Friday 4 PM Presser to Introduce Pegulas as the New Owners.

I disagree. We didnt learn anything because there was only ONE answer he could possibly give today, on that stage, in that situation.

The whole exercise of that question got us no where, imo.

It didnt "need" to be asked.

No, he could have avoided mentioning anyone by name completely. Then we wouldn't know at all if he liked or didn't like Brandon. He could have included Marrone. He could have mentioned Brandon but not any of the football guys like Whaley. That told me stuff I suspected but didn't know. And again, it's a duty of the press IMO to just ask the question so Pegula has a chance to answer or not answer, or provide info like he just did. Now we know for sure that Brandon is likely to stay for quite some time. We didn't know that before.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, Id say the biggest thing we can glean from that PC is that there should be no doubt left that Sully and Graham are idiots.

I had no doubt about that before. It is interesting to note far down the pecking order they are in the Bills eyes by how long it took for them to get recognized. Just an observation.

FWIW, someone had to ask that question. It was essential. I didn't expect him to answer it, but it had to be asked, and would have been negligent by the press to not ask it.

Again, I didn't expect him to answer it, and he did give a little slam to Sully, which was sweet. But I was waiting for someone to ask that question just to see what could be gleaned by how he avoided it. We did learn from those questions that he very much likes Brandon and probably Whaley. That is news and important news.

You make a good point. Graham at least approached it head on. Sully approached it like the weasel he is. The tone of the question he asked was arrogant and weasel like. To paraphrase the immortal words of Kyle Orton, "that was a crap question". Ten to one that Sully's next article will go out of his way to get even. He is that big a douche.

Edited by MDFan

So...did anyone else see that booger that was on his face for about a minute? He wiped it off right before he said "sorry, my daughter is laughing at me." Then in typical every man fashion he kept wiping his nose the rest of the press conference most likely paranoid that he had another. Classic.

Edited by Mark80

Based on his Sabres record, he is not motivated by rivalry but rather by excellence. He wants to collect trophies; Stanley Cups Lombardis, Nobels. Doesn't matter, "show me the iron!"

I honestly don't know how someone could be a true Buffalo Bills fan and not hate the Dolphins, really, really dislike the Jets, and absolutely detest the Patriots. The Jets really haven't ever been the threat of the other two teams, and have been a mostly a joke for a long time.

From what I heard he was a Detroit Lions fan, and his children still are.

FWIW, someone had to ask that question. It was essential. I didn't expect him to answer it, but it had to be asked, and would have been negligent by the press to not ask it.

Again, I didn't expect him to answer it, and he did give a little slam to Sully, which was sweet. But I was waiting for someone to ask that question just to see what could be gleaned by how he avoided it. We did learn from those questions that he very much likes Brandon and probably Whaley. That is news and important news.

My impression was I don't think he's given it much of any thought. Probably impressed with how the organization is being run during the sale process and will mostly leave it be. Pegulas seem like very simple, straightforward people which is refreshing to see. I mean, the guy drove up to Traverse City to watch the jr. Sabres play and was listening to WGR on the way back. For all his wealth he is just a regular guy. Love that him and Kim were driving from New England to NYC and had their dog with them on the hot day they stopped by to see Robert Kraft and brought "Sidney" with them to the meeting.

Love how Sully asked his question and Pegula stumbled through a rough "no changes" answer and ended it by saying "but today's a happy day"

Terry's not a deep thinker but people, Buffalo, the teams, and this region seem critically important to him. The interesting thing in all this is Terry could have all the local entrenched politicians by the balls if he really wants to push the Niagara region forward and beyond sports that is truly exciting.

Why? All he does is negotiate and structure contracts and manage the cap according to the team's set budget.

They'd be wise to retain Overdorf as a capologist.

GO BILLS!!!

he's made personale decisions and is the main reason people though ralph was cheap. i would go into that but there are multiple threads concerning this on the boards already.

This is even more ludicrous than saying Brandon makes personnel decisions.

GO BILLS!!!

I refuse to add a caption for Kim's gesticulation.

GO BILLS!!!

:lol: :lol: It's really just a matter of who she is referring to.

It reminds me of reading a story about Ava Gardner when some dude hitting on her asked her how she could be dating 119 pound Frank Sinatra. Ava said, "19 of it is rooster."

My impression was I don't think he's given it much of any thought. Probably impressed with how the organization is being run during the sale process and will mostly leave it be. Pegulas seem like very simple, straightforward people which is refreshing to see. I mean, the guy drove up to Traverse City to watch the jr. Sabres play and was listening to WGR on the way back. For all his wealth he is just a regular guy. Love that him and Kim were driving from New England to NYC and had their dog with them on the hot day they stopped by to see Robert Kraft and brought "Sidney" with them to the meeting.

Love how Sully asked his question and Pegula stumbled through a rough "no changes" answer and ended it by saying "but today's a happy day"

Terry's not a deep thinker but people, Buffalo, the teams, and this region seem critically important to him. The interesting thing in all this is Terry could have all the local entrenched politicians by the balls if he really wants to push the Niagara region forward and beyond sports that is truly exciting.

Agree with most all of that. But to me it's impossible for him to have not thought about what he would do. Absolutely definitively impossible.

Of course he is not going to say he is. In fact, it was pretty funny on Wednesday when he admitted lying to the press the day he bought the Sabres.

I wholeheartedly agree with most of what you say.

We could not be more fortunate to have the Pegula family owning both the Bills and Sabres -- both as fans and people who love Buffalo.

The emotion he displayed amply demonstrates how much he cares about the Bills and Sabres as well as the community (much more so than saying he hates the Pats or Dolphins or anything like that).

As I have said before, the Pegulas are the best thing to happen to Buffalo since the Pan American Exposition. We are all very, very lucky.