Week 9 - Who to root for. The Dolphins?!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jets winning is good in a couple ways... This years playoff picture and the next draft. But I have no pity, just glee.

i actually could see the jets winning some games. They looked their worst against SD and buffalo but if they can run the ball on KC and Vick protects the ball ... Could be close.

i actually could see the jets winning some games. They looked their worst against SD and buffalo but if they can run the ball on KC and Vick protects the ball ... Could be close.

They could bounce back some, but it would help if they stay under a half dozen turnovers. I think they will improve in the coming weeks. We just saw ground zero of an implosion. No NFL is actually THAT bad. KC should be tested by that DL.

I have seen enough of San Diego to just concede one WC spot to them. So, I am not going to bother hoping they lose.

No way. If they lose this week, they already have 4 losses and 5 very difficult matchups to go. I agree that they're a good team, but they've by no means separated themselves from the WC pack.

I'd love to see the Fish and J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets win this week.

More importantly, I want to see the Broncos, Colts, Lions, Packers, and Chargers win in that order over the next 6 weeks as there is one week there is a bye. Who do they play in that order you ask? Well, here's a Hoodie hint along with Marsha, Marsha, Marsha. That is a tough schedule so even if we win our next four games, and Oakland, we would walk into the last game of the season possibly with a tie record to the Patsies.

Can you imagine us beating Marsha in Foxboro to win the AFC East in week 17 with an 11-5 record? At 11-5 we could even get a bye. Ok, no I'm not drinking at 9 am, but a man can dream. I love drinking cool aid as long as I can.

Have a good day guys. I'm on a lacrosse and soccer field all day today, and can't wait to camp out all day tomorrow and just enjoy the awesome games tomorrow. The Cards/Cowboys ( Go Birds ! ) at 1pm, Broncos/Pats ( shred them Manning ) at 4pm, and Steelers/Ravens ( no opinion as I like both teams, just love a slug fest ) at 8:30 pm. Man if I could put a catheter in me, I'd never leave the couch.

I'd love to see the Fish and J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets win this week.

More importantly, I want to see the Broncos, Colts, Lions, Packers, and Chargers win in that order over the next 6 weeks as there is one week there is a bye. Who do they play in that order you ask? Well, here's a Hoodie hint along with Marsha, Marsha, Marsha. That is a tough schedule so even if we win our next four games, and Oakland, we would walk into the last game of the season possibly with a tie record to the Patsies.

Can you imagine us beating Marsha in Foxboro to win the AFC East in week 17 with an 11-5 record? At 11-5 we could even get a bye. Ok, no I'm not drinking at 9 am, but a man can dream. I love drinking cool aid as long as I can.

Have a good day guys. I'm on a lacrosse and soccer field all day today, and can't wait to camp out all day tomorrow and just enjoy the awesome games tomorrow. The Cards/Cowboys ( Go Birds ! ) at 1pm, Broncos/Pats ( shred them Manning ) at 4pm, and Steelers/Ravens ( no opinion as I like both teams, just love a slug fest ) at 8:30 pm. Man if I could put a catheter in me, I'd never leave the couch.

ill be watching jets/chefs, pats*/broncos, steelers/ravens. With Red Zone sprinkled in. Supposed to be cold outside - ready for a great Sunday of (relatively) stress-free football!

Chargers, @ Lions, Bills, @ Bronco's, @ NYETS, Ravens, @ Putrids, Vikes and NYETS.

naw ... not worried about rooting for Miami

I'm rooting for New England. I want home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

never never never ..... unless that win puts the Bills in the playoffs

I think the best, most awesome scenario would be for the Bills to somehow fix their OL problems in the second half of this season and control their own destiny. While it certainly wouldn't hurt my feelings if the Dolphins/Jets win, the Patriots lose, Colts lose this week, it would be sooo much better if the Bills go on a win streak. Beat KS, Miami, Jets and Browns then we are doing something. At that point we would be 9 - 3. The remaining games:

At Denver

Green Bay

At Oakland

At New England

This is a tough stretch with 3 of the final 4 games on the road. Win one of these and we likely get a wildcard. Win 2 and we likely win the division. Now that would be sweet.

That's just so..... Unnatural!

I hate Dolphins the most because I would sit by the fire in the basement trying to thaw out as it went from gray to dark outside. The Miami fans were all prancing around in their tee shirts and flip flops basking in the sunshine. How could that not scar a kid? And then was the whole oh-for-the-70's thing.

But I will try if I must...

Really, you are a better man than me. The 70s were too hard and I still have flashbacks to the club foot shanking a game winning FG! Gotta root for SD and hope for injuries. Not life threatening of course but...

Never. I'll root for the Dolphins when they play al Qaeda, not before.

Agreed and I'll still hope for injuries on both sides! Injuries to al Qaeda can be life threatening however!

I think the best, most awesome scenario would be for the Bills to somehow fix their OL problems in the second half of this season and control their own destiny. While it certainly wouldn't hurt my feelings if the Dolphins/Jets win, the Patriots lose, Colts lose this week, it would be sooo much better if the Bills go on a win streak. Beat KS, Miami, Jets and Browns then we are doing something. At that point we would be 9 - 3. The remaining games:

At Denver

Green Bay

At Oakland

At New England

This is a tough stretch with 3 of the final 4 games on the road. Win one of these and we likely get a wildcard. Win 2 and we likely win the division. Now that would be sweet.

11-5 will not win the AFC East this year.

but it should give you a wild card.

Only 1 team missed the playoffs at 11-5 in the new format.

It was the Brady-less Cheats.

I am cheering for San diego. I still think they get a wild card spot so I want them to beat up on any teams we will be competing with. Also it helps in tiebreakers with Miami in case we lose to them on the thursday night game (which shouldn't happen but any given thursday...)

Agree with cheering for the jets this week but unlikely for them to beat the Chiefs. Only good news is that jets run D is good and should slow down Charles and co. Alex smith is still questionable as a qb at best. Could be a closer game than people think. And don't think that Vick won't want this one against Andy Reid.

Edited by Drreef2

lets see how the QB Simms does before predicting "some " wins. :flirt:

Chris Ivory is still a beast and to beat KC , the run game will be needed

I am looking forward to how the Jets deal with Charles more than anything.