Jimbo Fisher says "I told you so..."

YoloinOhio

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ was drafted for his potential, IMO, not the QB he was at the time he left FSU. I doubt he was meant to start right out of the gate. It was a poor year for QBs, and Geno is a brick with limited upside, so... They also swung another pick out of the deal, which makes EJ, Woods, and Kiko a decent haul for what equaled the Bills first and second round pick prior to the trade.

IMO, benching EJ is as much about salvaging the season in a down year in the AFCE as it is about not destroying the last shred of confidence he has. Due to his own inexperience and our OL's shoddy play, SD's and Houston's D mauled him... what would throwing him to the Lions prove? Orton is Fitz is Kolb. A placeholder/benchmark to measure progress. If EJ can't develop beyond that benchmark, they move on from him, but to say they've moved on after 14 games, when most considered him raw from the start... I doubt it.

Also, good luck recruiting talent in the future, Fisher, if it's that important for you to be able to say I told you so when your players fail. Total dick move.

Child? What did I say that wasn't spot on correct? The decisions made by Nix and Jauron, along with their "be calm, all is well" demeanor directly led to why we are STILL struggling, especially at QB! If that thought process is "childish," I'll go suck my thumb!

It's more the tone and the crudeness, which this board is generally free of (thankfully). Whaley was in all likelihood the guy behind drafting Manuel anyway given what we know about the process in winter/spring 2013.

It's more the tone and the crudeness, which this board is generally free of (thankfully). Whaley was in all likelihood the guy behind drafting Manuel anyway given what we know about the process in winter/spring 2013.

I think the Marrone hire and Manuel pick are unknowns. I'm sure Whaley had his say, but I don't think there's anything out there that says he was in charge of those decisions despite Nix still being the GM.

Also, good luck recruiting talent in the future, Fisher, if it's that important for you to be able to say I told you so when your players fail. Total dick move.

Not sure where the title of this thread came from. The article says this info is "according to sources." As far as I've seen, Fisher hasn't publicly said anything.

Were the Bills sold on EJ as a franchise QB? Absolutely not. If they had been, they would have drafted him with the #8 pick and not made the risk the trade down.

Where I think the front office failed -- and in this case I blame Nix, as it was obvious in his pre-draft quotes -- is that the Bills seemed bound-set-and-determined to draft a QB in the first round. The infamous Nix recording illustrates that the team had no illusions to the fact that the draft was a very weak one for QBs.

In the final analysis, they took a gamble on EJ, believing that he had the intangibles to be the best QB in the very weak class. Thanks to the new CBA, if he never pans out, the misfire will not set the franchise back for years and years.

The book isn't shut yet on Manuel either, IMHO.

Were the Bills sold on EJ as a franchise QB? Absolutely not. If they had been, they would have drafted him with the #8 pick and not made the risk the trade down.

That makes no sense. You draft a guy based on where you think he's valued by other teams. They must not've thought he would go in picks 9-15.