Tom Brady Intentional Grounding

PO'14

post-16289-0-45297500-1413550728_thumb.png

The ball is at the 20 yard line ( below the A from 2nd & Goal ), the receiver is 5 yards away on a straight line ( but is probably 7-8 yards on the angle ) and still running.

Enjoy

Edited by PO'14

Intentional grounding is INTENTIONAL GROUNDING. He threw away knowing there was a defender on his back. He came within 7 yards of the receiver. What is the rule? Within 10 yards? There will always be someone in the area.

Intentional grounding is INTENTIONAL GROUNDING. He threw away knowing there was a defender on his back. He came within 7 yards of the receiver. What is the rule? Within 10 yards? There will always be someone in the area.

That is my thought on intentional grounding. Many times you see a QB throw it away on purpose. Even if a receiver is in the area, you can clearly see no attempt or intention to actually get it to the receiver. However, I don't want to open the rule up to any more arbitrary discretion from the officials than it already is.

Refs do what they can to help the Patriots win. I never really bought into that until this past Sunday's Bills game. I'm now convinced.

Refs helping the Patriots on the blocked fg last night:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153326026808009&set=vb.618438008&typ%20e=2&theater

The commentators last night, several NFL types on Twitter and even Doug Marrone this morning said that the refs do this stuff all the time. They help make sure guys are lined up properly if they can.

Actually , intentional grounding does not have any yardage threshold . It's a judgement call that ref needs to make . He has to decide if there was a realistic chance of making the completion .

There was a play earlier which was clear IG. He was in the pocket, had pressure bearing down, and threw the ball out of bounds.

I didnt see that one. But I know against the BIlls I thought he did 2 times as well. I have Gamepass, I just dont have the patience to go through the game and look at it.

The refs were the main reason we lost to the Pats. I was stunned not one person was pissed about this on this board after the game.

Instead it was the same reaction after almost every loss. These coaches suck, spiller sucks, our d sucks, hackett sucks on and on....

I think you missed this one twobillsdrive whiners.

The refs were the main reason we lost to the Pats. I was stunned not one person was pissed about this on this board after the game.

Instead it was the same reaction after almost every loss. These coaches suck, spiller sucks, our d sucks, hackett sucks on and on....

I was too pissed to even post about it. I'm now 100% convinced anyone that plays the Patriots has to play the Pats as well as the refs.

This is one of the most ridiculous statements that I've seen. Main reason? Our vaunted Defense which couldn't make a stop when needed to get the ball back is more than likely the BIGGEST reason we lost.

post-16289-0-45297500-1413550728_thumb.png

The ball is at the 20 yard line ( below the A from 2nd & Goal ), the receiver is 5 yards away on a straight line ( but is probably 7-8 yards on the angle ) and still running.

Enjoy

I cant exactly tell from the photo you posted, but if the ball is under the 2nd and goal, then the pass would not have gone past the line of scrimmage and should have been Int. Grounding.

PS it is funny to see this board finally realizing this stuff. I have been saying it for 10 years. No one ever agreed with me until this year.

I cant exactly tell from the photo you posted, but if the ball is under the 2nd and goal, then the pass would not have gone past the line of scrimmage and should have been Int. Grounding.

PS it is funny to see this board finally realizing this stuff. I have been saying it for 10 years. No one ever agreed with me until this year.

Maybe because you have only been posting here for 2 years?

This is one of the most ridiculous statements that I've seen. Main reason? Our vaunted Defense which couldn't make a stop when needed to get the ball back is more than likely the BIGGEST reason we lost.

I agree with him. It was one of the main reasons we lost to them. Several of those penalties totally changed the direction of the game.

I think the more obvious assistance from the refs was when they physically alerted a Pats* defender that he was lined up illegally over the long snapper on the final field goal attempt! rather than calling the penalty. Blatant and inexcusable favoritism as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed. There's a huge difference between giving a nod to a WR as to whether he is lined up on the line of scrimmage or not and preventing a HUGE penalty at the most critical point in a very important divisional game.

I was too pissed to even post about it. I'm now 100% convinced anyone that plays the Patriots has to play the Pats as well as the refs.

They are now 32-0 at Gillette Stadium against AFC teams in the regular season. That's more than just being a great team. That's the team of the most influential owner in the league getting beneficial call after beneficial call at critical moments, as well as being a great team for an extended period.

Hey Peter,,,the ball crossed the line of scrimmage by 1 yard. But the player was about 7-8 yards away. I slow motioned the video and Brady never looks at the receiver, He actually closes his eyes while throwing cuz he knows the hit is coming. I wish I was better at technology cuz I would have that Image of him with his eyes closed while the defender is about to get him posted on here.

They are now 32-0 at Gillette Stadium against AFC teams in the regular season. That's more than just being a great team. That's the team of the most influential owner in the league getting beneficial call after beneficial call at critical moments, as well as being a great team for an extended period.

I never believed that before. I thought it was coincidence that the Patriots always seemed to get lucky calls. Not anymore.

All I had to do was ask myself "How many times have I heard national broadcasters say that the Bills got robbed on a call?" The answer was quite a few. Then I asked myself "How many times have I heard national broadcasters say the Patriots got robbed on a call?" The answer was never.

People claiming the Patriots are the most penalized team in the league obviously aren't watching when these penalties occur. If someone were to take the time to actually break down penalties for the Pats and their opponents and rate them as either "relatively insignificant" IE. holding on 1st & 10, or as "significant/game-changing" IE. PI bringing back a 20+ yard catch or anything giving them an automatic 1st after a 3rd down I bet the results would show obvious bias.

Edited by TheBillsWillRiseAgain

So the Pats being the most penalized team in the league this year proves this how?

If you look at the Bills game, they get little calls at generally non critical times. The Bills get crushing call after crushing call, esp when playing them. It's almost as if to make it look less obvious what is going on.

I never believed that before. I thought it was coincidence that the Patriots always seemed to get lucky calls. Not anymore.

All I had to do was ask myself "How many times have I heard national broadcasters say that the Bills got robbed on a call?" The answer was quite a few. Then I asked myself "How many times have I heard national broadcasters say the Patriots got robbed on a call?" The answer was never.

I know. It's becoming so obvious to fans of the other 31 teams. I just wish something could be done about it. But there is no doubt in my mind Kraft's influence plays a role in helping the Pats stay in the limelight every year.

Edited by ko12010

If you look at the Bills game, they get little calls at generally non critical times. The Bills get crushing call after crushing call, esp when playing them. It's almost as if to make it look less obvious what is going on.

I know. It's becoming so obvious to fans of the other 31 teams. I just wish something could be done about it.

C'mon man. that is just not true. They are averaging the 2nd most yards penalized per game. The most penalties per game. They are at -208 yds for the season in penalty yards gained V lost.

What does that have to do with WHEN the penalties occur?

Exactly. In the Bills/Pats game, the Pats ended up with 1 more total penalty and what roughly half the yards. 60 to 110 or something. But did you hear any announcer question ANY one of those Pats calls? No, but the Bills calls became national news (almost). The timing of the penalties is far far more important.

My god, this thread is just full of pathetic whining, it's not fair, wahhhhhhh. We lost because we were outcoached, and when our D was needed to make a play we couldn't make it. Penalties hurt, but they hurt every team. In fact in the game the Pats had a TD called back on a penalty and what did they do? Went back down and scored. Why? Because thats what good teams do. Right now, that's not the mentality and mental toughness that this team has, but it needs to get.

More than half of the Patriots penalties this season have only been for 5 yards.

Meanwhile, they're ranked 1st in the league as the beneficiary of the most defensive pass interference calls called against their opponents and have the 2nd most beneficial calls for offensive pass interference against their opponents.

If people can't see how much of a difference those two groups of penalties can make for a team I don't know what else to tell them.

My god, this thread is just full of pathetic whining, it's not fair, wahhhhhhh. We lost because we were outcoached, and when our D was needed to make a play we couldn't make it. Penalties hurt, but they hurt every team. In fact in the game the Pats had a TD called back on a penalty and what did they do? Went back down and scored. Why? Because thats what good teams do. Right now, that's not the mentality and mental toughness that this team has, but it needs to get.

I think this is just as much 'pathetic whining' as what anyone else has said in this thread.

More than half of the Patriots penalties this season have only been for 5 yards.

Meanwhile, they're ranked 1st in the league as the beneficiary of the most defensive pass interference calls called against their opponents and have the 2nd most beneficial calls for offensive pass interference against their opponents.

If people can't see how much of a difference those two groups of penalties can make for a team I don't know what else to tell them.

Well people like MarkAF are why this stuff continues to happen. It's this attitude that there's simply no possible way the refs are doing this that just keeps the status quo. I don't think anyone would try to argue that we are not routinely outcoached by Belicheck, but this bias is real and the evidence is there. Open your eyes. It's actually quite obvious.

Edited by ko12010

I absolutely hate them. I hate Brady. He is a whiny little punk. He has benefited tremendously from having one of the best coaches of all time along with playing in a comically bad division for the majority of his career. That said......

This wasn't intentional grounding. There is clearly a receiver in the area. As for the accuracy of the throw that can't be taken into account as he is being hit. It could alter the flight/path/direction of the ball. I was okay with this non call. The PI that was drawn to get them down to the goal line however was absolutely ridiculous. It appears after watching more games of the team than I care to that if everyone is covered, instead of throwing the ball away, Brady will heave a bomb and hope for pass interference. It disgustingly works very well for them. It also is disgustingly brilliant. Just something I noticed...

And lastast season, the Patriots had the 2nd most defensive pass interference penalties called against their opponents and the 3rd most offensive pass interference penalties called on their opponents in the entire league.

Here's your smoking gun.

All I know is that it seems like any time a New England WR or Dlineman hits the turf, they are given the benefit of the doubt and the flags come out. Couldn't be that feet got tangled up or a lineman from one of the lowly teams that dare step up to the Pats* ACTUALLY got a clean pancake.

And lastast season, the Patriots had the 2nd most defensive pass interference penalties called against their opponents and the 3rd most offensive pass interference penalties called on their opponents in the entire league.

Must be the dominant physical specimens they trot out there at WR that are virtually uncoverable.

I was typing my response so I posted before seeing this but it does indeed go along with what I thought I was seeing. Good Research!

To piggyback this, this is why you can't just look at the amount of penalties. 5 yard penalties on first down against the offense are not the same as automatic first down penalties against the defense on 3rd or 4th down.

I think this is just as much 'pathetic whining' as what anyone else has said in this thread.

Well people like MarkAF are why this stuff continues to happen. It's this attitude that there's simply no possible way the refs are doing this that just keeps the status quo. I don't think anyone would try to argue that we are not routinely outcoaches by Belicheck, but this bias is real and the evidence is there. Open your eyes. It's actually quite obvious.

Actually, if you've read anything I've said in regards to the officials, I've recommended that the officials are not part time employees as they currently are, and that their evaluations and scores from each game are made public for the fans to be able to see to clear up and show transparency that the officials aren't getting away with anything.

And for anyone to sit there and say the #1 reason we lost last week was because of the officiating is taking a cop out and giving our team a pass when the fact is that they didn't deserve to win that game, not even close.

Agreed...

The refs did not help mind you...

But we had our chances to make plays...Especially on Defense...Plus the turnovers on Offense were huge...

So let me break it down all in one post:

-The Patriots are "the most penalized team in the league" so far this year but more than half of their penalties are 5-yarders.

-So far this season, they've had more defensive pass interference penalties called against their opponents than any team in the league.

-So far this season, they've had the second most offensive pass interference penalties called against their opponents of any team in the league.

-Last season, they had the second most defensive pass interference penalties called against their opponents of any team in the league.

-Last season, they had the third most offensive pass interference penalties called against their opponents of any team in the league.

-In 2012, they had the second most defensive pass interference penalties called on opponents out of any team in the entire league.

Yeah, that seems like a total coincidence.

See for yourselves: http://www.nflpenalt...iots?&year=2014

Edited by TheBillsWillRiseAgain

Actually, if you've read anything I've said in regards to the officials, I've recommended that the officials are not part time employees as they currently are, and that their evaluations and scores from each game are made public for the fans to be able to see to clear up and show transparency that the officials aren't getting away with anything.

And for anyone to sit there and say the #1 reason we lost last week was because of the officiating is taking a cop out and giving our team a pass when the fact is that they didn't deserve to win that game, not even close.

I agree with this fully. But the timing of our penalties and the crushing nature of them EVERY time we play the Patriots is, imo, one of the main reasons we lose to them. And especially lately, as we've closed the talent gap, and I believe we've actually overtaken them in that regard. Blame it all on coaching, lack of heart, etc, but I disagree.