Orton is mediocre

papazoid

I stand corrected. Let me be more specific I'll call it 10 points.

read what the media, even the game announcers have said

three first-half turnovers that led to all 13 of the Patriots' points

http://www.syracuse....still_lose.html

Bottom line: The Bills committed three turnovers in the first half, and the Patriots converted them into 13 points. Kyle Orton threw and interception and lost a fumble. C.J. Spiller also coughed one up.

http://bills.buffalo...ts-37-bills-22/

I think that everyone who had repsonded to your previous posts already pointed out that "bottom line" to you. But thanks.

You should really watch these games yourself. Go find some one with cable TV. Or maybe a bar....

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I hope you're right. I just can't get there.

I think we split with the Jets and we should be the Raiders (although we are playing there and they are not likely to go 0-16.

Other than that rest of the games will be tough.

We should be able to beat either Minnesota or KC, I doubt we beat both.

Cleveland is going to be a difficult game, since it's home I think we have a shot.

Denver, GB and NE are all guaranteed losses.

So, we beat Jets, Raiders, and Minnesota,

Lose to Miami, Jets, NE, GB, KC and Denver.

That leaves the Cleveland game. a win gets us to 7 total.

I had us going 8-8 prior to the season starting and at this point I had us at 2-4 with losses vs. Bears, Chargers, Lions, & Pats. I had us going into bye at 3-5. So if we're able to go into bye at 4-4 or at 5-3 that'd be awesome IMO.

yes I do

I do too. If you look at his career trajectory he's played really well when given the opportunity to start on a weekly basis. The guy had awesome numbers in Denver and the only reason he left was b/c of the Tebow disaster. Then in Dallas he was behind Romo so nobody expected him to start there.

His years in Denver were almost exact replicas of Flacco's seasons (stats wise). Yes, that was a few years ago, but it's not like he's crashed and failed since, he was simply backing up a really good QB in Romo.

I do too. If you look at his career trajectory he's played really well when given the opportunity to start on a weekly basis. The guy had awesome numbers in Denver and the only reason he left was b/c of the Tebow disaster. Then in Dallas he was behind Romo so nobody expected him to start there.

His years in Denver were almost exact replicas of Flacco's seasons (stats wise). Yes, that was a few years ago, but it's not like he's crashed and failed since, he was simply backing up a really good QB in Romo.

The problem is that some people on this board see nothing between "they suck" and elite. The reality is that there are QB that are good, not great/elite but good and are enough to get the job done and help the team progress. Orton doesn't need to be a savoir. An average to above average QB is all the team needs to succeed. That is what Orton provides this team.

The problem is that some people on this board see nothing between "they suck" and elite. The reality is that there are QB that are good, not great/elite but good and are enough to get the job done and help the team progress. Orton doesn't need to be a savoir. An average to above average QB is all the team needs to succeed. That is what Orton provides this team.

This...its all or nothing for most bills fans when in actuality it is really somewhere in between.........

- Orton is going to throw interceptions

- Orton is going to throw touchdowns

- Orton is FOUR FOR FOUR in the redzone since comeing in.....do people realize the signficance of this?

- Orton is a non threat as a runner....which means the bills HAVE to figure out their pass protections if they want to be successfull

I thought he was ok yesterday except for the strip sack. I didn't have a huge problem with the int; the bills had to throw it a lot given that they couldn't run and you're always going to have one bad throw. Plus it occurred between the 40s, making it more or less a weak punt. The strip sack, though, was alarming. He held the ball for too long and didn't sense the pressure. That's bad quarterbacking -- RJ-like. Other than that, though, he was solid. His rating yesterday was 94.1, which is good. He pushed the ball down the field and was pretty accurate moat of the time.

He's not the second coming, but he's better than what the Bills have been throwing out there the last few years.

there it is .... Orton knows what he wants and pushes the ball down the field... .yeah that means sacks will happen and sometimes strip sacks will come, but as Scott Chandler said last night, Orton has command, dictates to and/or teaches the WRs where they need to be if this happens or that happens... this guy gets it. Best QB we've had in years. I am not worried about the QB position going forward...

Edited by 8and8Forever

lol. ok. that's right, EJ beat the world by himself. Him and his 19.8 QBR, barely breaking 200yds passing per game.

I don't think he is saying that EJ won those two games singlehandedly. I think his point is that if you read this board, and their "critiques" of EJ Manuel -- It is a wonder the guy is able to dress himself without falling over. Apparently people on this board choose not to see the good passes that he throws (just like many of the people who wan't EJ in there choose to ignore the good throws that KO makes).

I said above, I think this decision was the correct one for all people involved (as long as we keep winning/staying in the hunt). That being said, in the only stat category that matters, EJ and KO are tied .500.

I think that everyone who had repsonded to your previous posts already pointed out that "bottom line" to you. But thanks.

You should really watch these games yourself. Go find some one with cable TV. Or maybe a bar....

So... you deny that his 2 turnovers lead directly to a TD and FG by the Pats??

Are you saying 2 turnovers in the early stages of a game satisfy you?

If you were wrong about Matt LineArt (or whichever QB you chose to side with) why not Orton?

This...its all or nothing for most bills fans when in actuality it is really somewhere in between.........

- Orton is going to throw interceptions

- Orton is going to throw touchdowns

- Orton is FOUR FOR FOUR in the redzone since comeing in.....do people realize the signficance of this?

- Orton is a non threat as a runner....which means the bills HAVE to figure out their pass protections if they want to be successfull

How many of Orton's drives enter the red zone? Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I don't have the patience to read 13 pages of genii discuss the merits of Kyle Orton.

However, out of curiosity is anyone actually proposing a move back to EJ?

It should be clear by now that Kyle Orton is heads and shoulders better than EJ.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Orton is pretty good, which is hugely better than EJ. At the rate EJ was self-destructing, he would've turned into a pile of smoking ash after one more bonehead play. He needs to be sitting and watching, like the plan was all along, to be ready to take over in a year or two.

Orton is better than merely competent. He makes a lot of difficult throws requiring precise touch and accuracy, and not that many poor ones. He's a good ball handler, just as you'd expect with a veteran.

Before the season we all figured the Bills just needed neutral play from the QB, not having net damage done, with the offense's skill positions and the D-line giving us the edge. Turns out the O-line is really bad, bad enough to stop our running attack but interestingly not bad enough to stop Orton. Hmmmm, maybe this is something else he deserves credit for. So looking back at the preseason equation, it turned out EJ was a large negative, and that clearly cost the Houston game. But we don't just have neutral play from Orton, we're getting positive net results. Over 300 yards against Detroit, and 299 against the Pats. Pretty darned good.

Ill say this again the first pick did not lead directly to a td . When the opposing team has to go 60 + yards for the turnover that is not considered leading directly to a score .

If after the pick the Pats had the balling scoring position then you would say that the turnover led directly to a td .

The fact is that the def. pass interference penalty is what led directly to a td

the fumble led directly to a fg

this team is still plagued with below average QB play.

Orton Passer Rating: 20th (EJ 28th)

Orton Total QBR: 31st (EJ 33rd)

Orton is playing better than EJ, but that ain't saying much.

Orton better take advantage of the upcoming so called easier games.

Orton is mediocre, EJ was bad. The Bills have to choose between mediocre and bad, they chose mediocre. it is what it is, poor planning coming into the season again....

Are you saying 2 turnovers in the early stages of a game satisfy you?

If you were wrong about Matt LineArt (or whichever QB you chose to side with) why not Orton?

How many of Orton's drives enter the red zone?

So you take no recognition of our complete inability to score touchdowns under EJ Manuel and inside the red zone with Orton they are perfect on scores to INCLUDE two point conversion?

Ill say this again the first pick did not lead directly to a td . When the opposing team has to go 60 + yards for the turnover that is not considered leading directly to a score .

If after the pick the Pats had the balling scoring position then you would say that the turnover led directly to a td .

The fact is that the def. pass interference penalty is what led directly to a td

the fumble led directly to a fg

While I understand your larger point, any time a team scores after getting a turnover, regardless of the length of the drive or how many plays it takes, it's considered "points off turnovers." The INT and two fumbles led to 13 points off turnovers for NE*.

GO BILLS!!!

Orton has the experience, EJ has to go threw the growing pains of being a NFL QB. The offense made way to many mistakes, to many penalties. I don't know what Hackett is thinking? You have two good RB's that there not utilizing. And lets not forget our secondary or lack of i should say. They are awful. Unless they can correct these issues, We will continue to lose. Our front seven on defense are awesome, Its to bad our secondary stinks.