Worst day for the Bills possible, considering they didn't play.

The Steelers beat the Ravens and the AFC North is going to produce a lot of wildcard competition so it didn't really matter who won that game. Browns, Pats*, and Fins winning hurt. But the way I see it is we play the Chiefs, Fins, and Browns. We win those games it makes the path to the wildcard much easier. To be the man you gotta beat the man.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...this week just confirmed that we have some very very tough teams on the schedule, but we kind of had that one figured out even before this week. We will have ourselves tested with Kansas City on Sunday and we'll just have to see after that. There is a reason we haven't been to playoffs in most people's memory and that is that playoff teams tend to be very good. Let's find out if we are very good. I'm pulling for us.

The Bills have four winnable games coming up before the December gauntlet. Good teams win the games they're supposed to, and they compete and win sometimes in their tough games. The only letdown so far this year was the Houston game, which I still fear will be the difference.

If the Bills are 9-3 at the end of November, which is entirely realistic, they have a very good chance because they'll have beaten their direct WC competition with games against four other teams remaining.

Looking at the schedules the Steelers look a good bet for the AFC North. Their next 2 are 2 of the irrelevant 4 - Jets and Titans. That should take them to 8-3 going into their bye.... it gets tougher after that but 3 of their games (Chiefs, Saints and Bengals) have to visit them and are not great road teams. In that case I think we are probably looking at Cincy as the bye threat..... Baltimore have been swept by Cincy and split with Pitt that could really hurt them in that topsy turvy division.

I just watched the Jets/Chiefs rewind. Even though they only scored 10 pts, the Jets were moving the ball pretty consistently against the Chiefs. They had first and goal at the Chiefs 3 and turned it over on downs early in the 4th when it was 24 - 10. They had other opportunities as well later in the 4th. The Chiefs did not get sustained pressure on Vick and the Chiefs O all game was rather conservative and non explosive. Charles and Bowe are their main playmakers but also watch out for TE Kelce 87. Kelce was getting open and Smith was throwing to him pretty regularly. After watching this, I feel even better about the Bills chances against the Chiefs.

I just watched the Jets/Chiefs rewind. Even though they only scored 10 pts, the Jets were moving the ball pretty consistently against the Chiefs. They had first and goal at the Chiefs 3 and turned it over on downs early in the 4th when it was 24 - 10. They had other opportunities as well later in the 4th. The Chiefs did not get sustained pressure on Vick and the Chiefs O all game was rather conservative and non explosive. Charles and Bowe are their main playmakers but also watch out for TE Kelce 87. Kelce was getting open and Smith was throwing to him pretty regularly. After watching this, I feel even better about the Bills chances against the Chiefs.

Kelce could be a nuisance after Charles.

Our linebackers are going to be critical. With the short routes and the run. Coaches game coming up. decent matchup. should be a good game.

Go Bills

The Bills just need to win- every game is pretty much a must win. That brutal December will be a huge test. We will need to win 3 of 4. That NE game will be the decider as to whether we get in, I predict.

I think the next 4 will go 3-1 maybe 4-0 making December less urgent but I agree with you that NE wk 17 will probably decide our playoff chances this year.

The NFL isn't easy. There really is a lot of parity and any team can win any Sunday. The pats have a very tough upcoming schedule. We have very winnable upcoming games. This team has been in every game so far.

Agree. The Bills have to go 4-0 in November as they themselves have a pretty Brutal schedule in December with games against GB, NE and Denver. If they go 4-0 in November and get the one win against Oakland, they will be 10-6.

The NFL isn't easy. There really is a lot of parity and any team can win any Sunday. The pats have a very tough upcoming schedule. We have very winnable upcoming games. This team has been in every game so far.

This! It's hard to win in the NFL.

Miami's crushing of SD was impressive, as was the NE win.

but they fell flat on the following games. Last week it took turnovers on D for them to beat the Jaguars

so it comes down to which team the Bills face in 10 - 11 days

from what I heard the Browns snuck out a win ... so I'm still concerned, but not worried,

The Browns barely beat the Bucs. Hard to admit living in Tampa, but the Bucs are just awful. The O-Line is atrocious, defense is porous, and undisciplined.

First things first, we have to beat the Chiefs at home. If we do that, we can beat the Fish? I believe the advantage goes to a strong defense on these short weeks. Our defense is quite a bit better than Miami's defense, but they did look very good against the Chargers.