Time to shake things up on offense.

It's time to see what RB B. Brown can do.

Use Spiller as more of a wide-out or to catch short passes out of the backfield in space rather than handing him the ball and watching him dance for a 3 yd loss more times than not.

Get WR M. Williams on the field instead of Goodwin, who is frail and weak.

Why play guys like L. Smith and Gragg so much like we did vs the Pats?? MW and Hogan are both better players.

Use Hairston as part of an unbalanced line at times to beef up the running game and provide max protection at times to get the ball to Watkins/Woods.

It's up to Marrone/Hackett/Downing to figure this stuff out.

If you put the 5 best and most skilled players on the field Lee Smith and many others would not get on the field.

CJ Spiller would get on the field. He may be at split end or somewhere not in the backfield, but he'd be on the field. His best position is not in the backfield, even though he seems to prefer it there. Than again, maybe he is just scared of the line of scrimmage.

5 best skillset players = Fred Jackson, Sammy Watkins, Mike Williams, Robert Woods and Scott Chandler.

The only place Williams should be playing after his shenanigans is on another team.

what did he do, exactly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFZG8KQJni8

It's time to see what RB B. Brown can do.

Use Spiller as more of a wide-out or to catch short passes out of the backfield in space rather than handing him the ball and watching him dance for a 3 yd loss more times than not.

Get WR M. Williams on the field instead of Goodwin, who is frail and weak.

Why play guys like L. Smith and Gragg so much like we did vs the Pats?? MW and Hogan are both better players.

Use Hairston as part of an unbalanced line at times to beef up the running game and provide max protection at times to get the ball to Watkins/Woods.

It's up to Marrone/Hackett/Downing to figure this stuff out.

I would like to see us play faster with lots of movements trying to get Cj and sammie ideal matchups

Marrone and Hackett are screwing up big time with this Lee Smith nonsense. It hurts us about five different ways, every game.

He has no business on any NFL roster. Why take a potential weapon away from Orton? I am not sold on Orton but he has been more accurate. Lee Smith and Gragg bring nothing. Spiller, Goodwin, and M. Williams bring big play potential. I think Spiller sucks but he is still a better option than a three TE set. What the hell era is Marrone and Hackett playing in?

Marrone and Hackett are screwing up big time with this Lee Smith nonsense. It hurts us about five different ways, every game.

His backup saving grace that will keep him here just a shade above others - he is a very good long snapper. Like, he could probably start at long snapper.

edit: Even as long snapper he'd probably false start.

Edited by jboyst62

I would like to see us play faster with lots of movements trying to get Cj and sammie ideal matchups

I think that slowing down the offense added to EJM's struggles. Defenses were able to change personnel and call more complex defensive attacks.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Doesn't matter who's on the field. We have so many talented players. I've been waiting to see how this season unfolded but I'm convinced now that these guys are being throttled by the coaching philosophy. This staff is (has become?) ultra-conservative and has zero creativity on offense. When they initially came in all they talked about was how innovative and aggressive they were going to be on offense. Instead they're now the usual let's try to keep it close and hope we can pull out a win at the end mode. Afraid of their own shadows, a philosophy they they then forced on a young qb who is now in limbo. No idea how to use CJ (wtf?).

Just have never understood that mentality. We've been losing for years - why not be aggressive in your mindset - open things up - go for it once in a while from the opposing 40. Was it just me or did i see Orton yell at the sideline to keep the punt team back on 4th down late in the game down 2 scores. Yes, i think Marrone was going to punt. Orton hit the pass, engineered a touchdown and 2 point conversion and made it a game again. The players are fine. They're being stifled by Jauron II.

Oh and did I forget to mention I love the 1 yard pass on 3rd and 3.

If you put the 5 best and most skilled players on the field Lee Smith and many others would not get on the field.

CJ Spiller would get on the field. He may be at split end or somewhere not in the backfield, but he'd be on the field. His best position is not in the backfield, even though he seems to prefer it there. Than again, maybe he is just scared of the line of scrimmage.

5 best skillset players = Fred Jackson, Sammy Watkins, Mike Williams, Robert Woods and Scott Chandler.

what did he do, exactly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFZG8KQJni8

:worthy:

Classic