EJ stinks, refs blew final call and...

r00tabaga

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem isn't the refs. It's our QB, offensive line, defensive backs and coaching staff.

That may be true...

But you can't tell me that was not textbook illegal contact on that final play...Because it was...Textbook...Contact beyond the 1st 5 yards with the QB still in the pocket...But the Texans DB took it one step further and went with constant contact beyond 5 yards...The only time he was not re-routing Woods was in the first 5 yards...

And this is supposedly a point of emphasis in the NFL this year? Not when the Bills are trying to win on the road apparently...

The problem isn't the refs. It's our QB, offensive line, defensive backs and coaching staff.

LOL! Other than that, we are on our way to a 12-4 season.

"Most talent in 10 or 15 years"

"EJ is progressing. Growing pains. Patience."

"We are still 2-1; tied for lead in division"

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

"Buffalo, NY. Where mediocrity is not only tolerated, it is encouraged."

LOL

Same $&*# different year.

I hate that every week the refs are very inconsistent in calling similar penalties against both teams. Usually in the opposing teams favor. It has been that way for as long as I remember. I used to get in arguments with friends and family over it until I sat them down and watched the games along side them and pointed everything out to them. They pick and choose what rules to enforce and which team they apply to.

That was a critical play and clearly illegal contact if not interference. This team fights despite this kind of stuff and that is a credit to Marrone. With that said, EJ missed critical throws all day, especially in the 1st half when the Bills had a chance to put the game away.

Oh yes, blame the coaching staff when execution has been AWFUL.

Execution is bad, I agree. But its the classic... set your team up to lose. This is a basic, predictable offense. But the 3rd quarter the entire defense is within 15yds of the LOS. It's hard to do much when the entire defense is on the line with little too fear.

Execution is bad, I agree. But its the classic... set your team up to lose. This is a basic, predictable offense. But the 3rd quarter the entire defense is within 15yds of the LOS. It's hard to do much when the entire defense is on the line with little too fear.

Not the first time we've blown up in the third quarter. Also a large part of the job of a coachin staff is to get a team to execute on game day. It's an upsetting loss because we seemed to be totally outplaying the Texans in the first half and got out coached in the second.

Agreed. EJ didn't have a good game, but that last non pass interference call was tragic. The offensive line, and the DBs, particularly McKelvin are killing us. Watkins dropping 3 very catchable passes did not help.

Sure is.

Good point. Forgot about that. How in the hell does that not get called against Watt.

The fact of this team is, there is no confidence in making key plays. Good teams, you just know it will turn out well, the Bills, you wait for 10 point leads to go away fast. This was the game where I accepted that Manuel is not the answer.

Completely disagree. EJ would he playing a hell of a lot better if he had time to throw. There definitely were passes he should have completed. On the other hand, there were so.e routes that were either illegally picked, and a few where the WR was at fault by not running the route properly.

I don't know, if the refs make that call against Woods, they should have made the call against Gilmore when he body blocked the guy about to run past him for a touchdown. The refs allowed them to fight for position...could have called it, but I honestly don't have a problem with the no call...I do have a problem with our teams (and particularly our quarterback's) execution.

That may be true...

But you can't tell me that was not textbook illegal contact on that final play...Because it was...Textbook...Contact beyond the 1st 5 yards with the QB still in the pocket...But the Texans DB took it one step further and went with constant contact beyond 5 yards...The only time he was not re-routing Woods was in the first 5 yards...

And this is supposedly a point of emphasis in the NFL this year? Not when the Bills are trying to win on the road apparently...

All other ineptitude aside wood haas a guy learning on his shoulder for that entire route. Total bs no call.