Updated: The AFC Playoff Picture

Because the division tiebreaker is first. Baltimore wins over Pittsburgh. We win over Baltimore.

Need to go 10-6 to get in, IMO.

No it's not. For the wild card, conference record comes first. Divisional record comes first when deciding who wins the division (after head to head, of course).

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it's not. For the wild card, conference record comes first. Divisional record comes first when deciding who wins the division (after head to head, of course).

Division record comes first for wild card spots within the division. Then conference. Pittsburgh's conference record is better than Baltimore's and ours, but Baltimore beat Pittsburgh and therefore have the tiebreaker currently, but then we have the tiebreaker over Baltimore which at this point I believe is strength of victory.

Best bet to win 5 more is beating the Dolphins, Jets, Browns, Raiders, and Packers. That would be 10-6.

this.. I would say KC and GB are similar odds but we have a whole week of prep for KC, so one of those two games plus the other must wins shud be enough.. if 10 wins doesnt do it then we are destined to never make the playoffs again

Edited by CJallDAY

Please disregard ALL current tie breakers.

They will change so heavily in the second half of the season that us winning them now is completely irrelevant, and we could very easily lose tie breakers to these exact same teams at 10-6.

I don't think 9-7 has much of a shot, but I think our chances are really good at 10-6.

Here are some of my takeaways as we hit the halfway mark and bye in good playoff position:

1) YEA COLTS AND BRONCOS Indy and Denver are going to be in, we can root for them to knock off all potential rivals

2) BOO CHARGERS! We lose head to head with San Diego. (Although if KC is tied as well they could knock SD out.)

3) BOO TEXANS! We also lose head to head with the Texans, so we want to root against them because there is no plausible divisional knock out.

4) CRAZY CENTRAL: We need to root for a division leader to emerge in the central and root against the other teams. We don't play any of those three teams (just Browns), and that is the most dangerous chance of us not making the playoffs at 10-6. To early to tell who, but all three have manageable schedules and a lot of head to heads. The more loses show up among those three, the better.

We most likely have to beat the Fish and the Browns and the Chief's to get to 10-6, so don't really have to worry about those teams that much except on game day.

Mostly we have to take care of our business, but hoping the Chargers, Texans, and the Central teams drop some games in the meantime is a little fun.

Let's hope we can keep winning and keep this going until we clinch a spot in week 16 or 17.

Winning the division is not out of the question... but I think we still need 10 wins to do that or we need to be 9-7 having beaten the Pats in New England. If we have 10 wins I believe we would make the wildcard regardless.

I agree. I think it is going to come down to week 17 with NE for the Bills.

And then...in true Buffalo fashion, we lose to Denver and Green Bay...We lay an egg in Oakland...and then all we need to do is beat the Patriots 3rd string...and we finish 9-7. The script is written...

Dude, your a buzz kill. Can't you let us ride the wave for now?

I do see us in one scenario hitting 9-3, and beating the Raiders. We finish 10-6, or maybe 11-5 if we can beat one of the three in an upset (Denver, Green Bay, or NE). My preference is NE as I'd love for us going in as the AFC East champs as look at 5 of NE's opponents.

Wow, the Pats have a brutal schedule for the rest of the season.

I don't think the Bills will make it as a wild card, they gotta win the division.

brutal IF the refs play it fair

Broncs are @ NE so I kind of expect the usual favoritism from the refs towards the Putz

@ SD and @ GB :thumbsup:

and maybe the Fish will hang another L on them too

And then...in true Buffalo fashion, we lose to Denver and Green Bay...We lay an egg in Oakland...and then all we need to do is beat the Patriots 3rd string...and we finish 9-7. The script is written...

C'mon man. Oakland? Really? C'mon man.