Trade deadline

BuffaninATL

with tomorrow being the NFL tradeline and OL (specifically, OG) being our Achilles heel, who on the current roster (looking at you, M Williams) could you see Whaley trying to move? More importantly, are there any viable OG assets out there.?

If Whaley sees this team as objectively as I think we do here on TSW, this team, as it is currently constructed, is not poised for a playoff run. I see strength and talent at all positions except OG. We cannot run the ball, our playcalling is suspect and does not conceal our weaknesses, and sacks are on the rise with an immobile Orton at QB (his only glaring weakness IMO)

What say you?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with tomorrow being the NFL tradeline and OL (specifically, OG) being our Achilles heel, who on the current roster (looking at you, M Williams) could you see Whaley trying to move? More importantly, are there any viable OG assets out there.?

If Whaley sees this team as objectively as I think we do here on TSW, this team, as it is currently constructed, is not poised for a playoff run. I see strength and talent at all positions except OG. We cannot run the ball, our playcalling is suspect and does not conceal our weaknesses, and sacks are on the rise with an immobile Orton at QB (his only glaring weakness IMO)

What say you?

For a brief moment, I saw this and thought, "What? Trade Mario???"

For a brief moment, I saw this and thought, "What? Trade Mario???"

That was my first thought too. Imagine my confusion when I looked into the matter more and saw that John Skelton is a free agent right now. We don't even have to trade for him. We can just sign him.

What happens if marginally better Urbik gets injured? Richardson again?

Yes, and there is no one else on the roster with center experience to backup Wood.

To make matters worse a bunch of guards and centers have been lost to injury so the out of football quality is poor also.

I wonder if the Bucs would trade Doug Martin, Vincent Jackson, and Logan Makins for a 2nd round pick. Two of three have been reported to be on the trade block and it looks like they are simply trying to dump salary. I'm not sure if we could absorb their salaries this year. We would be able to cut them at the end of the season with taking a cap hit if needed. I know it will never happen but I bet the Bucs would take it if it was offered.

The NFL trade deadline is always disappointing. IT takes too long to get players to know your system, plus teams overvalue their players.

That said, with the Bills on a bye, this would be the perfect opportunity to make a trade and give a new player time to learn the system.