Will 9-7 win the East?

4merper4mer

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Orton falls on his face it'll be no loss. EJ was horrific. That said, Orton is a known entity. He'll be mediocre, but not a complete disaster. In this situation, mediocrity is the better option. If somehow he's even worse than EJ (is that possible?), you could always trot out Manuel to suck again.

Welp I have visions of Jordan Palmer, and you have visions of the playoffs. A known entity that went 1-4 in Denver as the full time starter, and was replaced by Tim Tebow of all people.

And what's EJ's mentality going to be like always looking over his shoulder? Marrone may have just made himself another JP Losman. It also helps if the receivers catch the ball, and the OC knows what type of defense he is going up against.

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Mike_Williams_We_Adjusted_a_Little_Too_Late/2229d307-9410-4b01-bdbb-c911b4607d09

Welp I have visions of Jordan Palmer, and you have visions of the playoffs. A known entity that went 1-4 in Denver as the full time starter, and was replaced by Tim Tebow of all people.

And what's EJ's mentality going to be like always looking over his shoulder? Marrone may have just made himself another JP Losman. It also helps if the receivers catch the ball, and the OC knows what type of defense he is going up against.

http://www.buffalobi...bb-c911b4607d09

EJ has the accuracy of Loseman without the heart, guts or deep ball skills. Marrone can't be expected turn chicken sh-t into chicken salad. I'd take Tebow over EJ in a heartbeat, btw.

From what I'm reading this QB change has fans thinking it was ALL the QB, and its not. Changing the QB isn't going change the play calls for 44 passes vs 20 runs. Nor will it upgrade the run game in the red zone or short yardage, and it isn't going to fix the OG position.

A more experienced QB will be more willing to check to run or even change the play without check down telling coaches to bench him if they do not like it.

This really should be a "does 9-7 win the division thread", not a "wh is worse EJ or Greggo Marrone" thread. Let's stay on track.

Anyway if 9-7 is going to win the division we had better hope we lose to the Lioins this week. The Bears win put us in a bad way with tiebreakers and a win this week wouldn't exactly eliminate us but with our 2 remaining NFC games at hoome we will probably win at least one and that would kill us in a lot of tie breakers.

http://www.buffalobi...bb-c911b4607d09

You didn't click the link and watch what Mike Williams had to say about the Bills esteemed OC did ya. It wasn't just EJ. If that fool of an OC would have run the ball like he did year this might not even be an issue.

But alas, Marrone says it was all him, and I have a suspicion that Whaley needs Watkins to be a bigger part of the offense. Hence the more passing plays, and another big reason for Orton starting.

This really should be a "does 9-7 win the division thread", not a "wh is worse EJ or Greggo Marrone" thread. Let's stay on track.

Anyway if 9-7 is going to win the division we had better hope we lose to the Lioins this week. The Bears win put us in a bad way with tiebreakers and a win this week wouldn't exactly eliminate us but with our 2 remaining NFC games at hoome we will probably win at least one and that would kill us in a lot of tie breakers.

Tie breakers outside of the division are, in my opinion, unlikely to come into it. I don't see us finishing 9-7 in joint 1st with a team we split with and with identical in division records.