Should the Bills end "The Streak" this year...

...with Kyle Orton as the quarterback, would you, as a fan, feel like it's "cheap" considering it wasn't done with a quarterback of the future? I for one would not, but im curious of other fan's thoughts...

I would love to finally make the playoffs and hope it happens this year.

...and yes, I would feel that way a little bit, because after the season I don't know where that would leave us heading into the future.

Edit: stressing I'd feel that way AFTER the season.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

...with Kyle Orton as the quarterback, would you, as a fan, feel like it's "cheap" considering it wasn't done with a quarterback of the future? I for one would not, but im curious of other fan's thoughts...

I would...I also think if we make the playoffs with Orton we should decline and give another team a chance.

Orton is a ten year vet who hasn't taken ten years of hits to his body. He's the most NFL seasoned Bills QB since Bledsoe. He's surrounded by a pretty talented team. Why couldn't he take the Bills on a run? As we see when you have a solid defense you are never out of any game. And not to get carried away here, but since we are making Eli comparisons, consider the defense the Giants had when they went 9-7 and won it all.

But the real test, IMO, is how effective will KO be once other NFL DCs have tape of him? That is always the filter of success. If you can still win even after teams can game plan for you, who knows how far a team can go?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Orton is a ten year vet who hasn't taken ten years of hits to his body. He's the most NFL seasoned Bills QB since Bledsoe. He's surrounded by a pretty talented team. Why couldn't he take the Bills on a run? As we see when you have a solid defense you are never out of any game. And not to get carried away here, but since we are making Eli comparisons, consider the defense the Giants had when they went 9-7 and won it all.

But the real test, IMO, is how effective will KO be once other NFL DCs have tape of him? That is always the filter of success. If you can still win even after teams can game plan for you, who knows how far a team can go?

Do you think his game has changed? There is plenty of tape on him. As you stated, he's a 10-year vet. He's started for three other teams. No DC is rushing around the film room trying to figure out who he is. Edited by scribo

Do you think his game has changed? There is plenty of tape on him. As you stated, he's a 10-year vet. He's started for three other teams. No DC is rushing around the film room trying to figure out who he is.

True but he's never seen KO play in this offense. That matters too.

I doubt the Ram's felt like it was cheap when they were winning the Super Bowl with a grocery stock boy.

Exactly- I thought of that too. The Raiders also had good years with Gannon after he bounced around. You win with the best combo of players you can get out there.

Exactly- I thought of that too. The Raiders also had good years with Gannon after he bounced around. You win with the best combo of players you can get out there.

might as well bring up Testeverde, too.

Good QB's do not have to be household names. Heck, look at who some teams are strapped to! Tony Romo, for instance, is hardly a true franchise QB yet the Cowboys have no choice but to pay and play him.