When do the phantom calls against us stop??

Big Turk

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All that video shows is how pathetic a call it was. The guy jumped because of the snap count. Our left guard moved a bit too. These are human beings who breathe and stuff. They are not statues.

That movement was done on purpose, twice. Marrone tried to get the offsides, nothing wrong with that. He just got caught is all.

What I don't get is that a guard is allowed to tap the center on the leg when to snap the ball during silent counts. So it's okay to move your arms without getting flagged? but have a slight twitch in your leg and it's a penalty. Makes no sense.

A lot of rules in the NFL are like that for me. I think in this case the guard doesn't get into the 3 point stance until after he taps the center maybe? Not sure. But there are enough rule experts here I'm sure you will get a good answer.

That movement was done on purpose, twice. Marrone tried to get the offsides, nothing wrong with that. He just got caught is all.

Wait. Are you saying that Henderson moved on purpose? That would be insane. The snap count was intended to draw the guy offside. I cannot fathom coaching a guy to twitch and risk the penalty being called.

Wait. Are you saying that Henderson moved on purpose? That would be insane. The snap count was intended to draw the guy offside. I cannot fathom coaching a guy to twitch and risk the penalty being called.

Yes, he is saying that, and I suspect he's right. Why not try it, after all? It has worked before for other teams (I've seen it), and there was absolutely no chance the Bills weren't punting there if they didn't draw them off. Those were really slight but visible movements - one on each side, in sequence. The first time it didn't work, but the second time it did. It also appeared that Henderson was in full control of his body and was doing it to get the guy to jump without seeming like he was moving to the refs. Doing it twice while in control of his body is the giveaway. Assuming this is right (and I think it is), I applaud the attempt even though it failed.

Yes, he is saying that, and I suspect he's right. Why not try it, after all? It has worked before for other teams (I've seen it), and there was absolutely no chance the Bills weren't punting there if they didn't draw them off. Those were really slight but visible movements - one on each side, in sequence. The first time it didn't work, but the second time it did. It also appeared that Henderson was in full control of his body and was doing it to get the guy to jump without seeming like he was moving to the refs. Doing it twice while in control of his body is the giveaway. Assuming this is right (and I think it is), I applaud the attempt even though it failed.

Exactly. The only problem with it, is that they got caught.

The Bills didn't lose because of that call. In fact, at this point I done even care about the call itself.

What is preposterous is to actually look at that play and conclude Henderson committed a penalty. Read the rule, watch a game, stand still for more than 4 seconds. Nothing Henderson did remotely approached an infraction. After watching it about 25 times, I finally could see that his leg moved about a quarter of an inch at a very slow pace. That's not an infraction. If it is, according to you, then there is a false start on every play.

Again, the rule doesn't state that a player has to freeze and can't move a muscle. Read it.

It was 100 percent a penalty. Look at the second movement on the far side of his body (the left thigh and shoulder). Very obvious.

All that video shows is how pathetic a call it was. The guy jumped because of the snap count. Our left guard moved a bit too. These are human beings who breathe and stuff. They are not statues.

You keep saying this but it is not true.

On the vine video you can clearly see Henderson's left (inside) shoulder twitch. instantly the Chief jumps and points at Henderson. At first I thought there was no way that the defender saw Henderson's twitch, but I only saw his leg move. two different times. He actually moved three times, but the shoulder twitch caused the defender to jump that was right inside of him.

Dave Mcbride was correct.

Ask yourselves this question: If this team is named the New England Patriots, is there a false start, push off or late hit called? NO! And its getting really old. Its hard enough to beat an NFL team every wee, but beating the refs AND the opposing team is VERY difficult. We dont get our hand held up and down the field like that shady ass team from Foxborough...

You keep saying this but it is not true.

On the vine video you can clearly see Henderson's left (inside) shoulder twitch. instantly the Chief jumps and points at Henderson. At first I thought there was no way that the defender saw Henderson's twitch, but I only saw his leg move. two different times. He actually moved three times, but the shoulder twitch caused the defender to jump that was right inside of him.

Dave Mcbride was correct.

OY VEY! Here's the rule...how is a "faint, twitch" addressed in the rule.

No player of offensive team may charge or move abruptly, after assuming set position, in such manner as to lead defense to believe snap has started.

No interior lineman may move abruptly after taking or simulating a three-point stance.

No player of offensive team may charge or move abruptly, after assuming set position, in such manner as to lead defense to believe snap has started.

No interior lineman may move abruptly after taking or simulating a three-point stance.

abrupt

a : characterized by or involving action or change without preparation or warning : unexpected

abrupt

adjective

1. sudden or unexpected:

Synonyms

1, 3. quick, sharp. See sudden. 2. short, hurried, hasty, blunt. 4. discontinuous, broken, uneven.

Let me guess, are you now going to try say Henderson's twitch(es) was(were) slow?

That's why the KC guy who jumped and about 2 other teammates pointed right at Henderson. Henderson must have been shouting the snap count.

Edited by Cynical

I posted this yesterday. Try to keep up.

Anyway, the rule is nicely explained. Yet you still can't comprehend it.

in a spot like that where field position matters little and a penalty on KC would be huge - a little gamesmanship isnt terrible. hell, they might have planned on taking a delay of game instead of running a play or burning a time out.