What show to start?

The Underdog

I watched the first 2 episodes of The OA on Netflix last night. It was pretty good. Reminded me of Stranger Things without the 80's vibe. Very interesting stuff.

It's bananas, pretty good ending though.

I finally watched the OA after everyone was raving about it.

All I can say is that there are a bunch of idiots out there who just want something weird to watch. [i'm looking at you, Lost fans]. The story is left "open" because it makes no sense. The show has so many plot holes. Britt went to the M Night Shayamalan school of bad writing: where characters don't behave like humans. Don't even get me started on the "dance". <cringe>

They could have shown this entire series in one twilight zone episode.

...And it basically stole the ending of Guardians of the Galaxy.

I finally watched the OA after everyone was raving about it.

All I can say is that there are a bunch of idiots out there who just want something weird to watch. [i'm looking at you, Lost fans]. The story is left "open" because it makes no sense. The show has so many plot holes. Britt went to the M Night Shayamalan school of bad writing: where characters don't behave like humans. Don't even get me started on the "dance". <cringe>

They could have shown this entire series in one twilight zone episode.

...And it basically stole the ending of Guardians of the Galaxy.

I just finished episode 5/8 last night. While I don't think the show is a bad as you describe, I have lost interest somewhat as the plot unfolds. There have been a couple times my wife and I have turned to each other and laughed about the ridiculousness of certain aspects of the show (e.g., the dance).

We are going to finish watching, as it is interesting in some respects and is quite suspenseful. I would give it a 6.3/10 JH rating....a decent show to get you through a week of your "show hole." Funny about your M Night Shamalamadingdong comparison. Last night I said to my wife that the "vibe" of the show reminds me very much of The Lady in the Water.

I've been watching Life in Pieces, which is actually a pretty funny show, but I mention it here mostly because they shot last night's episode during the Bills/Rams game. It started with tailgaiting, and you can see Bills banners outside the stadiun, with some shots of the game throughout the show, including the play I swear was Nickel-Robey's pick six, but they cut away right after the ball was thrown.

I was at the game and don't remember the halftime bit, but at least, for once, I was reminded of a game that they actually won.

I just finished episode 5/8 last night. While I don't think the show is a bad as you describe, I have lost interest somewhat as the plot unfolds. There have been a couple times my wife and I have turned to each other and laughed about the ridiculousness of certain aspects of the show (e.g., the dance).

We are going to finish watching, as it is interesting in some respects and is quite suspenseful. I would give it a 6.3/10 JH rating....a decent show to get you through a week of your "show hole." Funny about your M Night Shamalamadingdong comparison. Last night I said to my wife that the "vibe" of the show reminds me very much of The Lady in the Water.

I was exactly like you. The mystery of the show is what kept me watching. There are a lot of "weird" plot points that kept me interested. I just wanted to know what was going on. The problem is that the show doesn't explain them. The producers said in an interview (because I had to look it up thinking I must have missed something.) said they wanted to leave it to the audience to interpret.

****spoiler, but not really since it has no relevance****

Why did they have to leave their front doors open?

-No one on the internet knows. Including the show creators.

This is by far one of the worst endings I've ever seen. I actually found myself face-palming involuntarily it was so bad. I couldn't watch the screen. I saw the moment coming and rolled my eyes thinking they're not really going to do it... but they did.

There are very few shows that made me hate it for wasting my time. This is one of them.

I was exactly like you. The mystery of the show is what kept me watching. There are a lot of "weird" plot points that kept me interested. I just wanted to know what was going on. The problem is that the show doesn't explain them. The producers said in an interview (because I had to look it up thinking I must have missed something.) said they wanted to leave it to the audience to interpret.

This is by far one of the worst endings I've ever seen. I actually found myself face-palming involuntarily it was so bad. I couldn't watch the screen. I saw the moment coming and rolled my eyes thinking they're not really going to do it... but they did.

There are very few shows that made me hate it for wasting my time. This is one of them.

Interestingly, you just made me more eager to watch the finale. The feedback I have received from others is that the ending is tremendous. No turning back now!

I'm a huge HBO fanboy if you will but was on the fence about this one. How is it?

No disrespect to Fading intended, but I couldn't even make it through the full pilot.

It was brutally awful in my eyes. Hilariously poor dialogue that really, really thinks it's being subtle when it's borderline slapstick.

But that's just one opinion. I know others like Fading who enjoyed it.

No disrespect to Fading intended, but I couldn't even make it through the full pilot.

It was brutally awful in my eyes. Hilariously poor dialogue that really, really thinks it's being subtle when it's borderline slapstick.

I gave up after the one episode..will not be watching anymore

I've been getting into Canadian comedies lately, seems better than the formulistic US comedies of the dumd father with the hot wife and 2-3 smart ass kids.

Corner Gas, Young Drunk Punk, Kim's Convenience, Mr D. are a few I've watched some episodes of

I gave up after the one episode..will not be watching anymore

I'm a huge HBO fanboy if you will but was on the fence about this one. How is it?

Depends if you like watching shows about internal politics. A more talky version of Borgia. (Minimal sex and violence to wake up the boring parts)

I watched it this afternoon, just plain brutal. And that's being kind.

Okay, you were absolutely spot on with this one. The first four or five episodes were good enough to reel me in, and then the end of the season really sucked. Nothing made sense...I mean it did, but it was dumb. I'm not even going to go into all of the plot flaws for fear of giving away any spoilers. The ending was really, really bad. I will never get those 8-9 hours of my life back. What a disappointment.

Okay, you were absolutely spot on with this one. The first four or five episodes were good enough to reel me in, and then the end of the season really sucked. Nothing made sense...I mean it did, but it was dumb. I'm not even going to go into all of the plot flaws for fear of giving away any spoilers. The ending was really, really bad. I will never get those 8-9 hours of my life back. What a disappointment.

I saw Brad Pitt's name in the credits after episode one. I should have known.