EJ: "I want to be a different player... cut it loose."

johnwalter

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never know-- benching may have lit a fire under him. I still don't know though what you do about the accuracy issues.

He'll have to be content to light the occasional fire under Mr. Orton's cigarrette when instructed to do so....

Towing the company line, saying the right things, lighting fires, cut it loose.

If it helps hitting a coffin corner with the game on the line then great. Especially since it would be a first.

EJ's a punter, too? Who knew?

GO BILLS!!!

Good kid, wants to do well no one ever doubted that. Bottom line...Buffalo shouldn't have drafted him, he isn't a starter in the NFL. Look no knock against the kid, but he isn't the answer. He has always WANTED to let it rip etc. but he just can't. Has had many opportunities to do so, many open WR's and clean pockets. He just doesn't have the head for the game.

I don't think EJ is done. He's 3-4 plays per game away from being pretty good. If he learns from this and becomes a bit better reading defenses and making quicker decisions this could help his career progress. It is definitely a turning point in his career because he is either going to learn from this and get better or he is going to flame out like so many other QB prospects of the past. He is such a likeable kid it makes it easy for me to root for him and hope he succeeds. For the life of me I don't understand the dislike so many on this board have for him. It isn't his fault he was drafted higher than he probably should have and thrust into a starting role before he was ready.

Go Bills and Go EJ. Hopefully your chance doesn't come again this year because that would mean that Orton is doing well and we are in playoff contention.

Coffin quarterback pass plays. Google that and learn, observe the diagrams, pics, then pull foot out of mouth.

Coffin corner is when the Punter boots the ball out at the one.

You're think of throwing to the back pylon.

Coffin quarterback pass plays. Google that and learn, observe the diagrams, pics, then pull foot out of mouth.

Yes, because one can learn so much about football through a google search. And while football semantics can be anyone's game, let's not act like "coffin corner" doesn't have it's origins rooted solidly in the punting game.

But relax, it was a phucking joke. I should have realized I was dealing with TSW's resident wet blanket before making it.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't think EJ is done. He's 3-4 plays per game away from being pretty good. If he learns from this and becomes a bit better reading defenses and making quicker decisions this could help his career progress. It is definitely a turning point in his career because he is either going to learn from this and get better or he is going to flame out like so many other QB prospects of the past. He is such a likeable kid it makes it easy for me to root for him and hope he succeeds. For the life of me I don't understand the dislike so many on this board have for him. It isn't his fault he was drafted higher than he probably should have and thrust into a starting role before he was ready.

Go Bills and Go EJ. Hopefully your chance doesn't come again this year because that would mean that Orton is doing well and we are in playoff contention.

Coffin corner is when the Punter boots the ball out at the one.

You're think of throwing to the back pylon.

No, no he most certainly is not!

Edited by old school

Towing the company line, saying the right things, lighting fires, cut it loose.

If it helps hitting a coffin corner with the game on the line then great. Especially since it would be a first.

Cheap shot. He's thrown a few nice medium-to-deep balls - just off the top of my head: to Williams in the EZ (Giants game), Chandler's over the shoulder sideline grab, the ball right on Sammy' hands on the goal line (I believe the Miami game) that was knocked away...

Yes, because one can learn so much about football through a google search. And while football semantics can be anyone's game, let's not act like "coffin corner" doesn't have it's origins rooted solidly in the punting game.

But relax, it was a phucking joke. I should have realized I was dealing with TSW's resident wet blanket before making it.

GO BILLS!!!

Take some medicine and simmer down.Language is language i know wtf a coffin corner punt is.

If you look at at the play calling, it's mediocre at best. It doesn't play to the players / talent that the Bills have. EJ isn't a pocket passer. If they want to build an offense that depends on a pocket passer (which makes sense if you want your QB to live) then you need a better line and some more time and intensive work for him to learn and be comfortable.

I do not know whether EJ is the second coming of Steve Young (who sat behind Montana), Aaron Rodgers (who sat behind Favre) etc...but if he IS, he will probably be so for another team because the Bills were just to stupid and shortsighted to invest the time AND personnel in him to develop him.

No, no he most certainly not!

well, I guess we disagree.

A few plays made would make a huge difference in the games and extend drives and give more scoring opportunities.

If you look strictly at completion percentage, adding 3 completions per game bring him up to over 68%. That pretty darn solid.

If those additional completions are on the passes downfield, that's even better. I realize a lot of people here hate him and you might be one of them. But in my opinion, he has not been terrible (with the exception of this last game and part of the SD game). I believe he can still become a good starting QB. None of us know for sure. But I know it would be great for the Bills if he can figure it out.

If you look at at the play calling, it's mediocre at best. It doesn't play to the players / talent that the Bills have. EJ isn't a pocket passer. If they want to build an offense that depends on a pocket passer (which makes sense if you want your QB to live) then you need a better line and some more time and intensive work for him to learn and be comfortable.

I do not know whether EJ is the second coming of Steve Young (who sat behind Montana), Aaron Rodgers (who sat behind Favre) etc...but if he IS, he will probably be so for another team because the Bills were just to stupid and shortsighted to invest the time AND personnel in him to develop him.

very well said. 100% agree

Cheap shot. He's thrown a few nice medium-to-deep balls - just off the top of my head: to Williams in the EZ (Giants game), Chandler's over the shoulder sideline grab, the ball right on Sammy' hands on the goal line (I believe the Miami game) that was knocked away...

the play he made to elude the pass rush on the long TD pass this week was pretty impressive as well. Not sure why the haters refuse to give him props for any of the good things he's been able to do, but they are more than happy to exaggerate the negatives.

EJ isn't a pocket passer? What is he then?

And please, this "(insert mediocre player here) will leave the Bills and be great somewhere else" is the biggest farce ever. That happened maybe once in the last 15 years, and even the "winning tradition" Colts had it happen to them.

Edited by FireChan

EJ Manuel: "I Still Believe in Myself" (2:49)

Quarterback EJ Manuel talks about hearing the news from Coach Marrone and what his next step will be on the practice field.

EJ committed to let natural talent carry him

EJ Manuel has already laid out a plan for the way he intends to play if and when he gets back on the game field.