The Walking Dead Return

They can change things. You never know.

They can and they have. They've done it on multiple occasions. i don't think they will this time because this is a very big one but they could.

One of the producers at one part said the series would take a "hard left turn" from the comic book at this point in the story. He was probably completely full of crap like everything else lately but who knows.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lost in everything with the ending, I forgot to comment on the Morgan/Carol stuff. I've hated where this whole story has been going, but I really liked the twist there. All along I figured Morgan's view would get him and others killed. Instead, he kills the savior to save Carol. Great change there. It instantly changes my view of him.

But then again, since they're so loyal to following the comics line per line, I guess none of this actually happened.

I may be wrong, but if memory serves, they made a point of having Glenn pick the gun up and notice the carving on the grip a couple of episodes ago. At any rate, I think, at the very least, we can be nearly certain that the one killed was from the same point of view as from the first person perspective in the cage earlier in the episode, narrowing it down to just four.

Isn't that the gun that Rick hid outside Alexandria a MILLION years ago that went missing?

Lost in everything with the ending, I forgot to comment on the Morgan/Carol stuff. I've hated where this whole story has been going, but I really liked the twist there. All along I figured Morgan's view would get him and others killed. Instead, he kills the savior to save Carol. Great change there. It instantly changes my view of him.

But then again, since they're so loyal to following the comics line per line, I guess none of this actually happened.

This is where I was opposite of the crowd. I loved this story line the whole time and I think there is more to go. The Morgan/Rick stuff last week was great. Lennie James and Melissa McBride are two of the three best actors on the show IMO. Morgan was slowly drawing Carol in the entire season and she is not all the way there even now. In turn, he had to bend his rules, if not break them in deciding which life was more precious. The "people can come back" theme is almost certainly gong to recur and be right sometimes and wrong other times. It sets a tone for Rick among others.

If this plot line wasn't in there I doubt I'd be watching season 7 at all given the schmaltzy Negan non-kill crap at the end of the season.

It SAYS in my audio Glenn. Not much to think about. Dam people

So? Even if you're right all that means is someone shouted Glenn. If Maggie got whacked you don't think Glenn would try to intervene? They told you there were clues in the episode.

At the first encounter with the Saviors Rick was told to treat all the people in the RV like it was their last day on Earth. The only one who didn't come out of the RV in the first encounter was Maggie.

I'm calling it was Maggie and given that the Saviors have a ton of intel I'm also going to call that Gregory dimed them out and set Maggie up. Through observations from afar you wouldn't necessarily identify Maggie as a leader however, anyone who was at Hilltop and more specifically, Gregory certainly would.

I'm also going to call Maggie because it gives them an easier out than having her lose the baby on TV because, let's be honest, that's what was about to happen.

So? Even if you're right all that means is someone shouted Glenn. If Maggie got whacked you don't think Glenn would try to intervene? They told you there were clues in the episode.

At the first encounter with the Saviors Rick was told to treat all the people in the RV like it was their last day on Earth. The only one who didn't come out of the RV in the first encounter was Maggie.

I'm calling it was Maggie and given that the Saviors have a ton of intel I'm also going to call that Gregory dimed them out and set Maggie up. Through observations from afar you wouldn't necessarily identify Maggie as a leader however, anyone who was at Hilltop and more specifically, Gregory certainly would.

I'm also going to call Maggie because it gives them an easier out than having her lose the baby on TV because, let's be honest, that's what was about to happen.

Nah. It's Glenn. Maggie couldn't possibly be screaming that loud well after the 3rd or 4th whack.

I'm right. Trust me.

If the audience didn't know anything about Negan or Lucille, that would have been a "holy s&!t" cliffhanger.

A point many in this thread often overlook. This is the most popular show on cable -- the vast majority of the audience doesn't know diddly poo about the comics and doesn't care. For them this was one hell of a shocker.

And by the way, from what little research I did into where the story in the comic books goes from here, I really hope they do diverge.

Edited by eball

A point many in this thread often overlook. This is the most popular show on cable -- the vast majority of the audience doesn't know diddly poo about the comics and doesn't care. For them this was one hell of a shocker.

And by the way, from what little research I did into where the story in the comic books goes from here, I really hope they do diverge.

It isn't just this thread. Social media and traditional media reviews are almost completely unanimous. IMO it is a shame. All they had to alter was 5 seconds. It was a very bad decision IMO. I'm only one person but this episode made me go from very excited about the new direction of the story to not really giving a crap at all. I don't care who took the bat. I can't be the only one.

After years of not knowing I am still intrigued by whether Tony Soprano got whacked. And that cliffhanger ended the series. Although I think he did get whacked, I'd be all in for a follow up episode...which is now impossible of course. This show is still alive and it isn't worth waiting a week much less 6 months to find out who got the bat, because the cliff hanger makes no sense. The case for it is there but the case against it is 10,000 times stronger unless Rick is the victim, which he isn't.

In the comics, it's very much Glenn, and it's a defining moment of the series/story arc. BUT, another couple of defining moments from the comics weren't followed exactly in the show. "Tainted meat" was Dale, not Bob. "Arrow through the face/eye" was Abraham, not Denise. So, it really could be anyone, enhanced audio or not. After all, the writers of this show aren't above stupid gimmicks to string along the audience.

This stuff was everywhere you looked though. I'm sure there were some who were unaware, but for those people, Negan couldn't have seemed like a threat at all a couple weeks ago. They were plowing through his people with ease. Pair that up with week's of "uh oh, big bad Negan" on talking dead clips and I wonder how confusing it had to be for those who were unaware.

Legitimate question, have we had a male character intentionally kill a named female character yet? I think there were a couple random Wolf related killings but they were killing everyone. Has there been a situation where we have seen a male knowingly and intentionally kill a living woman yet? All the ones I can remember were Carol or Beth. I guess you could count Darryl shooting Officer Lerner in the Hospital after Beth stabbed her. Anything else?

I'm aware that it's probably Glenn, I'm truly hoping it isn't because it makes the entire cliffhanger pretty pointless and all the more frustrating. Glenn has been skirting death most of the season, having him finally die would put an end to that and since we were already subjected to one Glenn death cliffhanger this season two seems tacked on even if it aligns with the comics.

Having to wait 6 months for it to turn out to be Glenn is going to be pretty frustrating and ultimately anti-climactic.

It isn't just this thread. Social media and traditional media reviews are almost completely unanimous. IMO it is a shame. All they had to alter was 5 seconds. It was a very bad decision IMO. I'm only one person but this episode made me go from very excited about the new direction of the story to not really giving a crap at all. I don't care who took the bat. I can't be the only one.

After years of not knowing I am still intrigued by whether Tony Soprano got whacked. And that cliffhanger ended the series. Although I think he did get whacked, I'd be all in for a follow up episode...which is now impossible of course. This show is still alive and it isn't worth waiting a week much less 6 months to find out who got the bat, because the cliff hanger makes no sense. The case for it is there but the case against it is 10,000 times stronger unless Rick is the victim, which he isn't.

I didn't say I (or the public) care about who got the bat -- just that for those who don't follow the comic books, the concept of Negan and a barb-wire-encased baseball bat was shocking. It's pretty simple.

I think they will have to deviate from the books more than they have because living under the Negan business model is going to be boring television if it lasts more than a couple shows before Alexandria does something about it.