11/5: Sammy Injures Groin in Practice - Active vs. KC

Manning was 21-26 for 242 and 3 TDs, 0 INTs. He didn't throw for 300 because they were able to run the ball and he only needed to throw 26 times to win the game. OTOH Manning threw for 400+ against NE because they were behind the whole game and he had to throw like 50 times. I don't put much stock on whether a QB throws for 300 and that determining whether their D is on lockdown. I'm not discounting their pass D because I think it is good, but just don't feel that stat of not allowing 300 passing yds means they can't be beaten.

I just think it is a pretty decent statistic when they have played Tom Brady, Phyllis Rivers, and Peyton Manning. Either way you look at it, they played 3 of the top 10 passing offenses in the league and still have the #1 passing defense when it comes to yards. Brady was playing behind the whole game on Monday Night Football and I don't believe he even had 200 yards passing.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone reported that he is out? I still feel pretty confident that he will be playing Sunday until I hear otherwise.

No...:Last I saw was that he wasn't at the beginning of practice today. Status is unknown according to Vic Carucci

I just think it is a pretty decent statistic when they have played Tom Brady, Phyllis Rivers, and Peyton Manning. Either way you look at it, they played 3 of the top 10 passing offenses in the league and still have the #1 passing defense when it comes to yards. Brady was playing behind the whole game on Monday Night Football and I don't believe he even had 200 yards passing.

I agree - they shut Brady down. He could not do anything. They didn't shut Manning or Rivers down. Rivers had a normal Rivers game - he has only thrown for over 300 twice this year as it is, against crap Raiders and Jax. KC won on a last second FG.

I think they have a really good D though.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I agree - they shut Brady down. He could not do anything. They didn't shut Manning or Rivers down. Rivers had a normal Rivers game - he has only thrown for over 300 twice this year as it is, against crap Raiders and Jax. KC won on a last second FG.

Besides his first game against the Cardinals Rivers had five straight 120+ QB rating heading into the Chiefs game. He ended up with an 83 against the Chiefs. There is no denying they have a damn good pass defense this year. Adding Eric Berry is only a plus for them who is an All-Pro. I just think they have faced better receivers so in order for this game to be won the Bills have to run the ball effectively and often.

Besides his first game against the Cardinals Rivers had five straight 120+ QB rating heading into the Chiefs game. He ended up with an 83 against the Chiefs. There is no denying they have a damn good pass defense this year. Adding Eric Berry is only a plus for them who is an All-Pro. I just think they have faced better receivers so in order for this game to be won the Bills have to run the ball effectively and often.

Very true

Watkins comparing notes with Jackson

][/b]Bills WR Sammy Watkins is in uncharted territory. Having never had a muscular injury of any significance in his career he’s not sure how to work his way through his current groin ailment. That’s why he’s been seeking counsel from Fred Jackson, who also has a groin injury.

“Never dealt with a serious injury so I really don’t know how to treat a groin,” said Watkins. “I’ve never been through one so I don’t know how to feel right now.”

@JoeBuscaglia

Marrone on if plan is for Watkins to practice Sat: No, I don't think it is until the trainers tell me that he can go. The guy can't practice

#Bills Watkins on if he'll play Sunday: "I don't know. That's the coach's decision whether I should play. It's a long season."

Watkins: It's a groin. With those you've got to be careful. You've got to be smart and you really don't know whether you're right or not.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

God I hope so.

When we throw to him we win games.

Simple as that

CBF

Indeed.

I'm clinging to hope and a feeling as well.

So do I. They are smart to be overly cautious with upcoming games on Sunday and Thursday.

Especially with Sammy. He's going to be so good for so long; better to be cautious if you must.

“I don't know. That's the coach's decision whether I should play. It's a long season,” Watkins started.

With that "long season" comment it sounds to me like he is mentally preparing himself for when/if he won't be able to go.

I guess we will know Sunday. But even if he can go, it does not sound like he will be anything close to 100%. I hope if he is marginal, Marrone and the Bills error on the side of caution.

Edited by CodeMonkey