I thought EJ was going to mop up

bmur66

I was surprised Coach didn't pull Orton with 3 minutes left and let EJ mop it up. Kind of risky to leave your starting QB out there with the game in hand and thing getting a little "chippy". Would have been a nice bone to throw EJ too.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was surprised Coach didn't pull Orton with 3 minutes left and let EJ mop it up. Kind of risky to leave your starting QB out there with the game in hand and thing getting a little "chippy". Would have been a nice bone to throw EJ too.

No. EJ shouldn't ever see the field for us again. Cut his ass in the offseason, draft a guy worth a damn in the 2nd and let him sit. EJ has shown he does NOT have it in the NFL. Same issues in HS, to College now to the pros. Is issues you just can't change

At this point of his career EJ should just be content to mop up the sweat off his brow after several intense study sessions with the playbook.

To finish your post...."on another team"

It's funny how you go from being patient with EJ to acting like he is the worst QB in NFL history.

Huh?! I was just giving a possible explanation. I thought EJ was going in too.

Touchy, are we?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Huh?! I was just giving a possible explanation. I thought EJ was going in too.

Touchy, are we?

You posted stuff in another thread as well. We normally agree but I think it's ok to point out there are still some issues with the offense. There is a ton of room for improvement.

No, that would be a slap in the face to a QB who was recently replaced. In his mind I suspect Marrone still hopes Manuel will turn into a starting QB and did not want to treat him as a backup by putting him in to handoff a few times.

No, that would be a slap in the face to a QB who was recently replaced. In his mind I suspect Marrone still hopes Manuel will turn into a starting QB and did not want to treat him as a backup by putting him in to handoff a few times.

That's a very fair take. Admittedly, I've been hard on Marrone. But if he is telling Manuel behind the scenes that he still believes in him and wants him to grow as a QB, I would respect that.

That's a very fair take. Admittedly, I've been hard on Marrone. But if he is telling Manuel behind the scenes that he still believes in him and wants him to grow as a QB, I would respect that.

Yeah there was some article about EJ sympathizing with Geno and telling him to keep his head up. The article said EJ is gaining confidence each week behind the scenes. Personally I still hope he gets a shot and makes the most of his opportunity. He seems like a hell of a good guy, I know that doesn't make you a good QB, but its hard not to root for people like him

Why would we give a mop to our players ? :flirt:

To clean up the Jets tears of course