I'm sick of the old (relatively speaking) QB dinosaur record hold

patfitz

Who really cares if Peyton Manning beat Brett Favre's TD record? If you do, think ahead in about a decade or two or three, besides a forgotten stat in a crusty NFL statistics book, few will recall this "momentous achivement". Flash back to Johhny U. (only us aged fans may remember him) or for you young ones.maybe it is, Dan Marino,yeah some of us who lived duiring their heyday may recognize their names, and each of them held records at one time or another, but they were or will be eventualy surpassed, as will this latest incarnation of record holders. Take solace at least they had their day in the limelight and in a wink of an eye a new "old" new hero will be thrust upon us. And so it goes. I wonder if they kept stats at the Roman Games!

Who really cares if Peyton Manning beat Brett Favre's TD record? If you do, think ahead in about a decade or two or three, besides a forgotten stat in a crusty NFL statistics book, few will recall this "momentous achivement". Flash back to Johhny U. (only us aged fans may remember him) or for you young ones.maybe it is, Dan Marino,yeah some of us who lived duiring their heyday may recognize their names, and each of them held records at one time or another, but they were or will be eventualy surpassed, as will this latest incarnation of record holders. Take solace at least they had their day in the limelight and in a wink of an eye a new "old" new hero will be thrust upon us. And so it goes. I wonder if they kept stats at the Roman Games!

"Most TD Passes in a Career" isn't an inconsequential stat for cocktail party conversation....it's akin to Homeruns in baseball and Points in Basketball. Manning will hold this record for awhile.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_td_career.htm

These records are demonstrative that these types of QB's only come along once in a blue moon. And we wonder why so many teams strike out at QB so much. These types are rare.

Ya know, after reading this I've decided to coin a phrase. I realize that this phrase doesn't rise to the levels of the Smarty Jones one, but, I am hoping that it does catch on. It is registered and copyrighted so please don't use it unless you send me a nickle.

Are you ready for it?

"Records are made to be broken."

Ya know, after reading this I've decided to coin a phrase. I realize that this phrase doesn't rise to the levels of the Smarty Jones one, but, I am hoping that it does catch on. It is registered and copyrighted so please don't use it unless you send me a nickle.

Are you ready for it?

"Records are made to be broken."

I don't doubt you....but I could have sworn I heard that somewhere before.

So, OP are you into this everybody is a winner in little league. Or it doesn't matter if you win or loose as long as you have fun. When I used to coach little league I hated that attitude. Ask the kids if it mattered if they loose. No one wants to loose and everybody should strive to do their best. This is why we record records. My daughter is a Freshman swimmer in High School. She is looking to set pool records. Should I instruct her to not set those goals?

Push for your best in everything you do!

So, OP are you into this everybody is a winner in little league. Or it doesn't matter if you win or loose as long as you have fun. When I used to coach little league I hated that attitude. Ask the kids if it mattered if they loose. No one wants to loose and everybody should strive to do their best. This is why we record records. My daughter is a Freshman swimmer in High School. She is looking to set pool records. Should I instruct her to not set those goals?

This^

I used to hate getting a participation trophy. I showed up so I get a trophy? Even at age 8 I thought that didn't make sense

Good for her! Go girl! Swimming is a great sport.

I, along with my three teammates, held the school record in the medley relay...for one year.

I was kinda pissed when I found out that my greatest sports achievement only stayed up on that record board until the net year.

Edited by THE KIKO MONSTER

Hmm....what would you think of the record if it was Buffalo's QB breaking it?

Good for her! Go girl! Swimming is a great sport.

I, along with my three teammates, held the school record in the medley relay...for one year.

I was kinda pissed when I found out that my greatest sports achievement only stayed up on that record board until the net year.

I cant stand the football and base ball players when they say "oh swimming isn't a sport" Id like them to swim 10,000 yards a day for practice!

I cant stand the football and base ball players when they say "oh swimming isn't a sport" Id like them to swim 10,000 yards a day for practice!

Same goes for soccer. I played all 4 sports and the year I did soccer and swimming I ended up in the best shape of my life for baseball season.

Do you have a point?