Updated: The AFC Playoff Picture

Posted this in another thread. Relevant for this one.

IF the Bills can win the next 3 AND go 2-2 in the final quarter, they make 10-6. 5 Wins= @Mia, NYJ, Clev, @Oak, GB

For the competition, I'll list games where they have a higher (than 50-50) chance of losing:

AFCW

KC 6-3: SEA, DEN, @AZ, @Pitt, SD. Lose 4 of 5. 9-7

SD 5-4: Pats, Den, @SF, @KC. Lose 3 of 4. 9-7

AFCN:

Clev 6-3: @Buf, Ind, @CAR, @Balt, Cin. Lose Ind, @Buf, and one of @Balt or Cin, so Pitt wins division and Bills win head-to-head.

Cinc 5-3-1: @NO, Pitt, @Clev, Den, @Pitt. Lose any 3 and they are 9-6-1.

Pitt 5-4: NO, @Cin, KC, Cin. Easiest schedule. Hope they win division (Bills have the head-to-head over Clev). Pitt needs to beat Cin twice in case Clev and Pitt are 10-6.

Balt 5-4: @NO, SD, @Mia, Clev. Lose 3 and they are 9-7.

Scenarios:

1. It's all moot if Bills don't take care of business.

2. If KC only loses 3 more games, then Pitt needs to win AFCN so Bills have tie breaker with Clev. I don't see SD doing better than 9-7.

3. If KC loses 4 more games, then most likely Pitt and Clev get in as Div winner and WC, with Bills as the other WC.

It would've been a hell of a lot easier had the Bills beat KC, but I believe they still have a pretty decent shot with #2 be most likely.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of games between these teams... Pitt and cincy still play twice

New England* still plays the Chargers

If the Bills can finish 10-6 they will make it in imo

Playoffs or not, 10-6 and I will be beyond satisfied with the progress made this season and will be willing to sit on judgment of our coaching staff and GM until the end of next season.

Anyone that seriously believes we have a shot at playoffs is beyond my comprehension. With games still against Denver, Green Bay and New England, finishing 8-8 at best (not to mention playing a different Jets team and a 6-3 Browns team that will have Josh Gordon back) is not going to get us in the playoffs. We needed these past 2 games and we couldn't pull it off.

Another year, another .500 or below finish. At this point I am just looking to see some of the young talent show some development.

Anyone that seriously believes we have a shot at playoffs is beyond my comprehension.

see, thats the point being missed. No one thinks we have a realistic shot at the playoffs, but what the hell, I will still root for them to win and others to lose so mybe that 3% chance can happen!

Think i remember a couple of years ago San Diego being 3 games back with 4 to play...they made it in.

Not saying think it will happen, but WTH, aint like we can move up in the first round with loses

Anyone that seriously believes we have a shot at playoffs is beyond my comprehension. With games still against Denver, Green Bay and New England, finishing 8-8 at best (not to mention playing a different Jets team and a 6-3 Browns team that will have Josh Gordon back) is not going to get us in the playoffs. We needed these past 2 games and we couldn't pull it off.

Another year, another .500 or below finish. At this point I am just looking to see some of the young talent show some development.

I'm resigned to the fact the Bills are close to certain of not going to the playoffs again this year. Sure, we can look at all the scenarios and hold out hope but you're just setting yourself up for more disappointment. The team is like Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown. Trust me, I won't move the ball when you try to kick it!

They had their chance with the 2 games in 5 days against the Chiefs and the Dolphins and failed the test. Plain and simple they didn't answer the bell.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills