Levitre in danger of being benched

Paul Kuharsky: I'll be very surprised if they make the move this week. But I do think Andy Levitre has to start playing better or he's in trouble. On the radio Friday, I asked GM Ruston Webster how much the big investment they made in Levitre as a free-agent signee last year preserves his status. He said everyone has to play well and contribute to wins and pointed out the Titans have invested a great deal into Taylor Lewan as well.

http://espn.go.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/9467/mailbag-on-poor-starts-for-hunter-levitre?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised to hear him not playing well also. Not to say I agree with paying out that much for a guard - but Andy clearly played at a high level.

Here's the funny thing about guards if we're all honest. When watching live it's hard to pay attention to good guard play. You basically make your assessment based on if you saw bad things.

Had to look up Demetress Bell. Free agent. Kills me that these guys were sooooo good in Buffalo but went elsewhere for the money and sucked it up. Philly released Bell after a season. Sounds like they are system players for sure.

Yep. That .5 second release to SJ13 made that O-line look above average.

I remember some poster saying something like that in 2012 and suffering derision.

Oh, here it is. http://forums.twobil...not-a-strength/

I said the same thing countless times too. Fitz made that oline a lot better than it was.

That said, Levitre was still the best and most versatile guy on that line and I am surprised he is not producing.

This board lost their minds when we let him go. So much for TSW armchair GMs.

Seriously. We didn't pay the 14th ranked guard in the league $48M and it people acted like we lost a Hall of Famer.

I would laugh, but our replacement plan has been a comedy of errors.

Yep. That .5 second release to SJ13 made that O-line look above average.

I remember some poster saying something like that in 2012 and suffering derision.

Oh, here it is. http://forums.twobil...not-a-strength/

I might suggest that Gailey and Joe D made the line look good.

They made good use of Spiller and Fitz and SJ . It was a group that had limitations . but they were minimized . Andy was one of my favorite to watch next to Wood. Those guys had some trust .

he did some neat stuff on the second level and outside of the hash marks.

Not a power blocker. Obviously .

will they trade him to us for Chris Willams ? :thumbsup:

Seriously. We didn't pay the 14th ranked guard in the league $48M and it people acted like we lost a Hall of Famer.

I would laugh, but our replacement plan has been a comedy of errors.

Agreed. The overreaction to losing Levitre was hilarious. Has he ever been close to making a pro bowl? That said, our replacement plan has been just as bad. Still, drafting Gs high or paying them a ton of money is a bad way to build a football team.