Friday 4 PM Presser to Introduce Pegulas as the New Owners.

He may be but his wife is true blue WNY. As for Detroit, Deluca may also be referring to the fact that he covets the success of the Red Wings and wants that to be the model for the Sabres. He is a hockey guy first and foremost. I think the Kraft references are along a similar vein. If you to be the best that is a good model to follow.

No, not a hockey guy first, he said. It was just that the opportunity to buy a hockey team emerged before the opportunity to buy a football team.

He said that he had been involved with football for a long time, from his youth watching the Lions (when Ralph was a part owner), right down to helping recruit high school kids for a certain college team.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Every day I enjoy finding a post that seems to be written by a total drunkard, Yours wins today.

Believe it or not, the fact that you missed the point of the post and failed to consider who posted it, makes yourself seem like the drunkard

Basically asked what his plans were to clean house.

Yeah, you know, he actually asked one of the very few legitimate questions at the entire press conference...the sort that legitimate members of the Press are expected to ask.

Sullivan is hated on this board, I know. The fact is he is one of the very few big league journalists in this one horse town.

It's weird how many people think the press should be cheer leaders or an extension of the PR department of the team.

Such is the sorry state of affairs in the USA in 2014 I guess.

People are so used to this sort of role from "the media" it is expected I guess.

It's disgusting.

Terry Pegula: "(Ralph) and I Are Connected" (1:40)

New Owner Terry Pegula comments on former owner Ralph Wilson, Jr.

Terry Pegula on His Family's Dedication To Winning (0:41)

New owner Terry Pegula describes his and his family's primary goal of bringing championships to Buffalo.

Brandon voices support for Doug Marrone, Doug Whaley as Pegula takes over

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Moments after Terry Pegula was introduced as the new owner of the Buffalo Bills at a news conference Friday, president Russ Brandon voiced his support of coach Doug Marrone and general manager Doug Whaley.

“We’re 21 games into Doug Marrone and Doug Whaley’s career. We’re one draft into Doug Whaley’s career as a Buffalo Bills general manager," he said. "You've heard me say it many times: How you don't win is having seven head coaches, nine offensive coordinators, seven defensive coordinators and six general managers since 1998.

Terry Pegula: "I'm a Football Guy" (00:43)

New owner Terry Pegula explains why he's "a football guy" and not just "a hockey guy".

Yeah, you know, he actually asked one of the very few legitimate questions at the entire press conference...the sort that legitimate members of the Press are expected to ask.

Sullivan is hated on this board, I know. The fact is he is one of the very few big league journalists in this one horse town.

It's weird how many people think the press should be cheer leaders or an extension of the PR department of the team.

People are so used to this sort of role from "the media" it is expected I guess.

It's disgusting.

Sullivan? A "big league journalist"?

:lol:

I've worked with big league journalists, and I've sat in that press box at One Bills Drive.

I find nothing about Sullivan to be big league.

I can only surmise that you weren't around for the says of Larry Felser and Jim Kelley.

No, not a hockey guy first, he said. It was just that the opportunity to buy a hockey team emerged before the opportunity to buy a football team.

He said that he had been involved with football for a long time, from his youth watching the Lions (when Ralph was a part owner), right down to helping recruit high school kids for a certain college team.

I believe he is a hockey guy first as he had Sabres season tickets for a long while when he lived in Buffalo, and not Bills season tickets. He has a passion for hockey, and although not a real "hands on" owner. The man is smart enough to know who to hire.

He is a Buffalo fan, and clearly bought the team to keep them in Buffalo. The man clearly wants to bring a championship to Buffalo with both the Sabres & Bills. After watching this Presser I believe that the entire staff is safe this year no matter what the outcome. After the season might be a different story tho.

I believe he is a hockey guy first as he had Sabres season tickets for a long while when he lived in Buffalo, and not Bills season tickets. He has a passion for hockey, and although not a real "hands on" owner. The man is smart enough to know who to hire.

He is a Buffalo fan, and clearly bought the team to keep them in Buffalo. The man clearly wants to bring a championship to Buffalo with both the Sabres & Bills. After watching this Presser I believe that the entire staff is safe this year no matter what the outcome. After the season might be a different story tho.

He lived in Orchard Park a few years and had Bills season tickets.

It's disgusting.

I understand how you can think it was a legitimate question but I would probably think he's been focusing on today and then moving forward he will look into how things work.

If you're familiar with his sabres press conference and saying "Lindy aint going nowhere" and having it make him look like a fool in the end, you'd understand why he wouldn't answer the question even if he had started.

And Jerry is all about writing something negative. Notice how Terry gave him one word answers after he tried to ask a legitimate question?

Edited by The Wiz

If you're familiar with his sabres press conference and saying "Lindy aint going nowhere" and having it make him look like a fool in the end, you'd understand why he wouldn't answer the question even if he had started.

First, I don't think it makes him look like a fool. At the time that is what he truly believed.

But more important, I don't understand the line of thinking that jut because keeping status quo did not turn out well for him one time that means he no longer believes in that. That's crazy thinking. Keeping status quo works all the time all over the world. Do you, or does anyone think a guy like that is going to think to myself,"Damn, I went with my gut that last time and it didn't work, I am never going with my gut again? Next time I won't be so dumb, I'm starting from scratch."

Not a chance.

Any smart person goes into those situations and evaluates them independently, and just because it didn't work on the Sabres one time, he is not going to change his belief in loyalty, or people he thinks are doing good jobs before he got there to keep them there.

I just heard him in the Murph interview. He clearly thinks Brandon is doing a great job and probably includes Whaley in that, too. He said that the team is clearly on the upswing, and as soon as Ralph turned the team over to Brandon things started getting much better in the last two years because he believes organizations take their clues from the leaders at the top, and Ralph was so ill in the years before that.

It's disgusting.

Cheer leaders? No. Far from it. I DO expect journalists to be professional, something Sully knows very little about, given his penchant for tit for tat writing. There was nothing wrong with the question at all. But it was no more "legitimate" than any other question asked today, and it was certainly a naive question given the purpose of today's event. Perhaps you think it was because it's the question you would have asked yourself.

As for the assertion that Sully is "a big league journalist" well, let's just say a big league journalist usually has more of a feel for what he's covering.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

It's disgusting.

So at the press conference about buying the team you feel its the appropriate time and place to ask the new owner if he is going to clean house before close of business on his first day? He barely can find his office or the bathroom and this is the time for that question? It shows his complete disconnect between his role and what people care about. Sullivan cares about Sullivan and he's probably particularly ornery this week since its NE week, when real big league reporters descend on Buffalo from Boston and rub their job, his dream job, in their face. As a NEer himself, he has never been able to get into that market because he, frankly, is a hack. And a miserable, self-loathing hack it appears. I got sucked into this because I flat out despise most of the media in this town. The ones with the biggest voices, who desperately want the attention, are the biggest aholes. Imagine this twit or the card-collecting drive time blowhard for one second. Now ask yourself, who from your high school or college do they remind you of? It won't be someone you consider memorable, unless for some unflattering reason. As I've said before... I met Sullivan once back when I was a young reporter (before I came to my senses and realized covering sports was a joke of a career). It was outside an out of town arena waiting for access to the press entrance. His arrogant attitude, that he was owed access, that he should never have to stand out and wait to be let in was stunning for its dissonance. He's as big a jack-off as you imagine. I wish the reporters covering local governance were as hard in our leaders for things that really matter as some of these guys are with sports, which doesn't matter and frankly no athlete or owner should have to face.

But I came here not to slam this lackey. I came here to say that I'm not happy for myself as a fan, this city, or the players and coaches. If they left. it would suck for a nanosecond and life would move on. I'm happiest today for Terry Pegula. This guy seems genuinely humbled by what his hard work has given him the opportunity to do and I think, without hesitation, that he truly gets satisfaction from the altruistic nature of the purchase. He's the anti-Jerry Jones and I'll always be pulling for Terry Pegula the person.

Edited by zonabb

So at the press conference about buying the team you feel its the appropriate time and place to ask the new owner if he is going to clean house before close of business on his first day? He barely can find his office or the bathroom and this is the time for that question? It shows his complete disconnect between his role and what people care about. Sullivan cares about Sullivan and he's probably particularly ornery this week since its NE week, when real big league reporters descend on Buffalo from Boston and rub their job, his dream job, in their face. As a NEer himself, he has never been able to get into that market because he, frankly, is a hack. And a miserable, self-loathing hack it appears. I got sucked into this because I flat out despise most of the media in this town. The ones with the biggest voices, who desperately want the attention, are the biggest aholes. Imagine this twit or the card-collecting drive time blowhard for one second. Now ask yourself, who from your high school or college do they remind you of? It won't be someone you consider memorable, unless for some unflattering reason. As I've said before... I met Sullivan once back when I was a young reporter (before I came to my senses and realized covering sports was a joke of a career). It was outside an out of town arena waiting for access to the press entrance. His arrogant attitude, that he was owed access, that he should never have to stand out and wait to be let in was stunning for its dissonance. He's as big a jack-off as you imagine. I wish the reporters covering local governance were as hard in our leaders for things that really matter as some of these guys are with sports, which doesn't matter and frankly no athlete or owner should have to face.

But I came here not to slam this lackey. I came here to say that I'm not happy for myself as a fan, this city, or the players and coaches. If they left. it would suck for a nanosecond and life would move on. I'm happiest today for Terry Pegula. This guy seems genuinely humbled by what his hard work has given him the opportunity to do and I think, without hesitation, that he truly gets satisfaction from the altruistic nature of the purchase. He's the anti-Jerry Jones and I'll always be pulling for Terry Pegula the person.

Great post.

Corey Graham: "It Was a Special Moment" (3:42)

Defensive Back Corey Graham reflects on Terry Pegula's introductory press conference and talks about how impressed he was with the emotion displayed by Mr. Pegula.

Pegulas took time to meet with NFL owners

New owner and CEO Terry Pegula talked about the steps he and his wife Kim took to get to know some of the owners in the NFL, while also sharing a bit about themselves.

In a one-on-one interview with Buffalobills.com, Pegula explained how they went to meet three of the league’s influential owners long before the league’s ownership contingent was to vote on them at the league meetings.