11/5: Sammy Injures Groin in Practice - Active vs. KC

If the Bills aren't 100% focused on the KC game (i.e., looking ahead to Miami on Thursday) they'll get smoked. There is no room for a "save it for the next game" mentality in the NFL.

they have no business "looking ahead". Kansas city is the better team. Bills are going to have to be firing on all cylinders.

Edited by yabuddy

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they have no business "looking ahead". Kansas city is the better team. Bills are going to have to be firing on all cylinders.

Agreed. Hope it is just fans thinking this way. This is a big game. Hoping for a big Bills win but I would take any win, be it by 1 point, ugly or not

If the Bills aren't 100% focused on the KC game (i.e., looking ahead to Miami on Thursday) they'll get smoked. There is no room for a "save it for the next game" mentality in the NFL.

I agree with that, I just literally don't think Fred needs to play if he's forcing it at his age and risk having a season lingering issue.

If he's not 100%, sit him.

This game is just shy of a must win. Hopefully coach has convinced them of that. Lose this game, and our playoff odds go from "pretty decent" to "very slim".

This game is just shy of a must win. Hopefully coach has convinced them of that. Lose this game, and our playoff odds go from "pretty decent" to "very slim".

Exactly!! The Bills play the 3 AFC teams with 3 losses in the next 4 weeks. Those games are equal in terms of importance. They need to win 3 of the next 4 at worst to remain in the hunt.

This game is a must win. They are not going to go 5-2 with the rest of the schedule they have. Unless a fan thinks a 5-10% chance is a realistic chance. 9-7 won't get it done this year in the AFC. Even 10-6 might not get you in.

The Bills have never won a game like this since the last year they went to the playoffs a decade and a half ago. If they do beat the Chiefs, they can honestly say they are still in the playoff hunt and they would show true mental toughness which this team hasn't had for a very long time.

Edited by 1billsfan

KC was 8-0 last year and got their ass kicked on both sides of the ball, escaping with a win thanks to a 3rd string rookie QB making his first start and Stevie Johnson running a route he had no business running at the goalline

They won't be so lucky today

Edited by matter2003

KC was 8-0 last year and got their ass kicked on both sides of the ball, escaping with a win thanks to a 3rd string rookie QB making his first start and Stevie Johnson running a route he had no business running at the goalline

Dont be stuck in last year. Chiefs are a much different team. KC didn't have Kelce last year and Smith is in such a rhythm after a year in Reids offense. He has ONE interception since week one. That's damn good. Chiefs are moving the ball without the help of turnovers and big special teams play. last year they were almost reliant on D/ST touchdowns. Safety play has also drastically improved. I just feel like the Chiefs are being under rated.

Edited by yabuddy

Dont be stuck in last year. Chiefs are a much different team. KC didn't have Kelce last year and Smith is in such a rhythm after a year in Reids offense. He has ONE interception since week one. That's damn good. Chiefs are moving the ball without the help of turnovers and big special teams play. last year they were almost reliant on D/ST touchdowns. Safety play has also drastically improved. I just feel like the Chiefs are being under rated.

I feel like we are being underrated

I feel like we are being underrated

That's the spirit!

The same can be said about this Bills team.

That's the spirit!

That's the spirit!

Your exactly right. I'm not comparing the two teams from last year though. I am just looking at this year. I was just trying to show that you can't base an outcome on this game by comparing it to years past.

I agree with that, I just literally don't think Fred needs to play if he's forcing it at his age and risk having a season lingering issue.

If he's not 100%, sit him.

At this point in the season there is not a player in the NFL who is at 100%. The difference is in playing hurt vs. playing with pain. If Fred is at risk of further injuring himself he should not play; if it's a matter of overcoming pain I have no doubt he'll be in there. Same goes for Sammy.

This game is a must win. They are not going to go 5-2 with the rest of the schedule they have. Unless a fan thinks a 5-10% chance is a realistic chance. 9-7 won't get it done this year in the AFC. Even 10-6 might not get you in.

The Bills have never won a game like this since the last year they went to the playoffs a decade and a half ago. If they do beat the Chiefs, they can honestly say they are still in the playoff hunt and they would show true mental toughness which this team hasn't had for a very long time.

Ok so, lets get this straight. If we don't win this game, we can't go 10-6? Everyone who states this is a just win is basically saying we are automatically going to go 1-3 in December and are automatically going to lose to the packers, at home. That's just bs. We can definitely go 2-2 in December and 3-1 in November. If we lose this game, we can still beat the fins, jets then browns in November as well as gb and Oakland in December. Beating Denver and NE on the road will be super tough and I'd go so far as saying those will be 2 losses. I'm not willing to concede a loss to GB at those though. Those that say the KC game is a must win, are conceding a loss to GB. Weak

Ok so, lets get this straight. If we don't win this game, we can't go 10-6? Everyone who states this is a just win is basically saying we are automatically going to go 1-3 in December and are automatically going to lose to the packers, at home. That's just bs. We can definitely go 2-2 in December and 3-1 in November. If we lose this game, we can still beat the fins, jets then browns in November as well as gb and Oakland in December. Beating Denver and NE on the road will be super tough and I'd go so far as saying those will be 2 losses. I'm not willing to concede a loss to GB at those though. Those that say the KC game is a must win, are conceding a loss to GB. Weak

I am not but you have zero margin for error at that point. At Miami is a tougher game than GB at home IMO. Nobody wins every game that they are supposed to so you want to leave yourself a little margin for error. Can the Bills win all of those games? Yes, but the odds of that happening are probably less than 10%. If they win today they also secure a tiebreaker over KC I believe and it could come to that. You cannot lose games to teams that you are competing with for a playoff spot at home. It is definitely a tough game but it is about as close to a must win as you are going to find.

Alex Smith can be forced into bad throws with a pass rush. I really want to see holy hell unleashed from the front 4 today.

Must keep the D fresh and stop the Run middle Run middle again Pass Punt garbage….Nathaniel.

12th man….assemble!

Thats the thing though. Alex would rather take the sack or throw the ball away instead of forcing a throw.

I am not but you have zero margin for error at that point. At Miami is a tougher game than GB at home IMO. Nobody wins every game that they are supposed to so you want to leave yourself a little margin for error. Can the Bills win all of those games? Yes, but the odds of that happening are probably less than 10%. If they win today they also secure a tiebreaker over KC I believe and it could come to that. You cannot lose games to teams that you are competing with for a playoff spot at home. It is definitely a tough game but it is about as close to a must win as you are going to find.

Saying this game is a must win, leaves this game with zero margin for error.

I understand the feeling that we its a game vs a team we're competing against for the playoffs and the tie breaker would be HUGE. I just don't see this game as must win. Must win mean if we lose, our season is essentially over. I disagree wholeheartedly. I understand the importance of this game, but will not throw in the towel if we lose. It'll hurt our chances, no doubt, but its not season ending.....which is what a must win is IMO. Maybe we have different opinions of must win

Saying this game is a must win, leaves this game with zero margin for error.

I understand the feeling that we its a game vs a team we're competing against for the playoffs and the tie breaker would be HUGE. I just don't see this game as must win. Must win mean if we lose, our season is essentially over. I disagree wholeheartedly. I understand the importance of this game, but will not throw in the towel if we lose. It'll hurt our chances, no doubt, but its not season ending.....which is what a must win is IMO. Maybe we have different opinions of must win

What chances to you give them of obtaining a wild card with a win today vs. a loss? I would say that with a win today they probably have like a 35-40% chance of the playoffs and with a loss maybe 8%. Obviously it doesn't go to 0% but that 30% difference is enough for me to put it in the must win category.