Can we get some screens, sweeps, counters?

Virgil

I have no problem with the amount we are running the ball. But I do have a problem with how obvious we are with it. I can't remember the last counter, screen, or sweep we ran. I get it, NFL defenders are fast, but c'mon.

Screens offset the blitz and pressure

Counters prevent over-pursuing

Sweeps mix up the run defensive looks

The Pats made us look stupid with all the misdirection. We are very transparent with our playcalling. Fortunately, we have some real playmakers getting it done for us.

We won by 20!

I saw Dixon split wide again today and was very confused again today. If we are going to split a RB out wide it should be Brown. And it should have been Spiller all season long!

We ran more sweeps with Goodwin, and we have seen some screens but oddly to guys like The Tank. I don't get it.

With this OL you want screens with immobile OGs, and longer developing run plays? Not great ideas IMO.

As I recall, Urbik was pretty good on screens, as was Wood.

But what about WR screens too? Guys like Woods and Mike Williams could be effective downfield blockers. And Watkins is a monster running screens.

As I recall, Urbik was pretty good on screens, as was Wood.

But what about WR screens too? Guys like Woods and Mike Williams could be effective downfield blockers. And Watkins is a monster running screens.

WR screens could be effective. No RB screens that count on the OGs getting out in space to make blocks.

I have no problem with the amount we are running the ball. But I do have a problem with how obvious we are with it. I can't remember the last counter, screen, or sweep we ran. I get it, NFL defenders are fast, but c'mon.

The Pats made us look stupid with all the misdirection. We are very transparent with our playcalling. Fortunately, we have some real playmakers getting it done for us.

We won by 20!

I don't think we have the guards for that. Pretty sad. I was calling for those also but we do not have any pulling guards who can run

No all we can do is run straight ahead for 2 yards. Do that twice then pass. That's our offense apparently

That's exactly what I'm seeing. As others have said, we need some variety, misdirection, sweeps. screens, end arounds, etc. Why not a quick pass on 1st down or some play action. Do something different!

We won by 20!

100% Agree!!!

I don't think we have the guards for that. Pretty sad. I was calling for those also but we do not have any pulling guards who can run

You and 26 might be right re this. But I recall that we were a really effective screen team when chan was here, and the right side of that line was wood, Urbik, and pears. I think the left side, with Levitre, was better-- but we ran screens pretty effectively on both sides.

Just don't think we should abandon the idea simply because the guards are slow.

Our screens are pathetic...

We get 3 OL out in front with all kinds of space and only 1 defender in front, and the 3 OL block nobody or whiff and the 1 defender makes the tackle...its happened multiple times this year, and I'm assuming its why they haven't tried one lately

We won by 20!

May be Nate forgot that he is not in Pre-season anymore and that he has to stop playing the Vanilla stuff :nana:

This group of WR's is supposed to be good at downfield blocking. In today's NFL even Peyton throws three or more WR screens a game. It is the new running game. Also Nate's father helped perfect the FB flat pass which is good for 5 yards every time. Sometimes the game is really as easy as Madden makes it out to be. Just watch the other games. Teams successfully run out of shotgun all the time. They spread the ball out to their playmakers. The players know how to run these plays. They have been doing it since HS. They know how to sneak through small cracks and beat small DB's - after which there is a lot of room to run.

But we know nothing and we never will.....

We won by 20!

Good call man.