Convince me Pepper Johnson knows what to do

jester43

This...

You attack the weakness which right now seems to be their o-line.

True. Their O-line is NOT what it used to be. Still, all these formulas on beating Tom Brady have yeilded little success IMHO... I think we're better served worrying about OUR attack the Pats D... Figuring out how WE score on them is a far better use of our time... I don't think there's anything we can do about Gronk. -He'll get his catches. And Brady will make his throws... I think whether or not we make OURS will be the deciding factor in this game... The Pats have shown that they can generate a withering offense.... I'd like it if we could do the same..

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. Their O-line is NOT what it used to be. Still, all these formulas on beating Tom Brady have yeilded little success IMHO... I think we're better served worrying about OUR attack the Pats D... Figuring out how WE score on them is a far better use of our time... I don't think there's anything we can do about Gronk. -He'll get his catches. And Brady will make his throws... I think whether or not we make OURS will be the deciding factor in this game... The Pats have shown that they can generate a withering offense.... I'd like it if we could do the same..

it seems we have actually had success limiting Brady in the passing game the last two times we played. But in doing so, we failed to stop the run. If we can do both as we have at times this year (though I agree, Gronk will get his) and most importantly score points, and keep their offense off the field, that is key. We really need to be able to run the ball today or I don't think we can win.

it seems we have actually had success limiting Brady in the passing game the last two times we played. But in doing so, we failed to stop the run.

Very true. I am going to be massively disappointed if we let them put up big numbers on us on the ground. I think the Patriots, like last year, still want their identity to be a smash mouth football team that can run the ball in any situation versus a team that prefers to throw the ball all over the field. They won their super bowls early in the Brady and Belicheck era because they could run the ball well and play good defense, not because they had an elite QB. Brady was solid back then, but not elite like he has been now.

Very true. I am going to be massively disappointed if we let them put up big numbers on us on the ground. I think the Patriots, like last year, still want their identity to be a smash mouth football team that can run the ball in any situation versus a team that prefers to throw the ball all over the field. They won their super bowls early in the Brady and Belicheck era because they could run the ball well and play good defense, not because they had an elite QB. Brady was solid back then, but not elite like he has been now.

they got rid of Blount, who is smash mouth. Their other backs are more finesse it seems but still can be effective when used right. I hope we are prepared.