Will 9-7 win the East?

4merper4mer

Can the Bills go 9-7?

Why yes, yes they can! Go Bills!!

what he said

Playoffs, really guys? Can we at least wait to see if Orton can still play. He will be going up against the #1 defense in the league at Detroit, and for some reason the Bills gave up on the idea leading the league in rushing again this year.

It has been since 2011 when Orton last was a full time starter. He started the season for the Bronco's, and went 1-4. Tebow then replaced him, and took Denver to the playoffs. Not the other way around.

He then went to KC that same year, and went 2-1 with them. For some reason the Chiefs didn't retain him, and he left for Dallas.

In 2012 he had no game starts.

In 2013 he had one game start, and lost.

I don't get why this QB is looked on as a savior, when it looks like an act of desperation to me.

its a joke !!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Playoffs, really guys? Can we at least wait to see if Orton can still play. He will be going up against the #1 defense in the league at Detroit, and for some reason the Bills gave up on the idea leading the league in rushing again this year.

It has been since 2011 when Orton last was a full time starter. He started the season for the Bronco's, and went 1-4. Tebow then replaced him, and took Denver to the playoffs. Not the other way around.

He then went to KC that same year, and went 2-1 with them. For some reason the Chiefs didn't retain him, and he left for Dallas.

I don't get why this QB is looked on as a savior, when it looks like an act of desperation to me.

Who ever said Orton is a savior? Everyone agrees he's just a journeyman with adequate skills. Thing is, EJ was SO bad that adequate journeyman is an improvement by comparison. Not a savior, but an improvement.

Crappy divisions are so much more fun than great ones. My most likely scenario: Pats pull it together enough to go 9-7 (or even 10-6) and win it as usual. But if that doesn't happen? A total crapshoot. Pats could still go 8-8. Geno Smith could be benched and Vick could have one last 6-game run in him. Orton could be just enough better than Manuel to get the Bills, with strong D, to 8-8. Tannehill was about to be EJ'd a week ago; one game against the Raiders and he's the QB of the future again. Miami looks like an 8-8 team too. Somebody's got to win it ... why not us?

he probably is not a savior. The fanbase wants results (obviously after 14+ years of pure suck)

What Orton probably wouldn't do is lob a 4 yard marshmallow in JJ Watts arms though. Playoff talk is silly.

Wheres the fun in a 53-3 creaming in a wild card game? id rather suck and get a great position for a first round pick. Wait? Huh.........

Find 7 more likely wins:

10/05 @ Detroit Lions

10/12 New England Patriots

10/19 Minnesota Vikings

10/26 @ New York Jets

11/09 Kansas City Chiefs

11/13 @ Miami Dolphins

11/23 New York Jets

11/30 Cleveland Browns

12/07 @ Denver Broncos

12/14 Green Bay Packers

12/21 @ Oakland Raiders

12/28 @ New England Patriots

Oakland is 1. We have 5 division games left, and this defense (assuming that the injuries suffered Sunday don't change the lineup) gives me hope for 3 or maybe even 4. Green Bay, Denver, KC, and Detroit are unlikely. Before the season, I thought the Browns would be bad, but they are playing tough and staying in or winning games I'd thought they wouldn't. And I don't know what to think about Vikings.

Of course, the league is so unpredictable. No team is the same in November that it was in September. It should be an interesting ride. If we can get competent QB play (meaning the OL keeps him upright and the OC has a decent scheme so that the QB has a chance to impact the game), we have a chance--neither particularly strong or weak chance--to get to 9 wins.

kj

Find 7 more likely wins:

10/05 @ Detroit Lions

10/19 Minnesota Vikings

10/26 @ New York Jets

11/09 Kansas City Chiefs

11/13 @ Miami Dolphins

11/23 New York Jets

11/30 Cleveland Browns

12/07 @ Denver Broncos

12/14 Green Bay Packers

12/21 @ Oakland Raiders

Oakland is 1. We have 5 division games left, and this defense (assuming that the injuries suffered Sunday don't change the lineup) gives me hope for 3 or maybe even 4. Green Bay, Denver, KC, and Detroit are unlikely. Before the season, I thought the Browns would be bad, but they are playing tough and staying in or winning games I'd thought they wouldn't. And I don't know what to think about Vikings.

Of course, the league is so unpredictable. No team is the same in November that it was in September. It should be an interesting ride. If we can get competent QB play (meaning the OL keeps him upright and the OC has a decent scheme so that the QB has a chance to impact the game), we have a chance--neither particularly strong or weak chance--to get to 9 wins.

kj

there's 7, make the NYETS a sweep and it's 8.

and IF the Putrids are truly done ..... make it 9

New England will go 9-7. If we go 9-7 does it go the split against them and then general divisonal record? (so if we were say 0-2 v the Pats but 4-2 in the division and they were 2-0 v us and 3-3 overall would that favour us or them? ) I'm never sure on that tie break.

Anyway.. 9-7.... and 4-2 in the division might be enough I reckon.

Find 7 more likely wins:

10/05 @ Detroit Lions

10/19 Minnesota Vikings

10/26 @ New York Jets

11/09 Kansas City Chiefs

11/13 @ Miami Dolphins

11/23 New York Jets

11/30 Cleveland Browns

12/07 @ Denver Broncos

12/14 Green Bay Packers

12/21 @ Oakland Raiders

kj

8 wins will do it, imo. We got as good a shot as anyone in the AFC Least.

Who ever said Orton is a savior? Everyone agrees he's just a journeyman with adequate skills. Thing is, EJ was SO bad that adequate journeyman is an improvement by comparison. Not a savior, but an improvement.

An improvement remains to be seen.

From what I'm reading this QB change has fans thinking it was ALL the QB, and its not. Changing the QB isn't going change the play calls for 44 passes vs 20 runs. Nor will it upgrade the run game in the red zone or short yardage, and it isn't going to fix the OG position.

So, what happens if Orton falls on his face? What then?

From what I'm reading this QB change has fans thinking it was ALL the QB, and its not. Changing the QB isn't going change the play calls for 44 passes vs 20 runs. Nor will it upgrade the run game in the red zone or short yardage, and it isn't going to fix the OG position.

If Orton falls on his face it'll be no loss. EJ was horrific. That said, Orton is a known entity. He'll be mediocre, but not a complete disaster. In this situation, mediocrity is the better option. If somehow he's even worse than EJ (is that possible?), you could always trot out Manuel to suck again.

That is all correct. The rest of the offense and offensive coaches got a pass. They need to step up now or else they will be worried about being next.