Watkins trade revisited

Watkins trade revisited   

396 members have voted

1. 1. With what we know now would you make the same trade for Watkins?

• Yes, he's worth it
    • No, I would rather the pick

Bills' Watkins proving he was worth draft day ransom

When the Buffalo Bills traded up to the fourth overall pick in 2014, it was not without a substantial price. Sammy Watkins cost the Bills a first-round pick next year as well, which meant that they hoped to get the most they could out of the draft's best playmaker.

On Sunday, Watkins led the Bills in targets, receptions and receiving yards. Kyle Orton admitted to reporters after the game that, regardless of the look, his game-winning touchdown as time expired was going to Watkins.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like in the Carolina game last season?

I love Stevie, but the carolina catch and yesterdays catch were very different. Stevie was wide open in the carolina catch and watkins was pretty well covered.

I love stevie and I miss him, but Watkins is a super rare talent. he could become a top 3 receiver after he gets some experience and better QB play

It just keeps getting harder and harder to think that this was a bad deal. We can argue things like WAR all that we want but the fact remains that he was the most impactful offensive player on the field in 3 of the 4 wins. Watkins talent and work ethic are off the charts. He is going to have a rookie year that rivals most any rookie year in history (outside of Randy Moss). He is doing this with EJ Manuel and Kyle Orton. Orton is a middle of the road starter at best. I'm not sure what people expected from the draft if they regret this? In addition to his stats HE TAKES OVER GAMES!! That is what separates him from the others. He is open when he's not; he makes plays when everyone in the stadium knows that it's going to him.

I love Stevie, but the carolina catch and yesterdays catch were very different. Stevie was wide open in the carolina catch and watkins was pretty well covered.

I love stevie and I miss him, but Watkins is a super rare talent. he could become a top 3 receiver after he gets some experience and better QB play

In both cases the ball was right in the hands of the receiver. The difference is Sammy made a great move to beat his man. Regardless, the catch part of both plays was easy.