Levitre in danger of being benched

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. That .5 second release to SJ13 made that O-line look above average.

I remember some poster saying something like that in 2012 and suffering derision.

Oh, here it is. http://forums.twobil...not-a-strength/

That was shear brilliance, it must be for you to be patting yourself on the back 2 years later (for a very general statement that was very meh).

Agreed. The overreaction to losing Levitre was hilarious. Has he ever been close to making a pro bowl? That said, our replacements plan has been just as bad. Still, drafting Gs high or paying them a ton of money is a bad way to build a football team.

Its not the player or the money he managed to obtain. Its the fact that here we are two years later, and the Bills are fielding some of the worst OG's in the NFL. Levitre graded far better in Buffalo then any OG in the years prior or since.

If they are so easy to obtain they why can't Buffalo seem to find a decent pair, and some backups. Its a bad way to build a football team with crap players too.

Gailey was a good coach, who could be a great offensive coordinator. His biggest failing was his choice of defensive coordinators, and bad luck on defense. Dave Wannstedt looked like a good plan, but Wannstedt's view was that a dominant defensive line could mask weak LBs. Then Mario Williams hurt his wrist and Marcel Dareus didn't show up, and the defensive line wasn't a force as expected, and then it turned out Wannstedt couldn't scheme.

All that is the responsibility of the head coach, but it wasn't like Gailey was a fool. Some reasonable things he did just didn't work out.

there was a reason he was fired! He would have EJ throwing 40+ times a game, and even more so then Hackett.

The one aspect of Gaileys offense that worked so well was the 4 WR spread set, and running the ball out of the shot gun. The problem was he kept wanting to always pass the ball with a lousy QB, and not wanting to run enough with great RB's

Paul Kuharsky: I'll be very surprised if they make the move this week. But I do think Andy Levitre has to start playing better or he's in trouble. On the radio Friday, I asked GM Ruston Webster how much the big investment they made in Levitre as a free-agent signee last year preserves his status. He said everyone has to play well and contribute to wins and pointed out the Titans have invested a great deal into Taylor Lewan as well.

http://espn.go.com/b...rce=twitterfeed

Should have stayed in Buffalo, how often do we see a FA go somewhere else and bust. He was our best O-line here, although injuries may have contributed.

I said the same thing countless times too. Fitz made that oline a lot better than it was.

That said, Levitre was still the best and most versatile guy on that line and I am surprised he is not producing.

I can not believe the respect Fitz is getting on this board B-)

For the money Andy got it was a good no sign for the Bills, and I believe the same with Byrd. I am ok with the overpay for M Williams tho.

he really is only worth half, we had to seriously overpay to some talent here.

No it's just that many posters will not accept Gailey knew the hand he was dealt, and designed a team and scheme around it. This includes CJ, his o-line, and Fitz.

I'm not trying to recap history, but Gailey was better than we want to admit. He knew Fitz's limitations, the line's limitations, and the speed of Spiller along with an avg WR

I still like Levitre and know he could be an addition to us. He's not worth $8 mil a year though.

maybe we can get him back at a reduced rate.

Should have stayed in Buffalo, how often do we see a FA go somewhere else and bust. He was our best O-line here, although injuries may have contributed.

I can not believe the respect Fitz is getting on this board B-)

he really is only worth half, we had to seriously overpay to some talent here.

maybe we can get him back at a reduced rate.

I wish BB. That would be nice.