best game of year for oline

Pete

Orton had much time most of day and they opened holes for our 3rd and 4th string running backs. That is one great positive from a brutal loss

I was thinking along the same lines. The offensive line looked like they played much better. If they keep going in this direction, the offense will start looking a lot better.

I would agree, and that's why it was so frustrating: 2nd and 1 at your own 3, and we do two passes that weren't even close, and settle for a field goal.

Again, Hackett's play calling is a riddle wrapped up in an enigma . . . I think his game planning and scheming are strong, but in the heat of a game, when snap decision have to be made, he loses it.

Even the four passes to the end zone on the last drive … really???

too bad this post is drowning in the wake of everything that went wrong yesterday, but thanks for pointing out a true positive - although, and its only because i was constantly looking for Cujo at RG, there were still too many instances of Pears looking like a lost kid at Walmart

They played great against the Chiefs last year too, all the way up to the Tuel pick six, and the TJ Graham fumble for a KC TD.

Last year the Bills ran the ball at will with 38 rushes for 241 yards, and were killing the Chiefs all the way up until that Tuel pick six...

Last year the Bills D only gave up 3 FG's, and the Chiefs won with 2 turnovers for TD's.

Whats crazy is the Bills only scored 13 points on offense against the Chiefs last year too.

From my view at the game, it looked like Orton was under pressure as usual, and he was just better at getting rid of the ball and avoiding sacks. There were a handful of plays where KC had it covered, the pressure was on, and Orton had to just throw it at the receivers feet to avoid a pick and/or sack. Smart plays by the QB that helped make our OLine look good, but cant say I saw an improved OL out there. KC's defense/rush is pretty good though too.

Gotta say keep these ones on the field more often. For once the line wasn't an issue, felt good until Brown fumbled the rock at the goalline. Brown has potential people, get ready for the "Brown Boobie" tandem. Can't wait to have fish odor all over the field from smashing Boobie, my kinda party. Thursday NOW please.

And this is another knock against Marrone/ Hackett. The oline has looked much better with Urbik. Why wasn't he playing from the beginning of the year? And in a game where you're going against the #1 pass defense in the NFL and averaging 5 ypc, why do you have Orton throw 48 times?

This offensive coaching staff is Wanny-like. Gailey calling the offense with this defense has this team challenging for the divison and in the playoffs.

From my view at the game, it looked like Orton was under pressure as usual, and he was just better at getting rid of the ball and avoiding sacks. There were a handful of plays where KC had it covered, the pressure was on, and Orton had to just throw it at the receivers feet to avoid a pick and/or sack. Smart plays by the QB that helped make our OLine look good, but cant say I saw an improved OL out there. KC's defense/rush is pretty good though too.

This is what I saw, too. Even though there was only one sack, Orton was feeling the pressure all day. In fact, I'd go so far as to say the poor Oline play has made Orton a bit jittery, to the point where he made several poor throws when he probably didn't have to. He probably just thought he didn't have any time left and had to get rid of it -- when he may have actually had more time to throw.