and keep the talent here.

I voted Marrone, but with an asterics. I want Hackett and Pat Morris gone

If Marrone is smart enough to replace the two coaches that are dragging down his time here, I'd rather keep Marrone.

Hire an NFL level OC, and a better Oline coach and move on with the plan.