Week 7 predictions: Vikings @ Bills

YoloinOhio

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Situationally, this is a very similar game to the one Gailey/Fitz lost 35-34 to Tennessee and Matt Hasselbeck in 2012. The Bills were 3-3 going into that game and most people saw a home game against the Titans as an assumed W.

I fully expect Buffalo to win this game handily. But a win will not prove much - it will just be "4-3 and on to the Jets." A surprise home loss = same old same old.

Edited by Flip Johnson

I actually see a beatdown this Sunday. The Vikes OL is not good and Bridgewater is a rookie QB facing a very, very, very talented Bills DL. I'm not sure anything else matters (DONT SAY REFS!). Expect to see the Vikes run, run, run, screen, draw, run, play action, run and run some more. If and when they have to pass regularly the game is likely over for them. The Bills offense just has to be decent, stick what they do best and protect the ball. No getting cute. Ditto specials.

I fully expect Buffalo to win this game handily. But a win will not prove much - it will just be "4-3 and on to the Jets." A surprise home loss = same old same old.

This is exactly how I feel. I don't think that I will be all excited about beating up on a bad football team at home. It's just one of the boxes that you have to check. If they lose it is a nightmare and if they win it is expected.

it depends on how many BS calls the refs call against Buffalo.

I have a feeling we will GET some BS calls our way.

I smell a blowout here. I'm thinking that the Vikes will turn the ball over a couple of times and the Bills win this something like 31-17. Since both offenses are terrible though I could also see 24-10.

Bills look like a 21 point offense with KO. Bills front four is very good, maybe even front 7. The secondary is a major weakness. Throw in the x- factor type mobility that Bridgewater showed vs Atlanta, and you have the recipe for a patented Bills flop. A home game vs an opponent you should beat. You know, the kind that good teams win methodically. This team cannot run the Ball and the pass D may just be a reason that run D is so much better on paper. I see Patterson roasting this secondary for some reason. Hope I am wrong. This game could be a microcosmic view into recent Bills miscues. Would they be a better team with say, Patterson and Bridgwater plus next years first instead of Manuel and Watkins? A loss here would truly look very bad for Whaley, Marrone and co. Hope I'm wrong.

Vikings 27

Bills 21

Bills 24-17

Lacy ran all over these guys a few weeks ago and have to think the Bills offensive line is as good as the Packers. Between Dixon and Fred, they can run with power. As the Vikes safeties come up, should open some big shots down the field for Sammy and Goodwin.

The Bills D should hold up against the run but Bridgewater is a good player and can make some plays already.

As always turnovers are key but the Bills should be able to beat the Vikings at home right now or it would be a bad sign....

PFT’s Week Seven picks

Vikings at Bills

MDS’s take: Teddy Bridgewater is a talented young quarterback, but he struggled mightily when the Lions brought inside pressure on Sunday, and the Bills have the personnel to get the same kind of inside pressure against the Vikings. Bridgewater is going to have another tough game in another Vikings loss.

MDS’s pick: Bills 20, Vikings 10.

Florio’s take: It took a week longer than the new owners had hoped, but the Bills get the first win of the Pegula era against the Purple Paste Eaters.

Florio’s pick: Bills 24, Vikings 10.