Updated: The AFC Playoff Picture

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how everyone comes in and says "this is the easiest way to do it" and they proceed to say the exact same things that have been said at least 10 times throughout the thread.

I have stated that the Bills will not make the playoffs and the ODDS are very low that the Bills make it. (and I hope I am wrong)

BUT if you want to play with scenarios I pointed out the easiest ways to do so.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I am just really please that some of you are off the "either the Steelers or Ravens COULD lose both their remaining games" bandwagon.

...because, respectfully, that was just plain stupid.

EDIT: I take back what I said above. I just disagreed with those opinions. I apologize as it was not my intent to insult anyone on the board.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Why do you think that they will not beat the Patriots*? What are you most concerned about?

-The Bills have never won in Foxboro

-The Patriots have won 9 of their last 10 games

-The Patriots have won their last 43 home games against AFC opponents

-Tom Brady is 23-2 in his career against the Bills

-The Patriots are ranked #1 in the power rankings right now

-The Patriots have had 10+ win seasons in 10 of their last 11 seasons

-This is the first season in a decade the Bills have gotten a .500 or better season

-Bellichick and Brady have shown they can consistently own the Bills and pull out a W regardless of who is on the roster or who is coaching

-Our offense has been absolutely horrendous over the past month and this year in general

To name a few

Edited by TheBillsWillRiseAgain

-The Patriots have won 9 of their last 10 games

-The Patriots have won their last 43 home games against AFC opponents

-Tom Brady is 23-2 in his career against the Bills

-The Patriots are ranked #1 in the power rankings right now

-The Patriots have had 10+ win seasons in 10 of their last 11 seasons

-This is the first season in a decade the Bills have gotten a .500 or better season

-Bellichick and Brady have shown they can consistently own the Bills and pull out a W regardless of who is on the roster or who is coaching

-Our offense has been absolutely horrendous over the past month and this year in general

To name a few

You know what that says to me? That we are way overdue to beat them there.

Per NFL rules, ties count for .5 wins and .5 losses a piece. So in that case they are really 10-6 and own the tie-breaker on us based on AFC record, so yes, it is true.

That's absurd.

Ties should not count as wins at all. The benefit of a tie lies in the fact that you didn't get a loss. If you want credit for a win, win.

I know this has probably been the way they always have done it, but geez I never knew that, and I hate it.

I have complete confidence that we'll beat the Pats. This Raiders game scares me more. Losing to the Raidazzz would throw my Pats prediction out out, due to team spirit being broken. But beat Oak and I have no doubt we'll beat the patsies.

I have complete confidence that we'll beat the Pats. This Raiders game scares me more. Losing to the Raidazzz would throw my Pats prediction out out, due to team spirit being broken. But beat Oak and I have no doubt we'll beat the patsies.

It would be a Buffalo Billian move to lose to the Raiders this season.

If we got to the game in NE at 9-6 with a need to win and chance to be in (with a bit of help), I think that would be awesome. I don't care how "unlikely" it is for us to win, it would effectively be a playoff game. It was also unlikely that we'd beat Green Bay. I think this particular team, with this defense, could show up in NE hungry and on fire. It's been freaking forever since the last game in the season meant anything!

The NFL Buddy System: How One Team Helps Another Make the Playoffs

Buffalo Bills

Playoff Odds: 5 percent (5 percent wild card)

The Bills kept their slim playoff hopes alive Sunday with a comprehensive victory over the Packers, but it’s going to take a far bigger miracle to get Buffalo into the playoffs. The Bills are playing well enough to justify a trip to the postseason, but they have an awful conference record (4-6) and have lost games to the Texans, Chiefs, and Chargers, who would be their rivals in the wild-card race.

What does a Buffalo playoff berth look like? Obviously, it includes winning out, including a victory over the Patriots in Week 17. It can go a number of different and unlikely ways from there, but the Bills can even make it all the way up to the 5-seed if they’re the only team in the wild-card pool with 10 wins, which requires the Ravens losing twice.

I don't think they'll make it because I don't see them beating the Patriots. I think a lot of those teams they need to lose will lose though....

make the WC or not. I still want the Bills D to make Cinderfella F-Bomb Brady look pedestrian.

Why do you think that they will not beat the Patriots*? What are you most concerned about?

the last decade of losing to them?!?!?!

please clarify

you might have meant that they've never won at Gillette... they did win in Foxboro - Foxboro stadium and Gillette Stadium are different.

moot point.. some things change others don't. While GB has not won in Buffalo I thought I read where there was a time the Bills had never won in Chicago either well until EJ defeated them.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

moot point.. some things change others don't. While GB has not won in Buffalo I thought I read where there was a time the Bills had never won in Chicago either well until EJ defeated them.

A win against the Pats*, on the road, to end the season, with a QB like Orton, will be monumental for this Bills franchise. After that, even if the Bills don't make the playoffs due to math, I would truly consider it a successful season.

But, if there is anything like a 'trap' game, the one against the Raiders is it.