Convince me Pepper Johnson knows what to do

jester43

mikerodak 11:30am via Cloudhopper

Jeff Tuel in full Tom Brady mode today. Ankle tape, socks, wristband, glove on left hand. Takes that scout team thing to a new level.

I'm somewhat surprised Rodak hasn't been filming practice on his iPhone and sending Vine plays to Bellicheat this afternoon.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is why we brought in Pepper and Spikes. they will know what to do vs NE. you know they have been looking forward to this game for a long time. it's going to be fun to watch!

Dont forget, folks, Jim Schwartz got his start on Belichick's staff as well.

Edited by DrDareustein

this is why we brought in Pepper and Spikes. they will know what to do vs NE. you know they have been looking forward to this game for a long time. it's going to be fun to watch!

Also, he is the DL coach here but he was the LB coach in NE when they had Gronk and Hernandez out there. He practiced against them every day when they were in their prime, before Gronk was made of plastic and Hernandez was in prison. Now it is Bionic Gronk and a UDFA from Rutgers.

I want to believe that's going to be the difference Sunday. I saw the Pats killing Cinci with their tight ends Sunday and that sent chills down my spine...since that has been how they killed us so many times. Evidently the kid they got from Tampa is finally helping them play offense they way they did before Hernandez got locked up.

Any of you X and O addicts think you can tell me what Pepper Johnson might suggest to slow them down?

Pepper Johnson is the D-line coach. You're aware of this, right?

Pepper Johnson is the D-line coach. You're aware of this, right?

he was the LB coach in NE. He practiced against Brady for last 14 yrs. Against Gronk, Hernandez. He coached under Belichick for 26 yrs. Meetings, game planning, film study. I'm sure he has some knowledge. Edited by YoloinOhio

he was the LB coach in NE. He practiced against Brady for last 14 yrs. Against Gronk, Hernandez. He coached under Belichick for 26 yrs. Meetings, game planning, film study. I'm sure he has some knowledge.

There is nothing Pepper can give him that's not readily available through film study.

Based on what?

You think there's a magic bullet? Pepper knows what Brady's kryptonite is? Is he a tight end whisperer? Some trinket of knowledge which only he has which will take away Gronk's size and athleticism?

based on the fact that yes, he has more knowledge than can be gained from film study to apply to a game plan and defensive strategy. Whether or not our players can execute that is another story.

What secret knowledge of Gronk do you think he has?

im not referring to secret knowledge of a single player. I am referring to knowledge of game planning from the other side utilizing specific personnel tendencies toward matchups. That involves a good deal more than readily available film. He has sat in meetings for 14 years talking about what the offense does not want to see, what they feel comfortable doing and not doing against certain packages and formations. It's a similar advantage to what Schwartz had last Sunday. You can gain some info from game film, but practice and meetings are where the knowledge is. That's why even the pro scouts can't rely on film.