Convince me Pepper Johnson knows what to do

jester43

I want to believe that's going to be the difference Sunday. I saw the Pats killing Cinci with their tight ends Sunday and that sent chills down my spine...since that has been how they killed us so many times. Evidently the kid they got from Tampa is finally helping them play offense they way they did before Hernandez got locked up.

Any of you X and O addicts think you can tell me what Pepper Johnson might suggest to slow them down?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not an X and O guy. Hopefully Boyst chimes in, with this being about the defense.

Looking at the "Points Against" column for BUF makes me feel confident. Brady may, very well, throw for 300+ yards. But we'll beat the schit out of him once the field is shortened.

Go Bills!

With mr. Brady it's all about pressure up the middle to get him off the spot. Then he gets just a little bit risky, ornery , and less accurate. I think most teams know this (including Pepper and Schwartz) but not many can execute it on a consistent basis. You also have to take away his running game and make them one dimensional which it seems like the Bills should be able to do.

I want to believe that's going to be the difference Sunday. I saw the Pats killing Cinci with their tight ends Sunday and that sent chills down my spine...since that has been how they killed us so many times. Evidently the kid they got from Tampa is finally helping them play offense they way they did before Hernandez got locked up.

Any of you X and O addicts think you can tell me what Pepper Johnson might suggest to slow them down?

Had to look this up but the linebacker coach is apparently Fred Pagac... At any rate Schwartz and Pagac can probably expect a lot of play action to take advantage of our young lbs. Brian Galliford over at Buffalo Rumblings has an excellent piece on how NE took advantage of Cincy's back up LBs with play action http://www.buffaloru...lay-action-pass

If I'm Schwartz I'm telling my LBs to defend the pass first and let our D Line handle the run. If the Pats beat us running the ball so be it.. can't give up the seams.. middle of the field to Gronk and company

One game in five. More appropriately, 19 plays.

The Bills' defense, especially with Bradham back, will have no problem stopping Wright.

I don't consider myself an "x" and "o" guy either but what does the DL coach have to do with neutralizing TEs?

Lining the DEs up over the TEs and jamming them up and not letting them get a clean release. Similair to a CB on the WR.

Yes that slows down the rush but I think our two meatballs inside will get most of our push anyways.

Lining the DEs up over the TEs and jamming them up and not letting them get a clean release. Similair to a CB on the WR.

Yes that slows down the rush but I think our two meatballs inside will get most of our push anyways.

Thats all that I could come up with. The coverage falls elsewhere though.

But seriously..., he has worked for Belichick for 26 years. 26! Surely he sat in coaches meetings, game plans and film rooms where it was discussed how other teams would and could defend their offense.

This. He has more experience with the Patriots' defensive lines, offensive lines, and the strengths and weaknesses of each than anyone that has ever been associated with the Bills franchise. It's almost impossible for that not to be an advantage to us.