Watkins trade revisited

Watkins trade revisited   

396 members have voted

1. 1. With what we know now would you make the same trade for Watkins?

• Yes, he's worth it
    • No, I would rather the pick

That's precisely the reason to make the trade. Teams usually hit with a very good player one out of two tries. Watkins is a star player, which is way, way, way better than a very good player.

So by that logic, the Browns will have two awesome picks next year. :D

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, by that logic, they will have a very good player and a bust. We will have a star in his second year.

I do want to note, that I am a fan of Watkins, and I'm glad he's on our team. But considering this teams various weaknesses, I'd rather have the multiple picks. I think the Browns "won" that trade, but their GM doesn't make good picks, so it doesn't really do them any good.

I do want to note, that I am a fan of Watkins, and I'm glad he's on our team. But considering this teams various weaknesses, I'd rather have the multiple picks. I think the Browns "won" that trade, but their GM doesn't make good picks, so it doesn't really do them any good.

First round picks aren't the only way, nor are they usually the best way, to address the holes on this team. Veteran guards is what this team needs, those can be found in Free Agency.

First round picks aren't the only way, nor are they usually the best way, to address the holes on this team. Veteran guards is what this team needs, those can be found in Free Agency.

Bingo.

And we have an owner who isn't going to be afraid to pay for them, if the GM is smart enough to identify and court the right ones.

I cherish draft picks, but I prefer a sure great talent over a couple hopeful guesses. We are 2-5 with another choice. At best.

Exactly Sammy Watkins "wins over replacement" is atleast 3 so far this season.

WAR, Wins Above Replacement is not a grade that is compiled in such an imaginary way like you are assigning it.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

WAR, Wins Above Replacement is not a grade that is compiled in such an imaginary way like you are assigning it.

It is not compiled in football at all.

Bills don't beat Dolphins, Lions and Vikings with Stevie Johnson in place of Watkins imo.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Bills don't beat Dolphins, Lions and Vikings with Stevie Johnson in place of Watkins imo.

Exactly and if it did the concept would be statistically based by a complex equation that you plug numbers into (entire body of work to date), not arbitrarily pulling single plays out of a game and assigning a "win" which you are doing.

And since I've never seen a catch like it before, let alone in a MUST HAVE situation, I don't think anybody else in the league makes that catch against the Lions to set up the game winning FG. And no, I don't think that's hyperbole at all. Sammy Watkins is a RARE talent.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

they don't know where or what that extra pick will turn out to be next year. They do know what this one turned out to be.

Exactly and if it did the concept would be statistically based by a complex equation that you plug numbers into (entire body of work to date), not arbitrarily pulling single plays out of a game and assigning a "win" which you are doing.

When did I talk about any single play?

It is done any way I !@#$ing want to do it since it is not kept in Football.

Next time keep your thoughts to yourself.

Edited by Why So Serious?

When did I talk about any single play?

It is done any way I !@#$ing want to do it since it is not kept in Football.

Next time keep your thoughts to yourself.

The concept of WAR would be used in a similar manner like how it is used in baseball if it ever came to fruition. It would never be used in the manner that Sammy Watkins made 3 big plays that lead to the win in one game, made a spectacular catch on the final drive in another and had a pretty solid game today with one grab being the game winning touchdown. We would be 2-5 without him therefore he is 3 wins above replacement. This is the poor logic that you are using when you quoted WAR.