The "experts" take - Bills at NYets

CodeMonkey

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The way I see it - these experts have a lot of speaking points that are valid. But, these Jets lost a very emotional game last week, one they probably looked at and looked forward to for more then simple week leading up to the game. With all that they have going on - with Vick taking snaps just two weeks ago, Rex being on the firing line waiting for his number to be called - it could be very emotional.

That being said, our defense is not likely to give up a lot of points to this team and we have to expect at least two turnovers the way we have been playing and 2 or 3 sacks. The Jets line is good, though, otherwise I'd expect more. It comes down to offense and what we can do and because of what we CAN do it makes me think we may come out of this with several TD's on the board. With Orton in the pocket and his composure intact he can easily toss it to our WR's time and time again, pick up first downs to the dinks and dunks to Hogan and Chandler, find Woods outside and MWilliams, too, find Watkins down field and find Goodwin in the end zone. We don't need 3 TE's this game, we need 2 TE's and WR's with fresh legs running snap after snap after snap.

I would just as soon start this game with Gragg and Chandler at TE without Smith and then use an extra OL to block as a TE.

Experts may have this one wrong, with all due respect to New Jersey.

I hoping for a nice surprise from Bryce Brown finally getting to play.

Me too Promo. He really did look good in preseason. I would love for him to surprise people and take over this game. I am not saying the he will do it; I am saying that its possible.

Also, if this kid is as good as I suspect, there are long range implications. Spiller is a big cap hit next year if he is on the team. Brown is not. This team needs cash to re-sign a bunch of good football players.

Exciting times in the state of NY, wouldn't you say?

I heard Thurman say on the JMS that the Bills' players were pissed about being underdogs to the Jets.

They should be. Prove them wrong, then. I heard Jason Babin interviewed yesterday and they asked him about the Bills, he knew nothing. It makes me wonder if he is even paying attention in their meetings? He said he didn't even know who was going to be playing at RB. He said "they must have a little something" to have won 4 games. Edited by YoloinOhio

If we can get some pressure on Smith early on to keep him out of rythm, not turn the ball over, and the OL does their job we should win this game. I am expecting another BIG day out of Sammy Watkins against that poor Jets secondary.

are you kidding me? How is Rex MILES better than Marrone? I agree that Marrone is a buffoon at times but Rex Ryan is a complete mockery of a head coach. I've got Bills winning 17-10.

Marrone and every other coach we've had for the past decade. For starters take a look at Ryan's record against the Bills.

Everyone I've heard on NY sports radio is convinced the Jets come out with some fire and win this game.

I think it's definitely a game to take the points; both sides have great defensive fronts and a lot of other questions. If the Bills can keep Ivory in check and not let the pass rush get to KO, they should win.

All I know is the last time we played them(as 2 point underdogs at home), the game was over by early third quarter when we lead 34-7!

and the Jests were coming off a bye week, we were without both starting WRs, EJ was at the helm, and that was back when the Jests had actual CBs. Edited by YoloinOhio

Rex Ryan is a complete mockery of a head coach.

Rex Ryan got within 1 game of the Super Bowl twice with Mark freakin' Sanchez as his quarterback. Think about that for a minute. He even beat Brady at Gillette the 2nd time to get there.

Rex shoots his mouth off and acts like a buffoon most of the time, but the guy is a great head coach.