Am I a horrible human being?

So my wife sends me an email from work today that basically says "I'm going to a conference in Vegas, flying out Saturday January 10th. Would you want to see if my parents can come watch the kids so that you can come out too?" and my first thought was "What if the Bills are in the playoffs?"

I am horrible, aren't I?

Short answer "Yes" ... :flirt:

Tell her is sounds like fun but you want to wait to answer on Thursday ... in the Bills lose either you should be fine to go.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So my wife sends me an email from work today that basically says "I'm going to a conference in Vegas, flying out Saturday January 10th. Would you want to see if my parents can come watch the kids so that you can come out too?" and my first thought was "What if the Bills are in the playoffs?"

I am horrible, aren't I?

Only thing horrible here is that your first thought wasn't that you get to watch the Bills in the playoffs in Vegas! Vegas Baby!

I am horrible, aren't I?

yes :D but I would take the trip to Vegas, there will be plenty of playoff games to go now.

Yeah...we all love our kids but a good break every now and then is a bonus. After my first was born, my wife and I didn't go on a vacation for almost 6 years. Went on a cruise and I still say it was the best vacation I ever took. We always joke, however, that we could have taken a bottle of wine, two lawn chairs and sat behind the dumpsters at Kmart and felt the same way. :D

They don't allow glass behind the Kmart dumpster; you have to either bring a box of wine or conceal the bottle in a paper bag... And for the record, you have to light YOUR OWN trash can fire to cook your vermin. I don't share.

I also think it is a cold hard lock that anyone who must ask if they are a horrible human being is already a horrible human being without asking.

Taking it one step further, they usually know the answer already, and, in fact, take some perverse pride in others acknowledging such. Does saying this make me a prick? :w00t:

The Policy Sci department here at Brockport planned a trip to Croatia and Czech Republic that would last the first two weeks of January. I had decided not to go because "what if?"

Luckily the trip got moved to May, so now I can have my cake and go to Europe, too.

college or high school?

I am horrible, aren't I?

i am trying to,plan a Hawaii vacation and waiting till after Super Bowl just in case

i am trying to,plan a Hawaii vacation and waiting till after Super Bowl just in case

Pro bowl?

And Jay, yes, you're horrible. Just kidding bud.

If your not physically going to the game anyway, why not showgirls, gambling and any other vice you can think of while there. Besides, she'll be in a great mood, which will make a happy Jay.

Have fun bud.

MGK

By the way, Jay I read every post on this thread as I knew it would be pretty funny.

No look post:

You are a horrible person only if you think:

1. Driving in the left lane at/below the speed limit is OK

2. Your job entitles you to special treatment at the airport. You have no clue that most of us around you fly more than you do. Get in line, and STFU, like every other newb, unless you show us the gold cards we have. We're going to get the upgrade before you do, anyway, and there probably isn't one, so don't bother. You're merely a visitor at our office today. Control yourself.

3. Speaking of airport, for those of you who are on vacation, that's where you are going today, and you've probably known that for months. Are you telling me that in those months, you didn't think to check your baggage/yourself and make sure you don't have any metal/banned items? Did you really think bringing 20 little plastic bags was a good plan? Did you think at all? No. And your refusal to think is disrespectful to the rest of us, who are at work, not on vacation.

4. life starts and stops at your convenience.

5. it's OK to be rude/obnoxious to anyone in the service industry, airlines, Fed Ex, etc., and/or not tip appropriately. Not only are you horrible, you are stupid: remember that these people are there to help your make your life go, and they can make it stop any time they want.

6. You would rather board the plane earlier than allowed, to get the overhead bin space, and screw the elderly/mothers with kids out of it, rather than losing 10-50 pounds necessary-->so that you never have to worry about having 10 minutes to make your connecting flight, because you can power through it and get it done.

7. You transfer your anger at your own failings onto the Bills, or others, rather than being accountable for them, and making the choices necessary to overcome those failings and thereby earn more happiness.

8. Listen, think, then talk, is an approach to life that you should avoid.

9. Anybody owes you anything. Even if you are able to weasel something, via entitlement, inheritance, or whatever, you're never going to be truly happy, because you'll always know, deep down, that what you got, isn't yours. It may take years, but you'll always end up there. Earning what you have, and being happy with that, is where true happiness lies.

10. It's OK that you've stopped learning.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I am horrible, aren't I?

I'm in Vegas that same week for a conference.

I just booked a one way flight home from Vegas on Friday. I'm keeping my options open for the flight out.

If we lose to the Chiefs I think I'll book the flight out because the playoffs will be a pipe dream going 1-3 in the AFC West.

If you ask me, Ed's wife and Sage's wife are the horrible human beings for no longer allowing their husbands to post here and for commandeering their respective family's pants.

As for the OP, making the playoffs is one thing, but a home game? Would you rather watch on a television at home with screaming kids running around or on a television in Vegas with scantily clad women running around?

Ed still lurks.