Great News for Buffalo and WNY

BucksNBills

Had a roommate that worked for them got two months . The sales iss high pressure sales getting you to lease the panels. If you don't sell X a month. you are gone, which is what happened to him. He had to spend a day a week at a table at Home Depot burg no jelp but a stacj=k of flyers.

I love the irony of solar cells being produced in the cloudiest part of the country.

But seriously, a great get for Buffalo.

Well, actually we don't crack the top 14 in partially cloudy or heavy cloud cover days out of 260 weather stations that track these things. You have to get to quarter cloud cover for us to break the top 13, and of the top 14 partly cloudy areas, 5 are in Florida. Go figure...

I;m just pointing out that their business tactics are just like the other companies. Incoherent drivel? I had a stroke in July and sometimes I think I am typing OK and it comes out as gibberish

I am not being a naysayer... But do they have a plan for snow removal on solar panels?

Really... I am not joking or being a wiseguy. Are they set @ an angle so the snow slides right off? My father has one on his roof for the past 30 years in S.Cheektowaga... It is at a really steep angle. I suppose they figured this out.

This is great news... BFLO gets slack, but it is sunny! I recall hearing that some of the sunniest months are September and February. That is a good thing February is plus during the winter. Not sure how true this is?

I'm sorry to cast a cloud over the solar panel but 2500 people lost their jobs and their pensions when Republic Steel folded. When you work for a company that goes bankrupt, guess who pays the pensions? The US taxpayers ala PBGC. And the benefits are a fraction of what the employees actually earned. So if this is waht it takes to "turn the WNY economy around," it's way too little and much too late.

Next time you're enjoying a BILLS game, look around and guess the amount of electricty it takes to run the Ralph. Solar and wind energy combined would be totally inadequate.

I'm sorry to cast a cloud over the solar panel but 2500 people lost their jobs and their pensions when Republic Steel folded. When you work for a company that goes bankrupt, guess who pays the pensions? The US taxpayers ala PBGC. And the benefits are a fraction of what the employees actually earned. So if this is waht it takes to "turn the WNY economy around," it's way too little and much too late.

Next time you're enjoying a BILLS game, look around and guess the amount of electricty it takes to run the Ralph. Solar and wind energy combined would be totally inadequate.

Solar and wind power will never come close to creating the amount of energy we require on this planet. Nuclear is the best alternative.

Solar and wind power will never come close to creating the amount of energy we require on this planet. Nuclear is the best alternative.

Of course you're right.

I used to see a nuclear plant near Syracuse, on Lake Ontario. Have not flown over/been there in years but hopefully it's still running. Since Gov. Cuomo is against fracking, I can guess that he's totally against nuclear, even though NYC gets a lot from Indian Head, on the Hudson River.