Thursday decides whether or not this is "same old Bills"...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, Thursday will decide if " it's the same ol Bills fans"

A loss will NOT mean the end of the season. It won't look good.........but it still not the end.

Some of you guys need " Medical Marijuana after a loss " :w00t:

I need medical scotch.

Realistically, the Bills season ended on Sunday. They are in 10th place in their conference with a 2-4 conference record. They have lost to KC and San Diego and the Pats. All the teams ahead of them have better conference records, in most cases MUCH better conference records. They are not going to be able to climb past those teams They have a mathematical chance of making the playoffs but there is no way in hell this team wins the six out of seven, including a win over the Pats, that they will need to win to even have a fighting chance, and even then it will take a huge number of breaks--other teams losing crucial games--for the Bills to see the playoffs.

I expect them to lose to Miami, maybe a blowout but knowing the Bills probably a heartbreaker on crucial mistakes and bad penalties, and that will be it. This team is completely incapable of winning a crucial game when they have to, let along putting together an uphill winning streak. They make me wan to puke.

I need medical scotch.

Realistically, the Bills season ended on Sunday. They are in 10th place in their conference with a 2-4 conference record. They have lost to KC and San Diego and the Pats. All the teams ahead of them have better conference records, in most cases MUCH better conference records. They are not going to be able to climb past those teams They have a mathematical chance of making the playoffs but there is no way in hell this team wins the six out of seven, including a win over the Pats, that they will need to win to even have a fighting chance, and even then it will take a huge number of breaks--other teams losing crucial games--for the Bills to see the playoffs.

I expect them to lose to Miami, maybe a blowout but knowing the Bills probably a heartbreaker on crucial mistakes and bad penalties, and that will be it. This team is completely incapable of winning a crucial game when they have to, let along putting together an uphill winning streak. They make me wan to puke.

Ah man, this is depressing.....I think we win this game :thumbsup:

I was wondering like eight years ago how long it would take before the 2000 Ravens point stopped getting made because of how obviously ridiculous it is. I would've bet the under on 2014 and incredibly, would've lost.

Hey better yet lets strive to be mediocre on both sides of the ball and pray that our QB plays out of his skull for a month; that worked for the 2012 Ravens.

Kansas City decided it.

Same old, same old..

Maybe decided this seasons hopes for the playoffs But not the hopes for the team in general .

Still working the learning curve these coaches and players are !

If they get blown out by the Dolphins though,.I will submit my Rah Rah card for the year to be burned, as is the ritual for us all. Pour out the kegger of koolaid and remove my Traditional game day underwear.

But i wont stop hoping for next year !

I need medical scotch.

sorry doc, but they still have a good chance if they win the next 3. KC and SD have very tough schedules and it's not a stretch for both to end 9-7. The north will be a mess by the end of the season (kind of like season 3 in game of thrones), and IF the Bills can get to 10-6 then they will be in.

It starts Thursday.

Now, if they win the next 2, then lose to the Browns, "I will be so done with this team!"

The 2000 Ravens didn't go into a prevent defense with a 10 point lead and a quarter to play. Schwartz did. Poor situational football awareness by a staff that was trying to win a Sunday and a Thursday game at the same time.

Do you know what a Prevent Defense is?

They were in the opposite of Prevent Defense.

They had the line of scrimmage stacked against the run.

That's why when Charles broke out there was no one behind the Front.

sorry doc, but they still have a good chance if they win the next 3. KC and SD have very tough schedules and it's not a stretch for both to end 9-7. The north will be a mess by the end of the season (kind of like season 3 in game of thrones), and IF the Bills can get to 10-6 then they will be in.

It starts Thursday.

Now, if they win the next 2, then lose to the Browns, "I will be so done with this team!"

Sorry TPS, this year the 6th seed is going to be 11-5. If it is 10-6 the Bills lost the head to heads against the other 10-6 teams.

Forget the playoffs.

I'm just going they win 4 more and finish with their first winning season in a decade.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Do you know what a Prevent Defense is?

They were in the opposite of Prevent Defense.

They had the line of scrimmage stacked against the run.

That's why when Charles broke out there was no one behind the Front.

Sorry TPS, this year the 6th seed is going to be 11-5. If it is 10-6 the Bills lost the head to heads against the other 10-6 teams.

Forget the playoffs.

I'm just going they win 4 more and finish with their first winning season in a decade.

take a look at schedules and tell me who you think will be 10-6 let alone 11-5 and not a division winner? KC has Seattle, Denver, and SD @home and They are @pit and @AZ. Do you think they'll win 3 of those 5? Before ending @KC, SD has Denver and the pats @home and @SF. The north is a clusterfek.

There is always hope...

take a look at schedules and tell me who you think will be 10-6 let alone 11-5 and not a division winner? KC has Seattle, Denver, and SD @home and They are @pit and @AZ. Do you think they'll win 3 of those 5? Before ending @KC, SD has Denver and the pats @home and @SF. The north is a clusterfek.

There is always hope...

The only thing thats a clusterfek is the Bill's offense. I think they lay an egg in miami and then we can all go back to suicide watch until the draft.

Thursday's game is one that will determine if the Bills will be playing meaningful games in December or going for 8-8 at best. KC was a tough loss but the next two games are very winable. Win the next two and see what happens down the stretch. Lose either of the next two games and its hard to see the team doing anything meaningful. Really could have used a win against KC.

This game doesn't tell us if it's the same old Bills unless they lose. I can easily see a same old Bills scenario where they win the next two, give us all some hope sitting at 7-4 and then jump to a double digit lead vs. the Browns only to choke it away. Of course they'd go on to tank the last quarter of the season to finish 7-9 or 8-8. Bills' fans will somehow be pleased that they're listed as "in the hunt" when potential playoff teams are listed with a few weeks to go.

Thursday's game is one that will determine if the Bills will be playing meaningful games in December or going for 8-8 at best. KC was a tough loss but the next two games are very winable. Win the next two and see what happens down the stretch. Lose either of the next two games and its hard to see the team doing anything meaningful. Really could have used a win against KC.

To have any shot at the playoffs they pretty much have to win the next three. Anything less and I just don't see it given the ending schedule.

Starting on Sunday the fate of the Bills this season was going to be decided in the next 5 days. Get to 7-3 and they'd be in good shape, split and get to 6-4 they're still alive, lose both and end up at 5-5 and they're still mathematically alive but more or less finished for all practical purposes.

Now we're at day 4 with a game tomorrow at Miami and a loss to KC on Sunday. The team sits at 5-4. To get to 10 wins and possibly qualify for the playoffs they need 5 wins - Miami, NY Jets, Cleveland, Oakland, and now with the KC loss one victory against either Denver, Green Bay, or New England. Which of those does anyone expect to win at this point to get to 10 wins?

Losing to KC really messed up the math and a big problem with this team is not winning their home games.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

Starting on Sunday the fate of the Bills this season was going to be decided in the next 5 days. Get to 7-3 and they'd be in good shape, split and get to 6-4 they're still alive, lose both and end up at 5-5 and they're still mathematically alive but more or less finished for all practical purposes.

Now we're at day 4 with a game tomorrow at Miami and a loss to KC on Sunday. The team sits at 5-4. To get to 10 wins and possibly qualify for the playoffs they need 5 wins - Miami, NY Jets, Cleveland, Oakland, and now with the KC loss one victory against either Denver, Green Bay, or New England. Which of those does anyone expect to win at this point to get to 10 wins?

Losing to KC really messed up the math and a big problem with this team is not winning their home games.

GB is a very winnable game. Buffalo and Detroit are very similar teams defensively, and the pack struggle against the lions. They are not the same team on the road.

My optimism may come crashing down after tomorrow, but the bills are a very talented team, and IF they can manage to win the next 3 and boost their confidence, they will have a good shot at 10 wins.