What will they do about this horrid O-line?

Rubes

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got killed on TBD when I ripped the hiring of Pat Morris. The guy is past his prime as an offensive line coach.

The OL's substandard play is just as much of an indictment on Marrone since it's supposed to be an area of expertise for him coupled with the fact that he's been very much hands-on. It's "obviously" the worst unit on the team. Marrone should have been moved to action well before now, but has shown himself to be very stubborn in the face of this failed experiment.

It would be a HUGE mistake to make wholesale changes on this O line.....

The guards are the majority of the problem....this is where they need to concentrate their efforts

Seantrel Henderson should be kept right where he is....he is a rookie ROT who has shown great flashes of being a good player......rookies will have ups and downs.

It would be a HUGE mistake to make wholesale changes on this O line.....

The guards are the majority of the problem....this is where they need to concentrate their efforts

Seantrel Henderson should be kept right where he is....he is a rookie ROT who has shown great flashes of being a good player......rookies will have ups and downs.

Not so sure I agree with you on Seantrel, John. I think he has a good future in the league, but I think he needs more time to learn and practice. In the meantime, we need someone like Pears or Hairston to get back there and keep people off Orton. Henderson's becoming too much of a liability.

Probably have to stick with the rookies at this point because they should get better with more experience and nfl workouts. Pears on the other hand is terrible in my opinion and is better fit to be a backup and depth. Like many of the regulars have already said Urbik must of slept with the coaches wife or something to be getting zero playing time.

It seems to me that if you're going to be held responsible for the success or failure of the offense, you should have total control over the offense, including who is going to start on the O-line, so my question to anyone around here who might know the answer, is this the case with Hackett? Is he the guy who's sitting Urbik? Is he the one who's stubbornly insisting on continuing the zone blocking scheme that's clearly not working? Is it Hackett who decides that Hogan starts over Williams?

There has to be at least one guy out there on a practice squad, a back up they could trade a low pick for, or a final cut veteran that still wants to play, that would be some kind of improvement.

Just bring a couple in, and try to get one ready for after the bye.

I know they tried to get a practice squad guy, but the team moved him to the roster. Hopefully, they are still looking.

I think you'll see major changes at the bye week.

I am NOT looking forward to seeing what Rex cooks up with that front seven of his next week. They have to be salivating.

GO BILLS!!!

It really has the making of a potential nightmare...

Do like me...Set your expectations so low there will be no way they can under-perform them... ;)

At what point do we need to have faith that the coaches are doing the best they can with what they got. The idea that some guys are playing so bad that the guys on the bench must be better seems a little nuts.

I am not a Doug fan at all but if he thought that benching someone would give him a better chance to win he would do it. The problem is they thought they brought a guy in to play guard and he was never healthy and now on IR.

At this point I dont understand why they wont kick the Incognito tires, as much of a dink that he is he would be an upgrade. I think you can get away with 1 bad guard but no chance with 2.

At what point do we need to have faith that the coaches are doing the best they can with what they got. The idea that some guys are playing so bad that the guys on the bench must be better seems a little nuts.

Except we've all seen Ubrik play competently at the guard position before, as recently as last year. Marrone's rational for keeping him off the field is because it's more important to have a back up for Wood than it is to start Ubrik at his natural position.

So I would say the point we start to have faith that they're doing all they can is when the coaches, in fact, do all they can.

I was disappointed when I heard Joe B. say on WGR this morning that Incognito has basically been blacklisted by the NFL so there's no chance the Bills sign him. I think it's the single most productive move we could make right now. I don't really care how much of a nutjob he is, he'd only be a 9 game rental until we can address the position during next offseason.

It really has the making of a potential nightmare...

Do like me...Set your expectations so low there will be no way they can under-perform them... ;)

My expectations flat-lined weeks ago. But you make a good point.

Rex Ryan is going to bring his patented overload blitz packages and I have no doubt Orton will recognize what side they're coming from and can put us in the right play to counter.

I have NO confidence our OLine will be able to do the same.

GO BILLS!!!

Except we've all seen Ubrik play competently at the guard position before, as recently as last year. Marrone's rational for keeping him off the field is because it's more important to have a back up for Wood than it is to start Ubrik at his natural position.

So I would say the point we start to have faith that they're doing all they can is when the coaches, in fact, do all they can.

I think your right with Urbek and though I will deny saying it some day, I long to have Williams back at LG. Anyone know how far away he is from returning? Low mediocre OG play is better than what we have today!

If someone needs more evidence the front office is not very capable, both in college and pro scouting, it's how they've handled the OL. Aside from QB, it's an area they've tremendously botched.

Signing Chris Williams in UFA (and his history of back problems) along with drafting Kouandjio in the 2nd round are why they're forced to start 2 rookies and an out of position (who should be out of the NFL) Erik Pears.

There isn't much to do now. Richardson isn't ready to play (most 5th rounders aren't), Pears isn't a guard, and Henderson needs more time, which the Bills don't have.

I think Marrone has clearly overestimated his OL coaching skills. Because, as we learned with Mouse McNally, even good coaching can't solve a lack of talent.

Rinehart wanted to follow D'Alessandris to San Diego. We had no chance of keeping him.

GO BILLS!!!

!!

This is actually right. It gets old the number of posters who keep bringing up Rinehart's name. A second string guard who didn't want to be here. Bills were willing to offer him a contract. Get over it, please !!